Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brink

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 10, 2011

A multiplayer-focused, class-based first-person shooter running on id Tech 4, in which oppressive soldiers and anarchistic terrorists battle for the few remaining resources on a failed paradise known as the Ark.

Be More Objective is really tough

Lukaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lukaz

I'm playing through the challenges of Brink and I am stumped on the Be More Objective two star mission. I've played solo and with another player multiple times and nothing. All of the other objectives were no problem to beat in one and two star. Has anyone beat it and found a good way to approach it?

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Gav47

You gotta get that charge planted right away, run to it straight away. I was surprised at how how good the AI was, Heavy and Medium gay held their ground while the lighter guys always tried to out flank me.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By bicycleham

Go Medium and be quick quick quick. SMART is your friend and so are fast hitting Assault Rifles that are buffed like the Euston or even the Rhett.

Lukaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lukaz
    @Gav47: I always plant ASAP and that's fine. I can even handle the repair portion pretty well. The toughest part is the hacking portion as the operative; the enemy spawn is right next to the place that you need to hack (in solo, at least) which makes it nearly impossible to hack. The A.I. are not smart, they're only really accurate. For some reason this only applies to the enemy A.I. cuz my teammates (again, in solo) are disgustingly retarded and unable to kill anything.

My current approach to operative section is to clear the area next to the terminal that is needed to be hacked and I place the hacking device then hide behind the wall/cover. This got me through it once out of a large number of tries.
    Lukaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lukaz
    @Xolare: I hate the Euston but I'm glad you mentioned the Rhett cuz it turned out to be a pretty decent rifle.
    Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gav47
    @Lukaz: Ahh I get you now, just throw the hack box on the terminal and run back around to the command post, the hack is pretty quick (quicker than the campaign and multiplayer) and should still get your 5 bars. When I did it the enemy AI was to busy slaughtering my team mates to get to the box.
    GrindedStone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By GrindedStone

Do them solo, it's really hard, but you get a lot better.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jackel2072

i had more problems with the hacking on that one. also tower defense 3 star is kind of a bitch, but doable 

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm
    @Lukaz: Climb! The thing that killed me was I kept running to the stairs and trying to "logic" my way through the map, and it wasn't working. I started thinking outside of the box, climbing boxes to get to other levels, completely bypassing stairs, and sliding into openings and behind cover to regain health. I suggest a shotgun would be good for this map, or something that's powerful that you can hipfire. Don't stop to take down enemies, but also don't run into enemies. You're going to take a certain amount of damage, but you have to keep moving.

I started counting down from three, and then on one I would gun it and try to make it to the objective without dying while still climbing all over the course like a jungle gym.
    GrandMarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By GrandMarshal

hit your head against it for 2 hours and then you will win ='[

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Yanngc33

It's impossible, I hate this game so much. The challenges and the level where you have to keep the missile from going off are unfair and ridiculously hard. It's as if the game knows your every move and anticipates it. Also, have any of you had the case where beating Be More Objective in co-op did not count towards the achievement? Cause I beat the third level on co-op and the second one alone with another character and I got nothing. The lack of difficulty selection for the challenges is dumb 

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Getz
    @Lukaz said:
    @Gav47: I always plant ASAP and that's fine. I can even handle the repair portion pretty well. The toughest part is the hacking portion as the operative; the enemy spawn is right next to the place that you need to hack (in solo, at least) which makes it nearly impossible to hack. The A.I. are not smart, they're only really accurate. For some reason this only applies to the enemy A.I. cuz my teammates (again, in solo) are disgustingly retarded and unable to kill anything. My current approach to operative section is to clear the area next to the terminal that is needed to be hacked and I place the hacking device then hide behind the wall/cover. This got me through it once out of a large number of tries.
    This is exactly my problem. The spawn is so close to the hack objective, and the enemies spawn so fast that I just can't get over to the objective fast enough. If I try suppressing them by shooting them down, I'm just stalemated with them as they keep rushing in more guys. It's bullshit, and it has nothing to do with the AI being smart. 
    Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Stahlbrand

Use a low level character, rank 1 ideally.  That way all the AI will be rank 1 tier in intellegence and equipment - you wont see any turrets, flashbangs, or heavy weapons on the field. 

After that, just hustle as quickly as possible.  It may take a lot of attempts to actually seal the deal with a low-level character, but trying to do 'Be More Objective' with a rank 3 or greater character is a mistake.

Try the RockSteady AR for long range work and the Kross SMG for CQC. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.