Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Borderlands: Armory of General Knoxx Stuff

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

Edited By Sarumarine

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx feels like one big long apology for Mad Moxxi's Underdome. I'm about two or three hours in and the jump in quality of things to do from Underdome to this is huge. It's almost enough to wash the bad taste out of my mouth for wasting 18 hours beating 20 rounds in all three arenas and getting absolutely nothing to show for it. I can almost picture it now . . .  

Gearbox: "We're really sorry about Underdome. Really, REALLY sorry. How about new vehicles? And guns? And now you can actually meet Moxxi and do fun things with her. Oh! How about a level cap increase? We'll even bring back Scooter (Catch-a-Ride!). There are even a bunch of highways so you can cruise to Judas Priest or Tom Cochrine or whatever. We even put in 50% more Fifth Element refrences and don't forget to check out the world's biggest bullet! Enjoy! 

P.S: We're really sorry about wasting your time with Underdome. But that item bank was pretty sweet, huh?" 

I haven't beaten it yet but it's looking good to hold a constant vibe of awesome through the whole thing. I'm a little cautious. For me, Moxxi's Underdome started out pretty sweet before taking a swan dive into absolute frustration. I don't know how I feel about the huge highways yet. It's kind of a bummer that there is no quick travel in General Knoxx. The fastest ride you can get flips really easily, (even when you turn just a tiny bit) I've already pulled a barrel roll without trying so Peppy would be proud. There's another thing that General Knoxx DLC seems to chug. Texture pop up is really bad in the main hub. I'm hoping that issue will work itself out. Until then, Secret Armory is pretty impressive, even by Zombie Island standards. Bonus points that I haven't seen any reskinned areas like Dead Haven yet. 

"That's what she said! High five! *Cough* Ahem."

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sarumarine

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx feels like one big long apology for Mad Moxxi's Underdome. I'm about two or three hours in and the jump in quality of things to do from Underdome to this is huge. It's almost enough to wash the bad taste out of my mouth for wasting 18 hours beating 20 rounds in all three arenas and getting absolutely nothing to show for it. I can almost picture it now . . .  

Gearbox: "We're really sorry about Underdome. Really, REALLY sorry. How about new vehicles? And guns? And now you can actually meet Moxxi and do fun things with her. Oh! How about a level cap increase? We'll even bring back Scooter (Catch-a-Ride!). There are even a bunch of highways so you can cruise to Judas Priest or Tom Cochrine or whatever. We even put in 50% more Fifth Element refrences and don't forget to check out the world's biggest bullet! Enjoy! 

P.S: We're really sorry about wasting your time with Underdome. But that item bank was pretty sweet, huh?" 

I haven't beaten it yet but it's looking good to hold a constant vibe of awesome through the whole thing. I'm a little cautious. For me, Moxxi's Underdome started out pretty sweet before taking a swan dive into absolute frustration. I don't know how I feel about the huge highways yet. It's kind of a bummer that there is no quick travel in General Knoxx. The fastest ride you can get flips really easily, (even when you turn just a tiny bit) I've already pulled a barrel roll without trying so Peppy would be proud. There's another thing that General Knoxx DLC seems to chug. Texture pop up is really bad in the main hub. I'm hoping that issue will work itself out. Until then, Secret Armory is pretty impressive, even by Zombie Island standards. Bonus points that I haven't seen any reskinned areas like Dead Haven yet. 

"That's what she said! High five! *Cough* Ahem."

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I only disliked two things. 

1. It was mad easy, but that could be because I was doing it in playthrough 1 rather than playthrough 2
    2. Driving across the highways got tiring pretty fast
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Darkstar614

I don't think they're sorry for Underdome, they have billboards in game advertising the Storage Bank "Available only in the Underdome!"

But yeah Knoxx is a pretty kick-ass DLC. Best I've seen so far for paid DLC in a game.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sarumarine
    @Darkstar614 said:
    "I don't think they're sorry for Underdome, they have billboards in game advertising the Storage Bank "Available only in the Underdome!"  But yeah Knoxx is a pretty kick-ass DLC. Best I've seen so far for paid DLC in a game. "
    I'd like to think that was a joke. I found it pretty funny how many Underdome signs there were. As it if to constantly remind you what they put out last. 

"Remember that? Yeah . . . Go buy it anyway!"
    wfolse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By wfolse1

I'm still trying to get through the main game so I haven't bought this dlc yet.  I'm pretty excited about it though. 

Have you installed the game to your hard drive?  I did and it seemed to fix alot of the slow texture loading in the main game.  

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sarumarine
    @wfolse1 said:
    "I'm still trying to get through the main game so I haven't bought this dlc yet.  I'm pretty excited about it though.  Have you installed the game to your hard drive?  I did and it seemed to fix alot of the slow texture loading in the main game.   "
    Yeah. Borderlands is totally installed. That's why it's a little weird. I'm looking into it. It might not be the fault of the DLC. But Knoxx for the most part is running fine and texture pop is only a minor issue.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By c1337us

I haven't bought any of the Borderlands DLC. I was happy enough to let my interest in the game die with the main game. This does sound fun though.

N3vsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By N3vsta

I haven't bought any of the borderlands DLC yet. When I get some Microsoft points i'll probably pick up Zombie island, skip Underdome riot, and buy the secret armory of general knoxx as well.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By gearhead

Too bad for me that I have to go through two more levels of the Underdome, on splitscreen, with a level 4 character hosting the game so that my 55 can beat shit up. It takes like two hours though per level....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.