Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Bug prevents progress?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

Act 3 Chapter 2: A dam fine mess 

At the dam I'm attacked by a flying vehicle and several enemies. Eventually, the bridge breaks and Ishi says "what's the plan?". I cannot see any option to interact with the environment. The bridge I'm on eventually breaks off and falls down the dam, and through the level's geometry. It doesn't kill me, either. Anyone make it through this segment? 

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mfpantst

Try it again.  The bridge becomes a barge.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By papuccino1

And they said I was overreacting when I said the game was riddled with bugs.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By suikoden352

i made it through fine. it's only the first couple days this game has been out though. i'm sure they are prolly working hard on fixes for all the bugs and glitches so i'll give the people can fly team some breathing room. it is disheartening to see all the forum posts about all the bugs and stuff in this game as this game is a whole lot of fun.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @suikoden352: It is almost depressing how these sorts of bugs are acceptable now. :P
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Azteck

This, however, I agree would be a gamebreaking bug. Not the other one that was posted earlier.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mfpantst
    @Azteck said:
    " This, however, I agree would be a gamebreaking bug. Not the other one that was posted earlier. "
    Agreed.  It didn't happen to me, and not understanding how bugs work like that, i have no clue if he's the only person whose raft fell through the geometry or not.  mine didn't.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

There was a weird spot I had in Act 1, when Ishi was supposed to hit the controls on the open elevator, that scene didn't activate, so I had to walk back up and come back down for it to go. A freak then came out and I popped him and I continued. 

If it's possible, try that to see if you can "reset" the scene, so to speak.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

I have restet the game multiple times now. If a walkthrough exists, someone link it so i can make sure I'm not an idiot and in a location I shouldn't even be in. 

Avatar image for sharpshotapollo
    SharpShotApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SharpShotApollo

My friend and fellow user @Trucker_Sean has been experiencing an issue with Ishi floating and not being able to advance. I believe there was a bridge involved, not sure of all the complete details. Seems similar though. I haven't reached the area in question myself, will post here if I have an issue when I get there or if, perhaps, I make it through.

DarkTravesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DarkTravesty

i'm on act 5 ch. 1 and haven't experienced any problems with the game.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Hmm I'm actually at that spot right now on PC. I'll check it out and see if it's all messed up there. So far I haven't actually run into any bugs yet (none that I noticed anyway) and I'm hoping I can get through without any of this crazy broken stuff going on.

Trucker_Sean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Trucker_Sean

I had a problem at the end of 2-1. When the chick blows up the bridge, stupid Ishi ran up an invisible platform and just stood there in the air. I couldnt progress because he needed to shoot the giant ball before I could leash it and make it drop, but since he was stuck in the air, I was screwed. I tried restarting checkpoint several times and even turned off my 360 and tried continuing but he did the same thing every time. Eventually I started the entire chapter over and was able to get through it, but having to replay through 40 minutes of the game and losing all my points/upgrades was pretty annoying. 

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @EpicSteve: 

Maybe you got it already, but for those that could be stuck in the same spot, (with the giant grindy wheels and the bridge blowing up) at that part, your dudes jump off the bridge at an opening to your right. There is an action button prompt, but it is really easy to miss especially since you'll probably be trying to move forward. Hit that and you should trigger the next scene. 

Playing this game, I actually noticed that  I only get stuck is when I just simply can't find the prompt to begin the next scene, like something to leash or to climb or something like that because the environment can be a little cluttered (not such a bad thing) at times.

Still having fun with the game though. I like  how the enemies do have resistances to your different stunning techniques. I'm having way too much fun sliding into dudes. Also the sniper rifle is fucking infuriating. It's like all the badguys are in the goddamn matrix.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mfpantst
    @wolf_blitzer85: Oh yeah- you do have to follow the chick's lead and jump off.  Good call.
    BroadwayKab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BroadwayKab

I was stuck at this part as well. You need to make sure Trishka is with you when you get the to metal walkway that collapses. If you make it there without her somehow, she will not trigger the prompt to jump off. Restarting the checkpoint doesn't work, you have to restart the chapter, which will begin with the ambush as you track her signal.

