Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Zombie Island

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

Ok....I took the advice from you guys and jumped into Zombie Island as a level 37.  The first quest said level 42 "impossible".  I was hoping this was not true, because I was told the zombies scale to our current level.  I jumped down and got swarmed on by lots of level 42 zombies and was killed before I could even kill one zombie in this DLC.  

I have three words WTF.  

So should I go back to my original plan and try this DLC after I hit level 50 like Jeff did?

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By THE_END

Nobody on right now that played through zombie island?

MonkeyGekko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MonkeyGekko

I don't know about the scaling, I thought it scaled to your level too, but I played through it at level 50 and had fun with it while it lasted.

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THE_END
    Anybody else have any advice?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

That is pretty weird, sounds like a glitch or something. it is supposed to scale to your level so all enemies are at your level or otherwise one or two higher. 
    Don't wait till you hit lv 50 though, its never as fun when alot of the character progression gets taken out. Might have to just start a new character, reason to create a new class at least.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By gla55jAw

What playthrough are you on? When I played this, I got it right after my 1st playthrough ended and I couldn't make it past the first area of zombies. I had to go back and play on my 1st playthrough and I was fine.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

It doesn't scale to your level. It scales to your story progression. It's the weird scaling system that Gearbox has decided to go with. So, I would recommend going back into the regular game and gaining a few levels. Come back and you should be able to start mowing through zombies. I know I went from roughly level 35-47 in zombie land alone.

freeground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By freeground

That is wierd for me the zombies were a level or two above me at worst.
    tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By tmlim
    @freeground said:
    " That is wierd for me the zombies were a level or two above me at worst. "
    Same for me.  I started at Level 36 and had no problem.  In fact I found that most missions and enemies were levels below me.  Leveled up fast with Zomie Island.
    Furyjoell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Furyjoell

Yeah it scales depending on how far through the story you are, so you can actually be quite a bit over or under levelled, depending how much side stuff you've done, really weird system.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.