Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Black Ops: gun statistics

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Tennmuerti

For my fellow gantbombers convenience here are the gun charts made from the game files.
    Latest version with explanations:
    http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/
    Dude does these for most of the big multi player FPS games that come out, big props to him.

my own HIGHLIGHTS:

AK74u does not appear to be overpowered at all (taking into consideration damage and rounds per minute), contrary to popular belief.
    It has a tiny bit less centre speed of 1600 compared to MP5's 1700 (this is AK74u's downside) but faster reload and a few more more customising options.

Assault rifles can be basically divided into ones that do 40-30 dmg with 750 rpm, ones that do 35-25 dmg with 937.5 rpm; and the ones that do single shots and three shot bursts.
    FAMAS slightly edges out its equivalent full auto assault rifles by having a slightly higher center speed.

Sniper rifles will NEVER one shot kill with a silencer even with a headshot.
    L96A1 is the only bolt action sniper rifle but it has the advantage of being able to one shot even to lower torso unlike other rifles (without silencer of course)

Python can 2 shot a dude at under 10m ; 3 shots at under 25 meters
    Silencers on all weapons (except snipers) do not decrease damage they just make their bullet damage drop at a shorter range then standard, so at long range it will not matter to bullet damage if you are using a silencer or not. (green line is silencer modifier)
    Tactical Mask Pro perk is actually really good, making you only suffer 10% of duration of flash bangs or stun grenades. (this is just the one pro perk I didn't have info on earlier)

Current lists below (health is 100):

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    OverLord00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OverLord00

Holy cow, this is kinda awesome!

shamroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By shamroll

This is an amazing.  Thanks a lot for posting it.  Time to get my reading on.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By meptron

neat stuff. seems like a lot of the assault rifles are actually more or less the same...

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jmrwacko

Tactical Mask pro is so OP. If I could unlock this early into my prestige I'd dominate sooo much more than I do, because I almost always get killed b/c of tactical nades. Unfortunately, it's sort of lengthy to unlock, and by the time I do unlock it I'm already lvl 50 :(

tapsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tapsoda

Thanks for posting.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By CptChiken

Wow, that stuff about the L96A1 having more of a multiplyer on more body parts than anyother sniper rifle is interesting.

traynrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By traynrek

@Tennmuerti: Great collection of data, thanks for posting.  It's nice to see the actual multipliers of all the regular and pro perks.

invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By invadernick

wait if the silencers only affect short range damage how com snipers can't 1 shot a dude with a silencer?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @invadernick said:
    " wait if the silencers only affect short range damage how com snipers can't 1 shot a dude with a silencer? "
    Like I said in the post silencers affect sniper rifles differently.
    Sniper bullet damage does not drop over distance, so silencers just make it lower for them overall
    See damage charts.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iam3green

interesting read man. a lot of data that this person got from it.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By meteora

I love the charts that Denkirson pulls out. It was his charts that made me love certain guns, like the G36c despite everyone not ever using it in COD4.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MaddProdigy

This is pretty impressive damn. Thanks for posting!

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arker101

These stats are great! Thanks. 
    They're sure more accurate then the ones in game.

smashforge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By smashforge

thank you Tennmuerti

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bass

Saying things like "FAMAS slightly edges out its equivalent full auto assault rifles by having a slightly higher center speed. " is sort of ignorant. 
    The AUG and FAMAS have different recoil patterns, which means that you may be more comfortable with one over the other. For most people, the recoil numbers will be more important than the center speeds. 
    The AK-74u, for instance, has a slower center speed than the mp5k, but it's recoil will, on average, travel upwards only. The mp5k has rightward recoil along with the upward recoil, making it harder to manage for most people. 
    Also, the shotgun charts have been updated since this image was made. The stakeout does 40 damage/pellet, not 30 (making it completely superior to the olympia).

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By infininja
    @Bass said:

" Saying things like "FAMAS slightly edges out its equivalent full auto assault rifles by having a slightly higher center speed. " is sort of ignorant.  The AUG and FAMAS have different recoil patterns, which means that you may be more comfortable with one over the other. For most people, the recoil numbers will be more important than the center speeds.  The AK-74u, for instance, has a slower center speed than the mp5k, but it's recoil will, on average, travel upwards only. The mp5k has rightward recoil along with the upward recoil, making it harder to manage for most people.  Also, the shotgun charts have been updated since this image was made. The stakeout does 40 damage/pellet, not 30 (making it completely superior to the olympia). "

The olympia still has the advantage in recoil, fire rate, and raise/drop times.  
    Actually the recoil might be a wash due to the stakeout's center speed.

I too recommend going to the website itself for the latest updates.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

One of the very few things I don't like about Black Ops would have to be the guns.  They're just all FAR too similar.  The guns in MW2 had far more variety, and they were all worth using for different play styles and situations.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Bass:@Infininja:
    This is exactly the reason I provided a direct link to most up to date information. 
    Updated my post with new charts as well.
    Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bass
    @Infininja: But the spread of the Stakeout, imo, makes it far superior to the olympia. Recoil really doesn't matter on the stakeout since you have to pump the shell anyways. The only advantage on the olympia i see is fire rate, but with the improvement in spread on the stakeout, if you aim correctly, you'll be much more consistent with a 1 shot anyways.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By infininja
    @Bass said:
    " @Infininja: But the spread of the Stakeout, imo, makes it far superior to the olympia. Recoil really doesn't matter on the stakeout since you have to pump the shell anyways. The only advantage on the olympia i see is fire rate, but with the improvement in spread on the stakeout, if you aim correctly, you'll be much more consistent with a 1 shot anyways. "
    My playstyle lends itself to the SPAS. All I'm saying is there is a relevant advantage to the olympia, should someone decide that advantages gels with their playstyle. ;)
    Myomoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Myomoto
    @SpaceInsomniac said:
    " One of the very few things I don't like about Black Ops would have to be the guns.  They're just all FAR too similar.  The guns in MW2 had far more variety, and they were all worth using for different play styles and situations. "
    Keep in mind, assault rifles not included, almost no two guns have access to the same attachments.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DystopiaX

I care less about actual statistics than the feel. I like the Galil over the Famas even though the famas appears to be better spread wise because it felt more powerful/accurate. I found it hard to draw longer shots with the famas for whatever reason, may be just me. the ak-47u is the shit though.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @DystopiaX: 
    Well the stats on most fully automatic assault rifles are extremely similar anyway, it really does come down more to personal taste.
    I actually prefer the Galil myself over other rifles, good iron sights too.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " @DystopiaX:  Well the stats on most fully automatic assault rifles are extremely similar anyway, it really does come down more to personal taste. I actually prefer the Galil myself over other rifles, good iron sights too. "
    Haven't hit it yet because im currently just renting the game but I like the commando in campaign and I see a lot of people using it so I may use it once I get there.
    Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ben99

Aug is the best assault rifle I ever used . It has less recoil than Famas especially with the silencer on . This gun is a beast . My K/D bounced up the time I started using that weapon .
    I knew about it after I picked it up off a dead player.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Vinny_Says

Hoping the next installment finally includes a carbine class and puts the AK74u and M4 in the right category....

rollix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rollix

Thanks for posting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.