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MisterChief

I had the game break there too. Both my AI team mates had disappeared so the scripting didn't trigger and I just fell through the geometry. Reset the chapter and make sure they are both with you at the end.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EpicSteve
    @BroadwayKab said:
    " I was stuck at this part as well. You need to make sure Trishka is with you when you get the to metal walkway that collapses. If you make it there without her somehow, she will not trigger the prompt to jump off. Restarting the checkpoint doesn't work, you have to restart the chapter, which will begin with the ambush as you track her signal. "
    Yeah, she totally isn't with me. 
    BroadwayKab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BroadwayKab
    @EpicSteve:  Like I said, it's all about keeping Trishka with you. I'm not sure where I lost her. Maybe you can trigger the elevator without her coming with you? Either way, just make sure that after every wave of enemies between her "rescue" and the end of the level, look back and make sure she's still with you. Might have to re-do a bit of gameplay, but it's not permanently gamebreaking.
    Mumrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mumrik

Yep, I lost Trishka too. I guess chicks get lost in elevators?

Lots of embarrassing bugs in this game. Calling it a quick and dirty PC port would be an understatement. Until this I just shook my head when the graphics fucked up or similar stuff happened, but I've now fallen through the geometry 3-4 different ways in this section. I'm not sure I even want to replay the chapter (to get her back) if the rest is going to be this bad.

Mumrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mumrik

Done... Pretty short game I guess. 5-5½ hours...

I actually started appreciating the humor towards the end. The general pointing out a few absurdities made me smile.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Ha, I had this bug too and I know what broke it for me.  You remember how you fought across that long courtyard and then when you went down the ramp, there was a barrier and a depot thing after that?  If you don't allow both AI to go over the barrier BEFORE you activate the depot, they will freeze in place and you will have to restart the checkpoint.     
    Mumrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mumrik

When I did it the second time the chick went over the barrier, and then when I went over it she came storming back and jumped back over it again - as if she wanted out of the game. I had to wait for her to jump it again... silly stuff and not very hard to see where it must have gone wrong the first time.

Blur_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blur_Fan

Yeah, just like in the Gears series, I've had the companion AI just stop, thus breaking the game.  I've had this happen twice and had to restart the entire chapter.  Sadly, that's the only way around it.  Just keep an eye on your people, if they aren't by your side at all times, restart at the previous checkpoint to fix it.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By cornbredx

I have not had any problems with it. I just got past this part last night, that parts awesome!

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By louiedog

I've run into three bugs so far, 2 minor one moderate. One was an enemy getting stuck in the geometry after I did some painful looking stuff to him. I was still able to kill him without any problems. Another was me getting stuck in a barrier that I needed to jump over. I finally got free by using an explosive to blow myself back. The worst was a certain character having trouble staying with me. In a later chapter this character is needed to open doors. Once he stopped walking and wouldn't catch up, so I couldn't proceed. I reloaded the checkpoint and he got stuck again, but earlier in the level, and he eventually respawned by me after I got too far ahead, which let me proceed. 

That's not too bad. Of course i just finished up Fable 3, so I know it could have been much, much worse.

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By CraigAA1028

I've run into a bug every once and awhile.  Mainly getting stuck in the environment after sliding. But all it would take is another slide and I'd be unstuck

zingooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zingooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZwVHXJFAVc

Zicdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Zicdab

Yeah I'm going to revive this thread because I have a run into a major problem in the game where I can't proceed any further.  Every time I beat Act 5: Chapter 2 it goes to the loading screen for Chapter 3.  The icon in the lower right corner is still rotating and the tips still pop up at the bottom of the screen.  However, it never stops loading.  It doesn't technically freeze but just keeps loading, even after 20 minutes.  I've tried replaying the act and chapter separately and deleting the game data for patch 1.01.  Nothing works.  I have a feeling my save data is somehow corrupted which would be a huge bummer because I really don't feel like going back and getting the skill shots all over again but that is integral to the experience.  Also, I fear that even if I restart the campaign completely I'll still get the same problem and will have wasted my time.  Any suggestions?  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.