Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Capcom

Company »

Capcom is a well-known Japanese game developer and publisher, formerly known as Capsule Computing. They are responsible for such franchises as Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter and Onimusha.

How should Capcom continue working with western devs?

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jost1

Considering the disappointing performance of Bionic Commando and the first reviews of Dark Void being lackluster, it's pretty much a given that Capcom is gonna seriously re-evaluate the way they collaborate with western devs. Dead Rising 2 is a different case, being an already established franchise, so I think they're more comfortable handing that off to external people.

How should they proceed? Is Capcom best served by developing new franchises and the biggest titles on their own, or should they continue taking risks with external developers in the west?

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Goly

I think they should make the games themselves but for a western target audience. It's what they do best now anyway. Although I still love their more japanese stuff.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jost1

I'm really curious about Dead Rising 2 though.

crystalskull2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By crystalskull2

Don't make up your mind about Dark Void yet.It might turn out decent.

Poor developer choice was the main reason of Bionic Commandos failure.So,they should work together with established western developers.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jost1

I haven't written off Dark Void, but I'm very doubtful it'll recoup its costs, considering the competition it's got

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.