Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bully

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 17, 2006

Rockstar swaps gangsters for delinquents in their open-world formula, giving players control of a new student at a rough-and-tumble private school.

Bully (Which Version?)

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey All, I've been wanting to play Bully for awhile now and was delighted to see that I owned it on Steam. Unfortunately, it seems like any time I get into a fight the game crashes. I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not the 360 version would be the way to go or to sacrifice the extra content and just try and play it on PS3 or PS2?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

the 360 version is good, though I remember that having its share of technical issues as well. i most recently played through that version and it was totally fine.

it's also a ps2 on ps4 game now, so if you have a ps4 game maybe that'd be the way to go?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I played the 360 "scholarship edition" and didn't have any problems.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I was just about to start this tonight, haha. How is the PC version as that was what I was going to play?

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nightriff: It's been quite a while since I played but I remember the PC version running ok. It's not a great port - locked at 30 by default but that can be modded - but it ran stable for me.

PC Gaming Wiki

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone, just so I don't have to create a new thread, I thought I'd bring this back up. I am wondering now that the Scholarship Ed. is out on backwards compatible through Xbox One, should I get that version of the game, or should I get the original PS2 version on the PS2 on PS4? I almost got it on the PS4 the other day, totally forgetting that it came out on the One. My brother rented the game when it came out on the Xbox, but I had little interest in it at the time so I didn't play it. I'd like to experience it now since I have nothing else to really play.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ntm: Scholarship Edition runs better on Xbox One than it did on 360 from my experience. It's still a pretty rough port overall, but I'm sure it would be better than the PS2 version which also ran poorly.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I got the Scholarship Edition last night pretty much right after I asked. Honestly, I don't care for the little I've played of it beyond just the issues. The visuals aren't great, but that's kind of expected and not really detrimental. Something of an issue is that when I just press forward, the character sometimes diverts to a hard right for some reason. I can't yet tell if it's a glitch, or he's automatically targeting another student to fight, but it doesn't feel good at all. The atmosphere isn't as good as I had hoped, and not much reason to me to just explore it. It feels like I game that I'll run through to the end and look back on it with little fondness, just 'meh' if you will. I finished up The Warriors after about a month hiatus to play other games, another Rockstar game, and I really enjoyed it.

That was another game my brother and I had rented back when it came out but never finished. The point about The Warriors I wanted to make is that I really liked that game's soundtrack, and to me, Bully doesn't quite stack up contrary to what many have said about it. I enjoy some of the school parts, even though I failed two of them and that frustrated me. The actual part about other cliques just coming after you as you roam is annoying to me. That all said I was pretty freaking tired when I played it. Gary, the bully antagonist is a prick, so they do good on that, but it brings me to how so far, I am not really caring for any of the characters. I'll still finish it, and it's early goings so far, but not a good first impression.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I picked up the PC version in a Steam Sale a few years ago and it ran (and still runs) like garbage on my decent PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.