Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

Awesome Things Call of Duty Taught Me.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

1. You can shoot a person directly in the head, and it won't kill them. (Try this at home kids, according to Call of Duty 4/5. It's true!)

2. A Sniper can put his crosshair three feet above your head at point blank range, and still hit you.

3. A person can survive a tank round exploding 3 feet away from them.

4. A person can shoot you in the toe three times, and kill you. (Which makes #1 on this list really odd. Headshots, not fatal. Toe shots, extremely fatal... I could go saw my foot off right now, and it wouldn't kill me right away...)

5. A person can charge through getting hit by 2-3 bullets, whip out his knife, and stab you. All within the span of 2 seconds...

6. If you want free, easy kills. Hip-fire with a high capacity gun is the way to go? Just run and spray, and you'll get dozens of kills!!

7. Grenades are used randomly. Just throw them any direction. Over a building. Just chuck them any which way, and hope you kill the enemy. Yes, yes. That's how grenades are used.

8. Call of Duty games are all about just shooting randomly, and hoping the game server counts your shot as a hit. Doesn't matter if you jump the corner on someone. Odds are, when it shows the killcam of the person killing you. Your gun won't even be firing, because the server decided that the other persons ping was better, and their bullets are more important.

9. Call of Duty is a glorified Hide'n'Seek game. The majority of your deaths will come from someone simply running up behind you, and shooting you in the back. There is no skill involved. It's all about hoping that you round a corner with someones back to you, and you can put a bullet in it.

10. Console FPS games are like a leap back into the stoneage  of gaming. Where it could take you 20 minutes just to find a game that doesn't end as soon as you go through the long loading screen.

Just wanted to list my joyace experiences with playing CoD on a console. I feel like i've went back in time. I never had any of these problems on PC FPS games... It amazes me that people will tolerate, and even accept these types of issues on a console FPS. I guess it's just because most gamers will gobble down whatever the developers regurgitate into their mouths. Which is probably the reason why most games suck, why the majority of them get bad scores, and why out of the hundreds of games that come out each year. Only a dozen are worth playing...

=/

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ParanoidFreak

All games have flaws (although some games more than others). I know I could come up with a list similar to this for a PC game too.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By MAST
    ParanoidFreak said:
    " All games have flaws (although some games more than others). I know I could come up with a list similar to this for a PC game too."

Yeah, i'm sure you could find a PC game out of the millions, and create a list like this. The problem with that is the fact that your selected PC game will probably be a crappy, low score, unpopular game. My beef about the Call of Duty games, is that people treat it like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Yet it has all of these issues.

I realize some of the issues are problems with all FPS games (Like #9. All FPS games are pretty much Hide'n'Seek, i shoot you in the back. Some more then others.) But Call of Duty has problems that the majority of other FPS games don't have. Especially PC FPS games... Not all of CoD's issues are bugs, some are just stupid gameplay decisions. Like being able to shoot someone in the foot 2-3 times, and it will kill them. There is no reason that had to be done. I've played FPS games where you could take away 90% of a persons health by shooting them in the foot, but you couldn't actually kill them. No matter how many times you shot them in the foot. You had to shoot them in the waist or above to finish them.

Most of what i listed above could easily be fixed, or circumvented with a little thought and effort. But the FPS market is so saturated and gross, no one even really cares anymore. It's all about putting out a flashy FPS game, with flashy multiplayer, and hope it catches the attention of the mainstream. God forbid someone actually makes an intuitive, practical, realistic, FPS game that breaks the mold, and gets FPS games out of this stagnant water. (Here's hoping for Killzone 2...)

I just can't believe that some of this stuff is acceptable to most people, and that the game is praised as much as it is. Boggles my mind...

(How bout #5 on my list? Make it so that every time you get hit by a bullet, it slows your movement speed down to a crawl. Boom, problem solved. No more sprinting through getting shot by 2-3 bullets, whipping out a knife, and being able to stab someone. As if bullets aren't even that much of an issues... So yeah, there are solutions to almost everything i listed above.)
    xp0svolc0mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By xp0svolc0mx

Numbers 1-4 are true for most if not all shooters out now, so you can point just COD.
    Number 5 - COD is known for it's fast pace multiplayer, slowing down while getting hit is a good idea, but the developers seem to want to keep it constantly franatic.
    Number 6- I just disagree.
    Number 7- True, grenades are bothersome in COD, but they do that in many shooters (ever played Battlefield?)
    Number 8- Join a server with a good ping, problem solved.
    Number 9- I don't know what servers you are playing, but I find a mix of run n gun and hide n seek.
    Number 10 -I just don't get.

Well, I understand it is your opinion. I just happen to disagree with it. But like you, I prefer my shooters on the PC

mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mandeponium

I laugh at posts like this. Sounds like someone's not having a good time?

Developers know these problems exists and seek to do the best job they can. Either that or it's a facet of gameplay you don't like.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'll tell you what COD 4 taught me. It is something so important it may change the world as we know it, forever. It taught me that... oh shit someone stole my peanut M&Ms, i'll get back to you...

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax

11. Treyarch still sucks at making games

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

MAST...take a deep breath, count to 10, and realize that you just wrote all of that over a video game.

A...video...game.

Also, all those problems you listed...they exist on the PC version as well...but add "overcrowding population of players in a single server" to your list.  So there is at least ONE PC game that has the same flaws.

Seriously, though...getting this angry over    A   VIDEO   GAME   is not only ridiculous...but if you aren't enjoying it, then go play one of those PC games you are saying doesn't have these seemingly game-crippling glitches.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

Sounds kind of sour grapes.  Reminds me of shit my roommate says after I work his ass in CoD.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud: You work your friends ass? Dude, what....
    Kraylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Kraylor

What game was it that you couldn't kill someone with a shot in the foot no matter how much you shot it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.