Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine: Full Body

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 14, 2019

An enhanced remaster of Atlus’ adult-oriented puzzle-platformer for the PS4 and PS Vita. Full Body features a new love interest, online multiplayer, new puzzle mechanics, harder difficulties, new story segments, and new endings.

Catherine: Full Body Re-release for PS4 and PS Vita announced

• 82 results
    TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By TheChris

Atlus are rereleasing Catherine on PS4 and PSVita with new content. Consider me effectively hyped!

https://personacentral.com/catherine-full-body-announced-ps4-ps-vita/

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Will gladly play this again on vita :)

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The idea that Atlus would release this on Vita but not Switch is a kind of wonderful madness.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So hyped to play this on PS4, missed it during the previous gen! Glad the rumours were true. Looks great!

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

@mattgiersoni: It's not a good game, man. The story and choices are cool, but the actual gameplay kinda seems like it shouldn't even be there. This would make a great visual novel, but as a puzzle game it's very meh.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@blackheronblue: I personally really liked the puzzle gameplay. There’s even a competitive following for the game, so I’d hardly take it as gospel that it’s “not a good game”.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Merry Christmas

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kblosnack

Qatherine?

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackheronblue:

Making the blanket statement “it’s not a good game” about something that a lot of people liked is some real GameFAQS-type troll bait. I feel like I’m supposed to respond “you didn’t like the puzzles because you couldn’t git gud bro”.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Oh, hey. That's news to me. Excited, though. I played through the original game a good 3-4 times to see how the story would pan out. Even bought myself an early copy of it while I was over in Japan.

If I had one complain about it, then it was that the young Catherine was so very much more attractive than older Katherine. And I ain't just talking from an aesthetic angle here. Older Katherine was very much written as your girlfriend of some, arguably too much, time, and there was little to no fun and enjoyment left in that relationship. Having a third Catherine as an option will make these decisions all the more interesting to me.

That said, the best ending remains the one where he decided that he should pursue his own dreams, and went to space.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: I finished the game, there wasn't really anything to get good at.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackheronblue:

...I think you missed the point of my post. Never mind. Moving on.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: nah man.. The fact that a lot of people liked something doesn't automatically make it good.

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

It's a decent game but I don't think they should ask more than $20 for this.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackheronblue:

...still...missing...the...point. Seriously, let’s move on.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: well, if you didnt have to act on your impulse to respond just because somebody doesn't like something you do, you wouldn't have to move on from shit now.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No PC release? That's a shame.

I beat it on Xbox One when it came to BC. Loved the story and characters but man, the gameplay was terrible.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By htr10

@blackheronblue:

One, you said people liking a game doesn’t make it a good game. Probably also means you not liking a game doesn’t make it not a good game too, huh?

Two, that last post saying that I shouldn’t have acted on my “impulse” is just the perfect way for you to end a string of replies none of which came even close to getting the point in my 1st post.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Puchiko

I wish they would just release this without the puzzle gameplay. Least favorite part of the game and only thing keeping me from playing it.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they’d release it with more puzzles, loved it myself. Wonder if they add in a new hub bar to explore, kindahoped maybe we could have played the game from a female perspective. Like Katherine with a K.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We 've only been asking for Ogre Tactics for how long now?

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ESPORTS!

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Heh, didn't expect this to get a Vita release.

I appreciate the game's weirdness, not something I'd want to revisit though.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, maybe I'll actually play it this time.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll play this again if they're adding another "route" with a 3rd character. Katherine was unlikable for the first 80% of the game and Catherine was unlikable for the last 20%, so hopefully a new girl can mix things up a bit. I came around on the gameplay when I went back to it for a 2nd playthrough years later, going for a lot of the Gold ranks and actually trying to learn some of the techniques, but I won't say I ever actually got good at it.

I can't believe they continue to do nothing with the Golden Playhouse setup. Catherine had such a unique setting/story (until it went off the rails at the end and turned into the usual Atlus "God that is giving humans the destruction they crave, also demons" affair), so I really wish they'd do more stuff in that vein. This re-release is kind of a bummer on that front.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I may actually try and get in to the puzzles this time instead of rushing through it to see the story.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zeik

The puzzle gameplay was actually the best part of this game, so sign me up for this on the Vita, sure. (Hopefully this one will fix the audio mixing that I'm pretty sure is still borked on PS3.)

I'm not too into the new generic looking moe girl, but maybe there's a twist that makes her interesting. Like she's an SMT style Law angel.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I can't read the title with "Full Body" without hearing it in Jeff's creeper voice.

Fuuuulllllll...Body mmhmmm

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

The puzzle gameplay was actually the best part of this game, so sign me up for this on the Vita, sure. (Hopefully this one will fix the audio mixing that I'm pretty sure is still borked on PS3.)

I'm not too into the new generic looking moe girl, but maybe there's a twist that makes her interesting. Like she's an SMT style Law angel.

I really hope they move away from that whole, deity putting humanity on trial bollocks, if they ever do another Golden Playhouse esque game. So far I don't mind her design. Her hair reminds me of Scarlett Johansson from Lost in Translation.

No Caption Provided

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zeik

@thechris: I could probably do without that stuff in a sequel too (besides maybe a joke ending) but it's already part of this one, so might as well go all in.

