Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brink

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 10, 2011

A multiplayer-focused, class-based first-person shooter running on id Tech 4, in which oppressive soldiers and anarchistic terrorists battle for the few remaining resources on a failed paradise known as the Ark.

So, do You think Jeff Should also Review the PC Version?

• 67 results
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @N7: The game is a PC centric title. That's like saying that because the 360 version of TF2 was a SHIT version from the very start, that no one should have cared about the WILDLY superior (even without a single update) PC version. Brink feels and plays MUCH better in an environment were teamplay and communication are not only common, but practically required by social conventions. On top of that, the game (As just about any game I've played with acrobatic movement combines with gunplay) feels MUCH better on a mouse and keyboard. It's not a fantastic game, but the Multiplayer is really enjoyable, and I think that the review was good for the 360 version, but I really hate that they reviewed it before people were playing it. It didn't sound like he got a lot of good multiplayer time in, and the game is pretty much a multiplayer only game with a bot mode.

The Bots are awful, making the campaign awful, especially as it is just the same maps as MP, the map selection is a little slim but open to expansion, but the gameplay is pretty solid. Jeff isn't the kind of person who would enjoy such a PC style MP shooter. If you're into games like TF2 that play nothing like CoD or Halo, then you should check Brink out.

That said, no, it should not be reviewed again, and sure as hell won't be. The review is done. I think they should make it very clear that that is based on the console game and that the game is FAR better suited to a PC environment, both from a hardware point of view and a community point of view.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Afroman269

People are still clinging onto this issue? 

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By s7evn

His issues weren't soley based on the console. The gunplay, bots, and lack of a single player game is what threw him off. I think it would have scored much higher if the game had been a cheaper title, but alas it's a full retail game.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By CaptainCody
    @Oginam said:
    " @RiotBananas: I wasn't comparing the quality of the two games, just that the Quick Look (and in Brink's case, the reviews as well) aren't the best reflection of the game's strengths. In Brink's case, Jeff's dislike of the worst parts of the game is understandable but there is a fairly lacking commentary from him or other reviewers on the game's few good points - due in large part to the lack of a community for playing multiplayer during the review cycle/time frame. I guess that is me defending the game...but I see it more as me not agreeing with the way people are calling it shit without having played it.I guess I'm saying the "Brink is shit" talk is somewhat equivalent (or at least reminiscent for me) to the "Demon's Souls is too hard and thus shit" talk in terms of how quickly a game can acquire a reputation based on a few opinions that are then repeated by people who have not and will never play the game regardless. "

Stop fucking deluding yourself because you feel the necessity to defend a less than great game you purchased, we've all been there. Also, please stop comparing this game to Demon Souls, taking people saying the game is too hard, thus bad to heart is the equivalent to listening to anything 360 Republic yells out. Lastly, the games strengths? You shoot dudes in the face, WOOOOAH. When the game isn't suffering from connection issues you have the joy of doing shitty team objectives where everyone goes to that specified class due to there being no weapon restrictions on any of them.
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jams
    @CaptainCody said:
    " @Oginam said:
    " @RiotBananas: I wasn't comparing the quality of the two games, just that the Quick Look (and in Brink's case, the reviews as well) aren't the best reflection of the game's strengths. In Brink's case, Jeff's dislike of the worst parts of the game is understandable but there is a fairly lacking commentary from him or other reviewers on the game's few good points - due in large part to the lack of a community for playing multiplayer during the review cycle/time frame. I guess that is me defending the game...but I see it more as me not agreeing with the way people are calling it shit without having played it.I guess I'm saying the "Brink is shit" talk is somewhat equivalent (or at least reminiscent for me) to the "Demon's Souls is too hard and thus shit" talk in terms of how quickly a game can acquire a reputation based on a few opinions that are then repeated by people who have not and will never play the game regardless. "
    Stop fucking deluding yourself because you feel the necessity to defend a less than great game you purchased, we've all been there. Also, please stop comparing this game to Demon Souls, taking people saying the game is too hard, thus bad to heart is the equivalent to listening to anything 360 Republic yells out. Lastly, the games strengths? You shoot dudes in the face, WOOOOAH. When the game isn't suffering from connection issues you have the joy of doing shitty team objectives where everyone goes to that specified class due to there being no weapon restrictions on any of them. "
    Wow you really showed him a thing or two about being mature and not deluding himself. Look at you posting attacks at people who like a game. IT'S A FUCKING GAME SO WHAT IF HE LIKES PLAYING IT. You don't need to come on these forums and troll like a little bitch about a game you don't even play.
    phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By phish09

Nah...he should review the PS3 version though. 

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By animateria

Either way his opinion is colored by the console version.

And who cares. Jeff ain't the end all be all reviewer anyways.
    wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By wafflez

what is with everyone defending this game?  Who cares?

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By l4wd0g
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " Jeff doesn't know how to use WASD "
    The Steam version kind of feels like it was meant for a 360 controller.
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By cornbredx

The game's ultimate down fall is it is boring. K. That won't change by platform.

Move on.
    =)

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By Kyreo
    @Daveyo520 said:
    " Move on people. "
    There's nothing to see here.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @l4wd0g said: 

@Ahmad_Metallic said: 

" Jeff doesn't know how to use WASD "
    The Steam version kind of feels like it was meant for a 360 controller. "
    an FPS? on the PC? with a controller?
    what is this blasphemy 

@Kyreo said:

" @Daveyo520 said:

" Move on people. "

There's nothing to see here. "
    CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CaptainCody
    @jams said:
    @CaptainCody said:
    " @Oginam said:
    Stop fucking deluding yourself because you feel the necessity to defend a less than great game you purchased, we've all been there. Also, please stop comparing this game to Demon Souls, taking people saying the game is too hard, thus bad to heart is the equivalent to listening to anything 360 Republic yells out. Lastly, the games strengths? You shoot dudes in the face, WOOOOAH. When the game isn't suffering from connection issues you have the joy of doing shitty team objectives where everyone goes to that specified class due to there being no weapon restrictions on any of them. "
    Wow you really showed him a thing or two about being mature and not deluding himself. Look at you posting attacks at people who like a game. IT'S A FUCKING GAME SO WHAT IF HE LIKES PLAYING IT. You don't need to come on these forums and troll like a little bitch about a game you don't even play.

I never implied anything about maturity, nor am I trolling, but cool story, bro. Second, if he like the game so much he should go an play it rather than tell people they're wrong for not.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By napalm
    @N7 said:
    No. Because when you get down to it: Who really cares anymore? Brink isn't worth it. The entire internet agrees.If you like it, good. But move on with your life already.
    Fuck off with this trolling bullshit.
    Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Cold_Wolven

No let's move on, the sooner Brink is put to back of everyone's mind the better.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By StrikeALight

I think Jeff's played enough Brink.

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By VirtuaXav

I don't think it matters. Jeff doesn't like Brink. Other people like it.

Just because lots of vocal people don't agree with Jeff, doesn't mean he should review the PC version in hope of shedding some positive light on the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.