Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castle Crashers

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 27, 2008

Grab three other knights and storm enemy forces in this downloadable beat-em-up with RPG elements, complete with smoothly-drawn graphics.

Word On The Street Is That Online Is Broken

• 57 results
    Sandvich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Sandvich
    SpaceInsomniac said:
    "Actually, I find online works perfectly, as long as I'm playing with someone on my friends list."
    Then you are the exception to the rule, my friend. Enjoy your game while the rest of us throw our controllers across the room every time we get dumped to the "This game is no longer available." screen. I love that screen so much.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52  Edited By Vaxadrin
    Sandvich said:
    "SpaceInsomniac said:
    "Actually, I find online works perfectly, as long as I'm playing with someone on my friends list."
    Then you are the exception to the rule, my friend. Enjoy your game while the rest of us throw our controllers across the room every time we get dumped to the "This game is no longer available." screen. I love that screen so much."
    They stole that screen from GTA4.
    ajarbuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By ajarbuckle

i am havin a lot of issues for it.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By seanbooker

I tried getting into any kind of online game and it kept saying the game is no longer available. So me and my friend tried invitnig eachother to games, same thing happened. So I can't get in.

BennytheDroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BennytheDroid

I've been playing the crap out of this game online with two of my buddies.  The problem seems to be different for everyone, but something you guys might try is playing without the games chat.  Two of us talk in private chat, and the third sends a chat invite to someone who isn't online, which then takes you out of the game chat (and unfortunately out of the chat with your buddies).  Before we tried this we couldn't get more than a few minutes into a game, but since then we can play for hours no problem.  Obviously not an ideal fix, but it's something you guys might want to try out.

Sandvich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Sandvich
    BennytheDroid said:
    "I've been playing the crap out of this game online with two of my buddies.  The problem seems to be different for everyone, but something you guys might try is playing without the games chat.  Two of us talk in private chat, and the third sends a chat invite to someone who isn't online, which then takes you out of the game chat (and unfortunately out of the chat with your buddies).  Before we tried this we couldn't get more than a few minutes into a game, but since then we can play for hours no problem.  Obviously not an ideal fix, but it's something you guys might want to try out."
    That's interesting, Benny.

Check out this weird issue I've seen: I play this game mostly with 3 buddies, we'll call them Teenz, Dave, and Cook. Teenz and I can chat just fine no matter who is hosting. Cook and I can chat just fine no matter who is hosting. Cook and Teenz can chat no matter who is hosting. But Dave and I can not chat at all in the game if either of us is hosting. Dave and I can chat in the XBL chat and in other games just fine, but the Castle Crashers in-game chat just won't work at all between the two of us if either of us is hosting. However, if Cook hosts Dave's chat works just fine...and Cook can even leave the game, thus forcing a direct connection between just Dave and myself and the chat still works fine.

Dave is an IT guy and I'm not totally dumb and we just can't figure this out. We've tried everything we could think of to isolate the problem but it just appears to be our two connections hate each other unless first mediated by Cook's glorious connection of peace and harmony.

Weird stuff.
    Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Buck

Hmm.... I played CC for about 6 hours today with my friend with 0 problems, not even a hint of lagg.
    Don't really know what kind of problems you guys are facing though I've only played the game for 1 day.
    I live in Norway though if that's to any help?  And i have not tried any random matchmaking yet.

Sandvich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sandvich

Cook, Teenz, and myself just played for an hour or so...we would have very light lag throughout most of the game but in the final stage...when the last health bar was nearing it's end it would stutter and kick us all to the "Game no longer available." screen every single time. We tried 5 times in a row...go through the last stage...but at the last moment - lag and boot. It's so infuriating I'm almost at a loss for words. It makes me want to hold Tom Fulp down and make him eat grass.

There's really nothing left for me to do at this point but go drink more Guiness and try to forget about it I guess.

/ginormous-sigh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.