The hair would be fine if that's all it was, but everything about her screams stereotypical moe girl. Hopefully there's more to her personality than that.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

I was hoping that all the talk around "a new Catherine" would be a sequel, a Golden Playhouse game with characters that were new, but still everyday 30-year olds. And maybe that's still on the way, but I doubt it's in development right now.

Anyhow, I'll probably pick this up. Catherine may actually be my favourite game this team has put out.

However, I'm not so sure about what they're adding to the game, like this new character. I didn't love the new content from P4G like Marie either, and I'm guessing this will feel similar.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping that all the talk around "a new Catherine" would be a sequel, a Golden Playhouse game with characters that were new, but still everyday 30-year olds. And maybe that's still on the way, but I doubt it's in development right now.

Anyhow, I'll probably pick this up. Catherine may actually be my favourite game this team has put out.

However, I'm not so sure about what they're adding to the game, like this new character. I didn't love the new content from P4G like Marie either, and I'm guessing this will feel similar.

I totally hear you on the reservations about Marie. Jeff's face says it all

No Caption Provided

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catherine for EVO

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Man, they totally ruined whatever they were going for with the nature of what a certain character (not gonna spoil it for anyone playing this for the first time) actually turned out to be. I get the themes they were trying to touch on, but having it play out the way it did botched anything they were attempting. Such a shame.

DarlingDixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favourite part of this game is near the end when Vincent makes a comment about someone's sunglasses.

@htr10: nah man.. The fact that a lot of people liked something doesn't automatically make it good.

Whatever Catherine did to you, just get over it, man.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

What does Full Body mean

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheChris

@dinosaurcanada: The subtitle “Full Body” was chosen because of the term for wine, and it is meant to symbolize an even richer experience and more erotic new Catherine

That’s a quote from the link btw.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By DinosaurCanada

@thechris: yeah I just found this out almost immediately after posting this. Thats dumb

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheChris

@zeik: I didn’t mind it in Catherine, and actually like the prospect of it in the Persona games but I think they need a new premise, if they are making another game, then the supernatural shouldn’t go the same route.

As for Rin, I don’t see much about her design that strikes me as typical animu girl. The hair is quite spiffy, and she doesn’t look any less crazy than spaghetti hair cut Catherine.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dinosaurcanada: Eh, not less worse than Golden, FES, Redux, Deep and whatever else subtitle they’ve conjured up for their rereleases.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By monetarydread

Eh... I guess this announcement is cool, I’m all for people having easy access to games the missed / enjoyed. I’m not going to get it because I came away for it feeling like it was just a low-grade visual novel with some bad puzzle elements thrown in. I just hope it doesn’t cost too much, but I’m not going to buy it so I guess the cost doesn’t really matter to me at all.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EDGE.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FacelessVixen

Funny how Atlus keeps justifying my reasons to keep my Vita.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Catherine was a cool game, and still is.

I'm really sad there isn't a new Erica ending ;_;

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favourite part of this game is near the end when Vincent makes a comment about someone's sunglasses.

@blackheronblue said:

wow, you people really just can't accept that others might not like the stuff you like, can you? A guy I talk to on the site expressed interest in the game, all I did was warn him that there is a possibility it's not as great as the general opinion is. Why would you even feel the need to comment? You're not gonna change my mind about the game just because you tell me to "get over it". I do not have a problem, I just don't think the puzzle element of the game is any good. That doesn't constitute a conversation, why would you even respond?

DarlingDixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DarlingDixie
    @blackheronblue said:
    @darlingdixie said:

@blackheronblue said:

wow, you people really just can't accept that others might not like the stuff you like, can you? A guy I talk to on the site expressed interest in the game, all I did was warn him that there is a possibility it's not as great as the general opinion is. Why would you even feel the need to comment? You're not gonna change my mind about the game just because you tell me to "get over it". I do not have a problem, I just don't think the puzzle element of the game is any good. That doesn't constitute a conversation, why would you even respond?

I don't care at all about your opinion, I just find your need to be in here arguing about that opinion very odd.

Also, the part I put in bold is absolutely hilarious when you're the one who can't accept some people think it's a great game. I played Catherine once and liked it, that's the start and end of my relationship with the game, any attempt to paint me as die hard fan is misguided.

The general opinion of Catherine was also nowhere near as positive as you seem to think it was.

DarlingDixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DarlingDixie

@blackheronblue said:
    @darlingdixie said:
    @blackheronblue said:
    @darlingdixie said:

@blackheronblue said:

I don't care at all about your opinion, I just find your need to be in here arguing about that opinion very odd.

Also, the part I put in bold is absolutely hilarious when you're the one who can't accept some people think it's a great game. I played Catherine once and liked it, that's the start and end of my relationship with the game. Get off my nuts.

Why would I even care that somebody likes the game? Just stop replying, wtf? You're telling me I shouldn't be arguing about my opinion yet here you are with another high quality comment. What a fantastic conversation!

Maybe you should go back and look at the stuff you posted because you seem to not remember. That's a good question.

Peace out.

Ktargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sick, I skipped this one last gen but I would be willing to give the re-release a shot. Thanks for the info.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.