Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

CryEngine 3

Concept »

CryEngine 3 is a game engine developed by Crytek for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

CryEngine 3.4.0

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Technically impressive as always though nothing particularly new. Let's just hope they can actually make a good game with it (I know people with disagree with me but I've always found Crytek to be a fucking bore.)

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

looks good, someone should make an RPG with this engine :O  imagine something like Skyrim built on it.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Grimhild

MWO is using CryEngine3. Makes me excited.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
    whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Problem I have is the only game that was really impressive (for me) running it was the original Crysis and Crysis: Warhead. Crysis 2 was a colossal failure imo. Crysis 3 (now confirmed) will probably be limited by console hardware as well and be another so-so game. So all the tech demo stuff looks awsome but wont reach that point in game without the help of the modding community (god bless them).

If I want awsome graphics and awsome gameplay, I'll play Shogun 2. A true masterpeice that makes proper use of the pc's horsepower. This had the real best graphics of 2011 imo. Shafted simply on the basis of being a strategy game (because the gaming media is bias).

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

Puurdy.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I think this looks great. It's just too bad it's hard to get this good a looking engine on consoles well. Hopefully when the next gen systems come out, Crytek will put out Crysis 2 again. I mean, I'd buy it. People say it's not all about graphics, and I agree, but I think it's a big thing and should definitely always be thought of when making a new game or system. Also, isn't this video kind of old? I saw this a few months ago I believe.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Yeah, I'm all for technological advancements, but Crytek's graphical whoring is ridiculous. Less money wasted on engines, more money spent on developing GOOD GAMES that don't rip off MW2.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@AhmadMetallic said:

Yeah, I'm all for technological advancements, but Crytek's graphical whoring is ridiculous. Less money wasted on engines, more money spent on developing GOOD GAMES that don't rip off MW2.

They made one game which 'rips off' MW2 because EA made them make it. Left to their own devices they made the superlative Crysis and Crysis Wars. Dude, you're beginning to sound like you had a stroke. Where's the Ahmad we all know gone?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

They made one game which 'rips off' MW2 because EA made them make it. Left to their own devices they made the superlative Crysis and Crysis Wars. Dude, you're beginning to sound like you had a stroke. Where's the Ahmad we all know gone?

I realize that I've had my own long sad mindtrip of cynicism and bullshit on these boards for the last few months, and I'm slowly trying to have the good old positive look on (gaming) life back. Hell I got pretty sick of myself recently. However this is a completely separate case! This is total, pure hatred right here. They ruined my all time favorite shooter.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

I realize that I've had my own long sad mindtrip of cynicism and bullshit on these boards for the last few months, and I'm slowly trying to have the good old positive look on (gaming) life back. Hell I got pretty sick of myself recently. However this is a completely separate case! This is total, pure hatred right here. They ruined my all time favorite shooter.

Reacharound?

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By s-a-n-JR

They can make faces look as realistic as they want, but as soon as those heads start talking that 'realism' is lost unless they're facial animation is as good as their graphics tech.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.