Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

Call Of Duty WaW Zombie Nazi Mode Is Real, video inside

• 52 results
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gizmo

Seems an awesome addition on top of Co-op and multiplayer. Guess their trying to combat Left 4 Dead.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Even this can't save that game.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

Wow, thats pretty funny. The footage makes that bonus out to look kinda fun, but I doubt I would play it more then having a look at it and moving on. Stuff like this is not really a clincher for me and I was planning to buy this game anyways.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush

I think I'll stick with Left 4 Dead instead. Nice try though.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gizmo
    Kush said:
    "I think I'll stick with Left 4 Dead instead. Nice try though."
    My thoughts exactly.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Jayge said:
    "Even this can't save that game."

But +1 anyway to Treyarch for putting this in. Left 4 Dead > WaW (now isn't that a weird comparison?)
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Awesome!

I don't understand all of the World at War/Treyarch bashing. Call of Duty 3 wasn't as bad as a lot of people claim it is. It was a solid game. World at War, which is based on the Call of Duty 4 engine and has been in development for two years, is going to be a really solid game. I expect it will be just as good, if not better, than Call of Duty 4.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayge_
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "Awesome!

I don't understand all of the World at War/Treyarch bashing. Call of Duty 3 wasn't as bad as a lot of people claim it is. It was a solid game. World at War, which is based on the Call of Duty 4 engine and has been in development for two years, is going to be a really solid game. I expect it will be just as good, if not better, than Call of Duty 4."
    You apparently haven't played it.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    Jayge said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "Awesome!

I don't understand all of the World at War/Treyarch bashing. Call of Duty 3 wasn't as bad as a lot of people claim it is. It was a solid game. World at War, which is based on the Call of Duty 4 engine and has been in development for two years, is going to be a really solid game. I expect it will be just as good, if not better, than Call of Duty 4."
    You apparently haven't played it."
    No... are you basing this off the beta? I'd imagine it probably runs like shit and is unbalanced in the beta. That's why they do the beta. They want to fix all of the problems before the game is released.
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

I totally saw it coming

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jayge_
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "No... are you basing this off the beta? I'd imagine it probably runs like shit and is unbalanced in the beta. That's why they do the beta. They want to fix all of the problems before the game is released."
    It's a demo, not a beta. They definitely do not have time to fix even 1/4 of the glaring issues that make the game bad before it goes gold, if it hasn't gone gold already. And I doubt they would bother patching it up if it doesn't sell as well as Activision wants, and it probably won't. There are fundamental problems with the game's design itself that balancing couldn't fix.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    Jayge said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "No... are you basing this off the beta? I'd imagine it probably runs like shit and is unbalanced in the beta. That's why they do the beta. They want to fix all of the problems before the game is released."
    It's a demo, not a beta. They definitely do not have time to fix even 1/4 of the glaring issues that make the game bad before it goes gold, if it hasn't gone gold already. And I doubt they would bother patching it up if it doesn't sell as well as Activision wants, and it probably won't. There are fundamental problems with the game's design itself that balancing couldn't fix."
    Are you saying the sequel to last year's top selling game won't sell well? -.-

There's more people buying games than the people you see posting on video game forums...
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayge_

It will sell well, it will probably not meet Activision's projections (which are undoubtedly inflated, although slightly subdued, from last year's due to a combination of new releases). The game has turned a ton of people off from the beta, and word of mouth spreads, combined with the aforementioned new releases.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By clubsandwich

What's with this of adding zombie mini games as of now? Not that it's a bad thing, but adding zombie mini games to games that have nothing to do with zombies is just weird to me. It looks pretty nice but I'll take Left 4 Dead.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Relys
    Jayge said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    It's a demo, not a beta. They definitely do not have time to fix even 1/4 of the glaring issues that make the game bad before it goes gold, if it hasn't gone gold already. And I doubt they would bother patching it up if it doesn't sell as well as Activision wants, and it probably won't. There are fundamental problems with the game's design itself that balancing couldn't fix."
    1. It's a beta.

2. They've stated that they're planning to support the title with downloadable content.

3. Left4Dead isn't an original concept. (It's been done before, maybe not commercially but still). Stop being a cunt. (By that I mean fanboy, stop being so overly sensitive too, Jesus).

I'm looking forward to seeing how this game turns out. :D
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_
    Relys said:
    "Jayge said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    1. It's a  beta.

