Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

Experiences With Lower Level PCs

JaxDaxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JaxDaxter

I know the system requirements of Call of Duty: World At War and my PC falls slightly below them, but only on the GPU aspect. I was wondering was people's experiences were with a PC that is slightly under the requirements. Any input would be much appreciated

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By eclipsesis

If my PC could talk, it would scream its ass off in pain, i always put things on higer quality even tho my pc falls below the requirements.
    i think you should get away with it, being the gpu and all,

SilentKayos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SilentKayos

You may have to lower every thing to the minimal settings but otherwise you should be able to play it.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

COD4 was very well optimised and looked quite good too, I don't know about 5 though. Isn't there a demo?

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By subject2change

Tried running Age of Conan on the minimum requirements at release and it was unplayable. It all comes down to optimization and often the mininum requirements suggested are still unplayable (same thing happened for Bioshock with me), I really wouldn't suggest ruining the experience attempting to play it like that. If you have a PCI-E slot try to get an 8800GT or Radeon 3850 and you should be fine for mid level gaming.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jmrwacko
    @JaxDaxter: Well I'll speak from the laptop aspect. I have fairly impressive specs: GeForce 8800M, Intel 2 Duo @ 1.87 ghz, 4 gigs ram . Problem is, I run off a laptop, and I'm using Vista 64 bit on top of that. The game, however, runs at a solid 30 fps with max settings and 1440x900 res, 2 x AA. So take that as you may.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.