Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

Legendary Cars

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

Edited By jaycrockett

I downloaded the new Burnout cars late last night.  Actually I had to download the Burnout Patch to even see them in the store to buy.  Patch - 800mb.  Cars - 100k.  Hmm.   I'm guessing the cars were in the patch and you just unlock them.  Does that mean you can take these cars online?

So to the cars themselves - They are pretty rad, especially the hover mode and flaming tracks of the Jensen 88.  I really liked the handling of the Nighthawk, and the cool sounds and lights it made while boosting.  The Manhatten spirit was sort of neat, but the sirens didn't seem to do anything.  I didn't give put it through the real test for a aggression car, which is road rage.  The Bootlegger was ok but why would a car with a Mexican flag on the roof play 'Dixie' when you honk the horn?  I was sure it was going to play 'La Cucaracha' instead.

I'm reserving my judgment until I play some more, but I do have some gripes.  One of which is the car models aren't new, just modified versions of existing cars.  I'm also not sure if there are any mechanical differences with these cars.  The hover mode is cool, but does it allow you to, say, pull off some stunts you couldn't before?  Effect your jump distance?  With the Bootlegger it felt like I was getting an initial vertical lift when I hit the boost, and that my jumps where going farther, but that could have just been my imagination.

Like I said I'm reserving judgement, but I'm a little unsure if I'll be paying 2 to 4 dollars for more downloadable cars for Burnout.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jaycrockett

I downloaded the new Burnout cars late last night.  Actually I had to download the Burnout Patch to even see them in the store to buy.  Patch - 800mb.  Cars - 100k.  Hmm.   I'm guessing the cars were in the patch and you just unlock them.  Does that mean you can take these cars online?

So to the cars themselves - They are pretty rad, especially the hover mode and flaming tracks of the Jensen 88.  I really liked the handling of the Nighthawk, and the cool sounds and lights it made while boosting.  The Manhatten spirit was sort of neat, but the sirens didn't seem to do anything.  I didn't give put it through the real test for a aggression car, which is road rage.  The Bootlegger was ok but why would a car with a Mexican flag on the roof play 'Dixie' when you honk the horn?  I was sure it was going to play 'La Cucaracha' instead.

I'm reserving my judgment until I play some more, but I do have some gripes.  One of which is the car models aren't new, just modified versions of existing cars.  I'm also not sure if there are any mechanical differences with these cars.  The hover mode is cool, but does it allow you to, say, pull off some stunts you couldn't before?  Effect your jump distance?  With the Bootlegger it felt like I was getting an initial vertical lift when I hit the boost, and that my jumps where going farther, but that could have just been my imagination.

Like I said I'm reserving judgement, but I'm a little unsure if I'll be paying 2 to 4 dollars for more downloadable cars for Burnout.

zerok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By zerok

I'm also still not quite sure if they are worth the money and I can't honestly hear the whole "see it as a thank-you to Criterion for all their free content" reasoning anymore. I bought the game now two times (originally for the Xbox360 right when it came out and now also the Ultimate Box for the PS3) so I already thanked them quite a lot IMO ;-) Still .... the Jensen 88 just looks sexy ;-)

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kilzombie

I think the cars are way overpriced. Especially if they're just re-skins of old cars, with a couple of flashy effects added. I wouldn't buy the legendary cars right now, but I would gladly buy Big Surf Island, now that would be awesome DLC...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.