Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

CoD:WaW Completed on Hardened & other thoughts

FoolInjection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By FoolInjection

Not long after I posted my last blog post I managed to complete Call of Duty: World at War on Hardened mode.  I felt that the story probably wasn't as strong as the storyline in Call of Duty 4 and the the difficulty was all up and down like a yo-yo.  I found some levels on Hardened extremely hard while some parts I found really easy.  I've now unlocked the Nazi Zombies mode and I'm going back through the game again on Veteran difficulty.  My only beef with Veteran difficulty would be that once again you are a grenade magnet.  Same thing happened in CoD4.  You'd take cover behind something and then instantly about 3 grenades would appear for you to frantically lob back before you died.  I've yet to complete CoD4 on Veteran mode and I'm guessing CoD:WaW will be the same.  I've been playing a lot of multiplayer on World at War though.  I'm up to lvl 31 right now but I'm finding it very difficult as most people are sticking in hardcore hours and have unlocked all the best weapons and perks.  It would appear that the STG-44 is the weapon of choice online, something you have to be at least lvl 43, I think, to be able to use.

General concensus after my last blog post would be that Dead Space is the way to go out of the 3 games I have still sitting in the celophane untouched.  Seems like the logical choice too as I really don't want to get into Fallout 3 untill I've finished the Shivering Isles exspansion for Oblivion.  I just don't think its a good idea to have 2 or 3 RPG's on the go at any one time.  Specially as I still have to complete Fable 2... which reminds me... I haven't played that since my 360 red ringed, my guy probably has a shit load of money now.  Binman88 commented on my last post about Brothers in Arms and how he just couldn't get into it.  I got my copy on the stength of the demo.  I thought the demo was really good and I was hoping for more of the same out of the full game.  I heard there was some kind of wierd back story about a cursed pistol but apart from that I'm kind of new to the series.  Brothers in Arms just reminds me of an old PC game I played once called Hidden & Dangerous.

Seen that the new Burnout patch and cars have been released.  I'm really wanting to get back into that game again however I heard the patch wieghs in at a whopping 850MB +, which if your like me and have a release 360 console with a 20GB hard drive, isn't great news.  I'm seriously begining to run out of space and I refuse point blank to pay Microsoft £120 for a 120GB hard drive.  I think the price of the 360 hard drives are unbelieveable.  Considering your that standard PC hard drive will cost you a mere fraction of that for 120GB of storage.

FoolInjection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FoolInjection

Not long after I posted my last blog post I managed to complete Call of Duty: World at War on Hardened mode.  I felt that the story probably wasn't as strong as the storyline in Call of Duty 4 and the the difficulty was all up and down like a yo-yo.  I found some levels on Hardened extremely hard while some parts I found really easy.  I've now unlocked the Nazi Zombies mode and I'm going back through the game again on Veteran difficulty.  My only beef with Veteran difficulty would be that once again you are a grenade magnet.  Same thing happened in CoD4.  You'd take cover behind something and then instantly about 3 grenades would appear for you to frantically lob back before you died.  I've yet to complete CoD4 on Veteran mode and I'm guessing CoD:WaW will be the same.  I've been playing a lot of multiplayer on World at War though.  I'm up to lvl 31 right now but I'm finding it very difficult as most people are sticking in hardcore hours and have unlocked all the best weapons and perks.  It would appear that the STG-44 is the weapon of choice online, something you have to be at least lvl 43, I think, to be able to use.

General concensus after my last blog post would be that Dead Space is the way to go out of the 3 games I have still sitting in the celophane untouched.  Seems like the logical choice too as I really don't want to get into Fallout 3 untill I've finished the Shivering Isles exspansion for Oblivion.  I just don't think its a good idea to have 2 or 3 RPG's on the go at any one time.  Specially as I still have to complete Fable 2... which reminds me... I haven't played that since my 360 red ringed, my guy probably has a shit load of money now.  Binman88 commented on my last post about Brothers in Arms and how he just couldn't get into it.  I got my copy on the stength of the demo.  I thought the demo was really good and I was hoping for more of the same out of the full game.  I heard there was some kind of wierd back story about a cursed pistol but apart from that I'm kind of new to the series.  Brothers in Arms just reminds me of an old PC game I played once called Hidden & Dangerous.

Seen that the new Burnout patch and cars have been released.  I'm really wanting to get back into that game again however I heard the patch wieghs in at a whopping 850MB +, which if your like me and have a release 360 console with a 20GB hard drive, isn't great news.  I'm seriously begining to run out of space and I refuse point blank to pay Microsoft £120 for a 120GB hard drive.  I think the price of the 360 hard drives are unbelieveable.  Considering your that standard PC hard drive will cost you a mere fraction of that for 120GB of storage.

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dogbox

Holy shit, the Burnout patch is that big?! I'm glad I have it on PS3, where I can afford the space. If I owned the 360 version that would be pretty devastating to the ol' hard drive. Also, congrats on finishing CoD 5 on Hardened. I could barely do it on Normal. I suck at that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.