Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Champions Online

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Champions Online is a superhero action-MMORPG for PC. It was developed by Cryptic Studios, the makers of City of Heroes.

Quick question regarding accounts in this game

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By jaqen_hghar

So, me and my girlfriend are watching the QL, and we now think this looks awesome. And we want it. Badly. But then there is the fee. We don't have time to play enough to justify a monthly fee, so a lifetime subscription is more like it. But that is pretty expensive, so we will only be able to buy one.
    Here is my question: Is it possible to install this game on two PCs, and use one account for the both of us? I know you can create several Heroes, but can you do it this way?
    If you can, will it be able to play at the same time? I kinda doubt it, but if you can that would probably make us buy this.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tekmojo

I think MMOs would lose a lot of money, and a lot of credit card info. 

Since I can't think of an MMO that does this, I would say no.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Yeah, I really doubt you can play on two computers at the same time. But what about having it installed on two computers, who use the same account, just not at the same time?

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By EdIsCool

Yes you can do this on any mmo I know of.
    Just not at the same time as you said.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tekmojo
    @Durandir said:
    " Yeah, I really doubt you can play on two computers at the same time. But what about having it installed on two computers, who use the same account, just not at the same time? "
    yep perfectly legit
    jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Thanks for the answers! Gonna buy one lifetime sub then. Seems like a game you can come back to time and time again due to the customizability, so it is really a good deal.
    Haven't ever played a MMO with a montly sub, due to time and money. I don't like the feeling of having to play to get most out of the money.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tekmojo

Good luck, I will try this game out soon enough. Don't forget to come back and tell everyone how it is!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By trophyhunter

if I had a better computer I'd get this game and the lifetime sub in a second

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Yeah, it looks awesome, and I know we will both have a lot of fun with it.
    To put it this way, my girlfriend (and I to a certain extent) hates MMO's. I have only played Anarchy Online (since it was free) and I had a blast, even though I didn't do that much in the game. I tried Eve Online for a few weeks (free trial) and had fun, but I have yet to find a "WoW type" game to play. I have heard a bit about this game, and kinda wanted it, but didn't want to know much in case I ended up obsessed :P
    Then me and my girlfriend saw the QL. I expected her to say only bad things, but she said "We need that game" :P
    So yeah, I think this is gonna rock.

But now I realized I need to buy the game pluss the lifetime sub. Which kinda sucks, but I got it fairly cheap from Play.com.

SwampWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By SwampWater
    @Durandir said:
    " I don't like the feeling of having to play to get most out of the money. "
    It's only like $15, you can spend that much at an arcade in one day easy. $15 doesn't go a long way nowadays so I don't think it's unreasonable. Anything over $25 would definitely be a cutoff price for me.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic

why are we talking about a fee? if i buy this for PC am i gonna have to pay something monthly ?

_k1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By _k1_

@Ahmad_Metallic:

Like a lot of MMOs, it has a monthly fee.  $15/mo in this case, unless you buy a lifetime subscription for $200.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.