2. They've stated that they're planning to support the title with downloadable content.

3. Left4Dead isn't original an concept. Stop being a cunt.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this game turns out. :D"
    How deeply did you pull that out of your ass from, big boy? I never said anything about Left4Dead, I never mentioned Downloadable Content, and you're just plain ignorant if you think this is a real beta.
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Relys
    Jayge said:
    "Relys said:
    "Jayge said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    1. It's a  beta.

3. Left4Dead isn't original an concept. Stop being a cunt.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this game turns out. :D"
    How deeply did you pull that out of your ass from, big boy? I never said anything about Left4Dead, I never mentioned Downloadable Content, and you're just plain ignorant if you think this is a real beta."
    Wow, what a nice person.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayge_

You just called me a cunt. Don't make me spell the irony of that post out to you.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Relys
    Jayge said:
    "You just called me a cunt. Don't make me spell the irony of that post out to you."
    Have a nice day.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By DualReaver
    Relys said:
    "Jayge said:
    "You just called me a cunt. Don't make me spell the irony of that post out to you."
    Have a nice day."
    I disagree.
    r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t

I don't have a problem with a developer adding more content to their games... What the hell is wrong with you people?! Get over the fact that it isn't  Ultra Realistic Modern Warfare. If I wanna do that I'll go play CoD4...

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_
    r3b3lr0b0t said:
    "I don't have a problem with a developer adding more content to their games... What the hell is wrong with you people?! Get over the fact that it isn't  Ultra Realistic Modern Warfare. If I wanna do that I'll go play CoD4..."
    Sometimes I wonder if people even read topics they respond to, or if the rest of the internet is an artificial intelligence designed to make me balk.
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Relys
    Jayge said:
    "r3b3lr0b0t said:
    "I don't have a problem with a developer adding more content to their games... What the hell is wrong with you people?! Get over the fact that it isn't  Ultra Realistic Modern Warfare. If I wanna do that I'll go play CoD4..."
    Sometimes I wonder if people even read topics they respond to, or if the rest of the internet is an artificial intelligence designed to make me balk."
    It's just you. ;)
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DualReaver
    r3b3lr0b0t said:
    You understand it's a fast paced FPS shooter right?
    r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t
    DualReaver said:
    "r3b3lr0b0t said:
    You understand it's a fast paced FPS shooter right?"
    Oh my! A pikachu with bite... Yeah I realize it's a FPS shooter..?
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DualReaver

Just makin' sure.

r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t
    Jayge said:
    "r3b3lr0b0t said:
    Sometimes I wonder if people even read topics they respond to, or if the rest of the internet is an artificial intelligence designed to make me balk."
    Nah, I just skip over your posts because they are absolute rubbish :D
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jayge_
    r3b3lr0b0t said:
    "Nah, I just skip over your posts because they are absolute rubbish :D"
    Nice try, but that made no sense, given that your original post said "you people" implying a collective that was criticizing the game for not being realistic/modern. Seriously. At least *try* when you're going to attempt to troll me.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DualReaver
    Jayge said:
    "r3b3lr0b0t said:
    Nice try, but that made no sense, given that your original post said "you people" implying a collective that was criticizing the game for not being realistic/modern. Seriously. At least *try* when you're going to attempt to troll me."
    I wish you the best of luck.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JoelTGM

That's awesome.  This game is going to be a lot of fun. 

r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t
    Jayge said:
    "r3b3lr0b0t said:
    Nice try, but that made no sense, given that your original post said "you people" implying a collective that was criticizing the game for not being realistic/modern. Seriously. At least *try* when you're going to attempt to troll me."

I'll pass buddy.. Sorry for offending you?

P.S. Samurai Jack FTW!!
    MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MisterSpiffy

I was planning to get this anyways, so just a bit of a bonus, really.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By mike

Call of Duty has officially jumped the shark.  I'm surprised they also didn't add in chainsaws on the M1 Garands.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shawn
    MB said:
    "Call of Duty has officially jumped the shark.  I'm surprised they also didn't add in chainsaws on the M1 Garands."
    I'm surprised they didn't add a free beta for Call of Duty 6: Future war zombie invasion
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pause422

I love how everyone that complains about what people say about this game not standing up to Cod4 and kinda being disappointed are the ones that have not played it at all. Get this straight - The 'beta' is not a beta, if anything changes from that beta, it won't be all that much at all. The game is coming out in less than 3 weeks...I'm giving it a rent for a co-op playthrough and will at least try this mode...but I'll take Left4Dead over it in a second. Also, for whoever it was that said "what I've seen makes this hand in hand or better than Cod4" I can only tell you, be prepared to be disappointed then.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ma7moud

So they have finally added something that wasn't in COD4. Great, now people will get COD4 WW2 mod and a new mode when they buy the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will never replace left4dead, but it's still a cool addition.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "That's awesome.  This game is going to be a lot of fun. "
    +1 for positive post!

