Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Sniping

dropbearGSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dropbearGSH

...seems way harder in Black Ops than in previous COD's.  Granted I have not learned the maps well enough to know where the best spots to snipe are, but it seems like it is more difficult to get a one shot kill.  I have hit people in the upper chest area with the bolt action sniper rifle on a few separate occasions only to have them run off.   I am admittedly bad at sniping, but of my roughly 800 deaths so far, I have only been sniped 3 times.  Call me crazy, but I kind of miss getting shot in the face with a M40.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Three0neFive

use a real wepon u noob

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By bushpusherr

Try the variable zoom.  The shorter first level zoom of it makes sniping in smaller areas a lot easier.  For the most part I haven't had any issue with taking people down in one shot with the L96, save the second chance guys.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

it's easy.  a suppressor turns it into a 2 shot kill so don't use that.  the chest and upward is all one hit kill, and with the bolt action the waist area and upwards is all one hit. 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iam3green

i think it's great. i don't snipe but it got rid of people that quick scope. i think they made everything slower so the game ended up being more balanced.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.