Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 01, 2011

A continuation to the first Corpse Party that tells several "what if" scenarios as well as a sequel story.

North American Announcement

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows will be released as a downloadable game for the PSP this winter in North America, followed up by a future European release.

Also, the original Corpse Party will be $9.99 on PSN until November 6th.

Siliconera

I enjoyed the first Corpse Party, but I'm not too sure it's something that I'd be that interested in going through again. One of the game's chapters is a direct sequel featuring two survivors from the first game, so I'll look into it depending on what price the game is available at.

sunsetstreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By sunsetstreek

I'm definitely interested in the sequel. Glad to see it's finally getting brought over.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ervonymous

I really don't want to but I feel obligated having played the first one.. School girls coughing up long, black hair's bound to be a good time.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@ervonymous said:

I really don't want to but I feel obligated having played the first one..

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it (perhaps for different reasons, though).

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

well fuck, I was just about to post this, good thing I checked this board first. 

I might buy this just because it's XSEED. The first Corpse Party made me feel really uneasy for a while after finishing it though. One of the few horror games that's ever done that for me.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SlightConfuse

i better butter my pooper then

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Coafi

Hmm, anyone purchased the original one now that's on sale? I checked PSN and it stills says $20.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

I'm actually a little surprised. Corpse Party must have done pretty well for XSEED if they're releasing Book of Shadows, so I am very happy to see that the series is doing well in America. I will most certainly be purchasing Book of Shadows as soon as it's available but I also do not have very high expectation for it. The game was developed by Mages instead of by the original developer Team GrisGris and the gameplay has been changed to be more like a standard visual novel. The stories could still be entertaining but overall Book of Shadows looks like the appetizer while we wait for Corpse Party 2 to be released. Still excited to play it though.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Book of Shadows? Oh god, hopefully it will be better and make more sense than Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 did...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

This November, cast your ballot for the Corpse Party.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Questionable

The whole eternal torment crutch always gets me in japanese horror stories. Being denied deaths release is the ultimate horror in my book.

As long as they price it 20$ or less i'l probably pick this up, Most of the story will be a repeat of what we already seen in the original game which is to be taken into consideration.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By myniceicelife

@Coafi said:

Hmm, anyone purchased the original one now that's on sale? I checked PSN and it stills says $20.

i picked it up last night and it was $10 (around 1am CST), so don't know if they didn't update it till then or not. Played about 45 minutes before going to bed, not bad but don't think i've gotten into anything good yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.