At least DOUBLESHOCK isn't jaded like the rest of us...
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jayge_
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "That's awesome.  This game is going to be a lot of fun. "
    +1 for positive post!

At least DOUBLESHOCK isn't jaded like the rest of us..."
    Once again- you obviously have not played this game before.
    Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Manks

Sounds interesting, but a rip-off of Left 4 Dead and Gears 2's Horde mode.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By pause422

Honestly stop thinking any of us that say anything negative about this are wrong when you haven't even played the 'demo'....secondly though, Gears 2 's Horde mode,regardless of the circumstances, that type of co-op gametype is welcome in any kind of shooter...you say that as if they invented this shit, I'm glad they are doing it and I hope more games do it, ones that are actually good though. If you're gonna claim this is ripping off Horde mode though, then I guess horde mode is obviously just a rip off of Terrorist Hunt from R6, so get over it...if more shooters actually had a seperate co-op gametype, ones that were good at least..it would really help with replay value, especially if their competitve online isn't the most interesting.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Milkman
    Jayge said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    The beta wasn't bad at all. It was pretty much did Call of Duty 4 with WWII weapons. I don't know what you were expecting.
    Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Teh_Eel

Meh, does not really interest me at all, considering that Left 4 Dead is out soon. Think I will pass on WaW, and wait for the next infinity ward COD (fingers crossed the Sci-fi rumors are true)

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By pause422

Its far from 'cod4 with WWII weapons' ....it felt very unpolished, and the level design is pretty poor...and just a lot of other little things that make it not even close to cod4 quality. the beta is a 'demo' also, not a beta.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#45  Edited By mike

I'm surprised that some people still think the retail game is going to be drastically different from the demo.  I'm predicting that it's going to be exactly the same, people - the game is done.  Just because Treyarch hasn''t announced that it has gone Gold doesn't mean the game isn't finished. 

The final game will be the same as this so-called "beta", just you watch.  There may be a patch a few weeks or months down the road, but again, don't expect any major changes.  Holding onto some false hope that World At War will somehow magically become a perfectly polished COD4-like experience upon release is just delusional in my opinion.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pause422

Far from even opinion, its a fact. I'm not saying it won't be a 'decent' game, and as I've stated several times, I'll give it a rent for some co-op at least...its just not gonna be simply "Cod4 in WWII" which so many people want to try to make it out to be, that would be giving it a huge compliment...and everyone that seems to think this hasn't played the 'beta', and if they still think it after that, they try to stress that its a 'beta', when its not. Pretty much everyone I know that has played it, and even the response from different game reviewers playing previews of it and stuff, pretty much everyone, after playing this has gone back to Cod4..even if they weren't playing it much at the time before, just because it doesn't even come close to holding up next to it.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jayge_
    MB said:
    "I'm surprised that some people still think the retail game is going to be drastically different from the demo.  I'm predicting that it's going to be exactly the same, people - the game is done.  Just because Treyarch hasn''t announced that it has gone Gold doesn't mean the game isn't finished. 

The final game will be the same as this so-called "beta", just you watch.  There may be a patch a few weeks or months down the road, but again, don't expect any major changes.  Holding onto some false hope that World At War will somehow magically become a perfectly polished COD4-like experience upon release is just delusional in my opinion."
    Exactly.
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By giyanks22

This will be interesting...

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Endogene
    Manks said:
    "Sounds interesting, but a rip-off of Left 4 Dead and Gears 2's Horde mode."
    it is called "invasion mode" it featured in tons of games, only UT99 comes to mind now but i am sure that it has been done before.
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy
    Jayge said:
    "Even this can't save that game."

I agree with Left 4 dead, gears of war 2, Fallout3 coming out the last thing I am thinking of is CoD5 after playing the average-poor beta

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.