Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chris Metzen

Person » credited in 17 games

Chris Metzen in a former game designer, artist, and author for Blizzard Entertainment. He is known for his work in helping shape the widely popular fictional universes of Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo. He currently holds the title of Vice President of Creative Development at Blizzard.

Chris Metzen retires.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hassun
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Shit that's pretty big, he has been the de facto face at the helm of Blizzard for a long time now.

Interesting if there will be any eventual/gradual change in direction for them.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh ok, that guy. The picture on the wiki is a bit old so it tripped me up some. Yeah, he's a big guy over there right? Had a hand in everything since OG Warcraft, according to that Danny O'Dwyer farewell video?

Good for him! Little I saw of him, he seemed like a cool dude. VP of Creative Development seems kinda important. Wonder what'll shift around and what's next for Blizzard. BlizzCon in a few months IIRC.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Metzen did a lot of fantastic stuff over the years. And lots of stuff I didn't like later on. Certainly a huge part of Blizzard so I wish him the best.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

One of the greats.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Interesting to see what will happen over at Blizzard now, if anything changes. He was a pretty big shot over there after all.

Will he still come over to voice Thrall?

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is always crazy to me when people can afford to retire in their early forties.

tehbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colossalghost: Yeah, when you help create the 3 main brands of Blizzard you get to wrap it up early. Those are credits that just keep giving. Dude lived the nerd dream. Now he will take a few years, refocus, and hell nowadays end up sending a rocket to Mars, or the center of the planet, who knows.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For good or ill, Metzen has contributed immensely to Blizzard and its games, it's gonna be said not hearing his voice in the games, at least for new characters. I'm interested in how much of an impact this will do to Blizzard games going forward.

cid798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cid798

I loved the artwork in the Warcraft manuals.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zirilius

Does that mean Thrall's dead (haven't played through the whole shaman storyline yet)? Cause there is no other Thrall but Metzen!

Sad to see him go but so far it appears as if he's going out in a bang.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#12  Edited By Slag

man I thought he'd be a lifer in this biz.

I may have not liked the way Blizz's stories/plots have gone in the last 6 years or so but there is no question he was absolutely instrumental in creating foundations for their deservedly well loved universes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.