Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 06, 2015

Set 40 years after the events of Black Ops II, the twelfth installment of the Call of Duty series brings advanced robotics and biotic augmentations to the clandestine operations of the Black Ops storyline.

Jeff Goldblum is in Black Ops 3's zombies mode

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By emfromthesea

As well as Ron Perlman, Robert Picardo, Neal McDonough and Heather Graham. These things just keep getting weirder.

Anyone excited to try this? I was a fan of the older zombies modes but I kinda fell off the bandwagon around the original Black Ops. The setting for this one does peak my interest, though.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ottoman673

This shit is weird, and also not fun to play anymore.

If you want some solid Jeff Goldblum in your life, may i point you this way: https://youtu.be/zmq_sYXu64w

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

"Must shoot faster."

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Looks neat.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By notnert427

What in the fuck was that? Dumb doesn't even begin to describe it.

"Hey guys, what should we do with the zombie mode this time?"
    (looks at scattered pile of video games)
    "Uh, Bioshock?"
    "Great idea! I'll see what random actors we can get!"

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Before they even knew what they had....they...uh....patented it, they packaged it and now they just want to sell it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Hey guys, what should we do with the zombie mode this time?"

(looks at scattered pile of video games)

"Uh, Bioshock?"

"Great idea! I'll see what random actors we can get!"

40's = Bioshock

I'm glad they're at least going for a theme this time around with zombies.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@notnert427 said:

"Hey guys, what should we do it the zombie mode this time?"(looks at scattered pile of video games)

"Uh, Bioshock?"

"Great idea!"

I get the similarity, but Bioshock doesn't own the 1940s time period when it comes to video games.

Does look nice, though. I never cared for the zombie mode in past games, but I'll certainly give this a try if I do end up getting Black Ops 3.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Apparently this is also a thing, per game informer. Looks like they're cranking the batshit knob to 11.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emfromthesea

@notnert427

But will it hold my Destiny Red Bull cans?

(I actually kind of want it)

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GunstarRed

This stuff is always very cool. I don't really want to play it as I've never really liked Zombies mode. It does look super nice and seems like a cool thing to let the artists on the game come up with a bunch of really weird shit.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a big fan of figuring out and unlocking the easter egg achievements in Black Ops 2's zombies mode with a group of friends. It added a fun, hidden narrative behind the basic survival gameplay.

I won't be able to get the gang back together to play zombies like we used to but I'm pretty excited for Black Ops 3.

Even for my friends who were huge Call of Duty players, they're starting to get tired of it at this point. For Advanced Warfare it had dwindled to just me and two other friends. For them, Advanced Warfare was the final nail in the coffin. They weren't fans of how the movement was changed and just wanted it to go back to how it was before and now that Black Ops 3 is going in a similar - although different - direction, they aren't interested.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Whatever, looks like they made the mode interesting.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I have loved Treyarch's zombie modes in the past but haven't really been into them since Black Ops 1. Hoping this will drag me back in cause I do love me some Jeff Goldblum and Ron Perlman.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

That's kind of funny at least. I have no desire to play it, like any of the previous zombie modes, but that's almost like Jeff Goldblum doing Borat. Also, I'm not sure I saw Robert Picardo, nor was it easy to tell who Neal McDonough played.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like dumb stuff, but this looks like a completely different game. Not sure how I feel about it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BAD... TALKING ZOMBIE.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By mikemcn

It should be it's own game, this is absurd. Rather than make a new and interesting call of duty game with some mechanics that are unique, they're tacking on a zombies mode with a billion bells and whistles the people who liked their original games didn't ask for.

Obviously they're incapable of truly reinventing COD so this is what they're stuck with.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn: you don't appreciate that this is additional content in the blops3 package? Don't have to play it if you don't want to. Or do you prefer it be like a $30 standalone so you don't have to get blops? Considering it's activision it's unlikely.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this should be just grand lol

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even for my friends who were huge Call of Duty players, they're starting to get tired of it at this point. For Advanced Warfare it had dwindled to just me and two other friends. For them, Advanced Warfare was the final nail in the coffin. They weren't fans of how the movement was changed and just wanted it to go back to how it was before and now that Black Ops 3 is going in a similar - although different - direction, they aren't interested.

Your friends are right. CoD has gotten ridiculous. It's abundantly clear they're now catering almost exclusively to the puberty market with over-the-top "wacky" shit, weed weapon skins, superhero movement, etc. They've lost me completely.

Activision, call me when you get back to the basics. I miss the Modern Warfare games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Uh, now eventually you do plan to have zombies on your, on your zombie tour, right? Hello?

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best Zombies thing in CoD was the top down shooter hidden in Black Ops called "Dead Ops" everything else literally sucks, I love Goldbloom and it looks nice but these modes have always been a frustrating mess. I have no reason to believe this one will change that since they seem to cater only to the hardcore zombie mode crowd which is fine if they made it into something I would actually want to play they would lose the "charm" of the mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Those Jeff Goldblum lines killed me... thats worth the price of admission alone. .

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By mikemcn

@ripelivejam said:

@mikemcn: you don't appreciate that this is additional content in the blops3 package? Don't have to play it if you don't want to. Or do you prefer it be like a $30 standalone so you don't have to get blops? Considering it's activision it's unlikely.

This zombies stuff has gone through a zillion permutations, their main campaign and multiplayer has not changed at all. If the players want a zombies game, make a zombies game. I would rather the zombies stuff be standalone so I don't have to pay for the zombie mode I don't really want. It would be better for people who like zombies too, they could give it more attention as a separate product. If they really can't think up new stuff for the main campaign and multiplayer and no one wants it, just kill it. They're trying to appeal to zombies players and COD players and half-assing both. Maybe COD zombies could be the new yearly franchise activision can drive into the ground?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn: sounds like your issue is more with the quality of the franchise than paying for a mode you don't want. It's not a guarantee that breaking them out will result in improved quality for both games, and it's more than likely still going to be $60 for each even if they did.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This really doesn't tell me anything. The only thing i got from it are the new additions like the mutation.

Still, i never disliked any of trayarch's offerings (since BO) and i'm really excited to see how the game will play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.