Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

Cod WAW even worth playing at this point?

• 52 results
    Avatar image for thefrostedgamer
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By TheFrostedGamer

It depends on what you want from a FPS. This year, I've spent more time playing Nazi Zombie mode in Call of Duty: World at War than any other game. Not because it's technically superior to anything else - but because it was so addicting and satisfying that I didn't *need* anything else. What started out as merely a "prototype", Nazi Zombie mode has become something really amazing and addictive. Most people who  take jabs at World at War only do so because they judge World at War solely on how its multiplayer stacks up against COD4's multiplayer. I will admit that, if you don't care for old guns or the WW2 theme, then you won't find much mileage out of World at War's multi. But if you love online cooperative zombie mode, you will love Nazi Zombies mode and all of its DLC content. Left 4 Dead straight up sucks compared to it in my honest opinion - I find the old Source engine to be far less immersive than many newer game engines.  Also you can play the campaign cooperatively (unlike in COD4). Don't get the wrong idea - I think COD4 is one of the greatest games ever made. But there's plenty of "gaming needs" it doesn't facilitate that WaW does. I get sick of people not being honest about this. I think I just hate humans. That's a whole other thread though. Hope this helps.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By clarke0

WAW should be at the very bottom of your list.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.