Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

This game shouldn't have a day/night cycle

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Surkov

Anytime it's nighttime in Paradise City, I don't want to race or really do anything. A day/night cycle only works if you have good lighting(Burnout really doesn't except for the morning sunrise) or if everything in your city isn't a shade of blue/gray or brown(barring the signs/construction gate, everything in Paradise City is one of those colors).  

I like this game a lot but I hope the next Burnout returns to linear tracks and optional day/night cycles.  

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer
    @Surkov said:
    I like this game a lot but I hope the next Burnout returns to linear tracks and optional day/night cycles.  
    The day-night cycle is optional in Paradise.
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By hockeymask27
    @ShaggyChu said:

@Surkov said:

The day-night cycle is optional in Paradise.
    Yep you can change it to day whenever you want in the options.
    Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Surkov
    @Hockeymask27:  

Hmm, I'll check it out again. I thought the only options were 24min/48min/Realtime or Local Time. 
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By elko84
    @Surkov: fail
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nintendoeats

Aside from the fact that the cycle is optional, the game actually didn't ship with one. That was introduced in a patch.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By hockeymask27
    @Surkov:It was dlc so worse comes to worse delete it I guess? Anyway its been 2 years since I've played so I could be totally wrong.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By falconer
    @Hockeymask27 said:
    @Surkov:It was dlc so worse comes to worse delete it I guess? Anyway its been 2 years since I've played so I could be totally wrong.
    You can't play online without the DLC, which is the entire point of the game.
    Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Surkov

Oh didn't see the constant time of day setting. Thanks guys. 

In my defense the game should never of had this option to begin with, lol.    

@elko84

Thanks for that. I love stereotypical forum responses and I was hoping to get one from someone with a generic username as well. You made my day. 

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By hexogen
    @Surkov said:
    Oh didn't see the constant time of day setting. Thanks guys. 

In my defense the game should never of had this option to begin with, lol.    
    Yeah, I agree. The Burnout Bikes pack was a cool experiment, but I don't think it really added much to the game. Bikes just aren't my thing, and while the day/night cycle adds visual variety, there really wasn't much to do at night.

Also, as far as I know, when playing online the cycle is locked to whatever the host has chosen. So hopefully the lighting doesn't bother you too much.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By N7

The Montgomery Hyperion will be forever remembered. <3

My favorite car in one of my favorite games ever. Burnout Paradise will definitely go down as one of the best of our generation. Especially due to Criterion Games' dedication to the game after all the free updates and support they've given us.

We need Burnout Paradise 2, not them working on some stupid Need For Speed game. >:(

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By elko84
    @Surkov: i know my username is so generic i bet there are 3000 people here alone that have it.  but its ok, i was hoping to get a reply from someone who complains about something that can be corrected in the first place.  you made my day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.