Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Capcom

Company »

Capcom is a well-known Japanese game developer and publisher, formerly known as Capsule Computing. They are responsible for such franchises as Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter and Onimusha.

I'm proud of capcom for trying new stuff.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JZ

Asura's wrath, dragon's dogma, remember me, the dmc is it's own new thing. They actually tried new IPs and it actually turned out well. Dragon's dogma sold more than a million copies. Asura's wrath did as well as it could possibly do. I don't know how well dmc did, and remember me looks awesome. Beside naughty dog's the last of us, who else is trying anything new?

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I tried dipping carrots in caramel dip. It worked out pretty well.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Eaxis

Yeah I like Dragons Dogma and DmC, but a bit bummed out by how they deal with new content. Dragons Dogma gets a new retail edition and not DLC I can buy for my copy.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JZ

@Eaxis Oh you can download the dark arisen if you want. The retail box is the entire game with the expansion .

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

@Eaxis said:

Yeah I like Dragons Dogma and DmC, but a bit bummed out by how they deal with new content. Dragons Dogma gets a new retail edition and not DLC I can buy for my copy.

There was no hooks in the code in the original game to allow for DLC. All the "DLC" for the vanilla version was all disc unlock stuff. So it was either they did a new retail release or they don't release the expansion at all.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JZ

It says here you can download it http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/23/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-journeys-april-23-to-na-april-26-to/

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Well "proud" certainly isn't the word I'd use. It's nice they are trying new series but frankly I find it hard to give a shit about any of them. Then of course their neglect for all their franchises I actually like while they keep pumping out Resident Evil and Dead Rising games.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By UlquioKani

This is the first I have heard of Remember Me.

"The player controls Nilin (voiced by Kezia Burrows), an amnesiac 'memory hunter', through the streets of Neo-Paris in the year 2084."

That sentence is from it's wikipedia page and sold me on it.

To answer your question, lots of people are trying new things. I bet indie developers would punch you in the gut for saying Capcom are the only one. It's great that Capcom are trying new things but none of them have interested me personally and the other publishers are saving their new IP's for the next gen.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eaxis

@Demoskinos said:

@Eaxis said:

There was no hooks in the code in the original game to allow for DLC. All the "DLC" for the vanilla version was all disc unlock stuff. So it was either they did a new retail release or they don't release the expansion at all.

Yeah i've read up on it now and it's too bad with the technical limitations. We will get some neat stuff like unlimited ferrystones at least. I'm all for more Dragons Dogma so I'll get it eventually.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eaxis

@JZ said:

It says here you can download it http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/23/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-journeys-april-23-to-na-april-26-to/

Yes, it is an updated Dragons Dogma with Dark Arisen. Dark Arisen is not a separate DLC that's compatible with the first Dragons Dogma release.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JZ

@ulquiokanih it's much more impressive to see a giant company try new things than a team of one guy. The one guy doesn't have to answer to anyone and there are almost no stakes.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

@JZ said:

Yes, there will be a Games on Demand version available but just like Super Street Fighter Digital or Physical "Dark Arisen" is a complete re-release of the game with the added content.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By DarthOrange

PlayStation All-Stars reinvented the wheel and created a fighting game with brand new mechanics that plays like nothing else out there. Too bad no one actually played it. :(

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By godzilla_sushi

@DarthOrange said:

PlayStation All-Stars reinvented the wheel and created a fighting game with brand new mechanics that plays like nothing else out there. Too bad no one actually played it. :(

Oh gosh, that's a little hyperbolic. I think it was a character fighting game like a lot of other stuff out there. Lets say for a fun random example.... Small Arms

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/playstation-all-stars-sales-are-right-on-target

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/09/decembers-best-selling-psn-games-2

I think the right amount of people played it!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Sooty

@DarthOrange said:

lol

It was an okay Smash Bros clone with a terrible character roster that made no sense.

@JZ said:

Asura's wrath, dragon's dogma, remember me, the dmc is it's own new thing. They actually tried new IPs and it actually turned out well. Dragon's dogma sold more than a million copies. Asura's wrath did as well as it could possibly do. I don't know how well dmc did, and remember me looks awesome. Beside naughty dog's the last of us, who else is trying anything new?

DmC is nothing new though. It's just another one of those games.

All they really did is re-skin the characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.