Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 06, 2015

Set 40 years after the events of Black Ops II, the twelfth installment of the Call of Duty series brings advanced robotics and biotic augmentations to the clandestine operations of the Black Ops storyline.

Black Ops 3 split screen is broken, though beatable.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty sure it's the game, no positive, though for story purposes, it'd make a lot of sense that it breaks down. I'm having fun with it, but right now, not to go into major details, we're in a part where it's a woman's imagination basically, and what happened in this specific moment was all of a sudden an error came up saying there was an issue with the UI, and it immediately froze my screen as I was shooting enemies. My brother, on the bottom screen could still move, but after a few seconds, he started burning and then died. This kept happening. Furthermore, just prior in the same stage, he activated a power as he was running, and his screen turned all white, though he could still shoot even when he was dead and had the marker over him for me to heal (though he was nowhere on the map to be found, it was just in some random, far off place that I couldn't reach). I was fine, and kept running; I went into the next cutscene and my screen turned all white as well, so we again, had to start the game all over just as we are right now. Much earlier than those, twice it happened, the game froze, so we had to quit, but the game has also locked up, but within a few seconds continued.

I think at times, the game has too much stuff going on that it can't handle splitscreen, and I hope this is fixed. If you're someone that can't take low, or choppy frame rates, splitscreen in this game is not for you, because it is rarely ever hitting 60fps, and is just jittering all around from frame to frame. Another thing, that isn't a graphical issue, but the text is super small, even as we sit five or less feet away from the 40in screen we play on. The game is certainly beatable on splitscreen, but there are a lot of issues on it unfortunately. All the issues aside, I have to say the game is actually really good! I won't go into details about what I like since I'm currently playing, and that's not what I wanted to bring up as a topic, but yeah, issues aside from the broken feeling of it, it's good, and I can't wait to play realistic solo, or just solo at all, where the frame rate is steady; visuals are just better with little to no issue, and the potential of being more immersed.

I was going to have the title of this be different since I felt the brokenness in these two instances were fitting for what was happening in the game. Some other things that happened in the broken moments was, on the options menu, you couldn't even press start to get back into the game, and my gamertag wasn't my own, but was another named wolf something the first time, with the second time it broke on us, the letters for the button prompts said incorrect things. It's weird, though fitting to me, but not good. As I type this, my brother tried getting us back in, but it said the servers are unavailable, as well as the server lobby being full as he tried to sign in after me, then it just froze... So now, we have the game back in, and we'll try to play again. That's all unfortunate, but I'm interested in what's going on in the game, so we'll keep trying to get through it. I want to finish it tonight.

My brother wanted the game on the Xbox One because he has more friends that are playing the game there, and that's the only current-gen console my other brother has, so that's what we got it on, otherwise we would have gotten it on PS4 most likely, though I don't know if that really has much to do with the issues.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Beat the stage with no issue. Three stages away from beating the game. Once you complete a mission, and the screen turns black, or are about to start a mission and it's black, you can see your gamertag as if your partner was running around, also with the vertical black bars on both the left and right of the screen, you see the stage loading in sometimes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.