Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

Next Burnout a guaranteed buy?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By AndrewB

Do you foresee yourself getting the next Burnout game? Is it already a sure thing?

Personally, nothing with me is guaranteed, but I've been in love with the series since I bought the first 360 game, despite my hate for most "racing games," and have been especially impressed with how much I've been enjoying the open-world Paradise. So I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to pony up more cash for an all new game without knowing a thing about it, so long as it sticks with the basics of what the Burnout series has been all along.

A few of the big things I've been missing from Paradise are the aftertouch takedowns and explosions, and the crash mode. Basically, combine Revenge with Paradise, and you have a perfect game.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KillaMaStA

No, I liked paradise but i dont know if Its guaranteed buy.
    I will see if its good

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Matt_

I really couldn't get into Paradise. It fell into one of the category of boring-open-world-games for me. I'm not sure exactly why but Crackdown is also on this list. I don't like wasting 10 minutes to find a mission. Give me a menu where I can easily get into the action, get out, and save my game. So if it's open world then no.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I've been a fan since Revenge so I'm going to buy all the future Burnout games, even if it has Need For Speed plastered on it.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By trace

Absolutely. I've been playing Burnout since Burnout 1 came out, and besides Revenge, which I feel was a step back from Takedown, I've enjoyed each game in the series quite a bit.

If Criterion ends up making another open-world Burnout, hopefully they'll enhance the interface so that players can actually jump into matches featuring exactly what they're looking for (random or specific events, freeburn challenges, races, etc.). Adding and tweaking a few game types and generally doing what they can to cut down on the lulls a lot of freeburn games suffer from would help, too.

rerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By rerty

Does anyone else HATE Paradise.... the game mechanics are great but i can not stand the open world. I find myself looking at the mini map more than I am looking at the actual race which really detracts from the experience for me.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By KingBroly

Probably is.  I've never played another Burnout before, but I love Paradise.  Hopefully it's not too different.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It depends who is developing it. With Criterion developing a new need for speed, they may not have time to develop a new burnout game, so another studio may develop a new burnout. Who knows what they'll do with the series.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By REDRUN

yes, being a burnout fan since the original burnout and burnout 2. Burnout 3 blew my mind then as much as Paradise did almost a year and a half ago. Today, Paradise is still my favorite intense high-speed battle racing game. A sequel to Paradise or a full blown traditional sequel will have my support for a team that gave back and continue to support there game as much as Valve does with their games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.