Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A mysteriously resurrected Prophet fights his way through the now literal jungles of the fallen New York City, continuing the fight against the malevolent Ceph alien invaders.

Minimum Requirements Revealed

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Raven10

Minimum System Operating Requirements for PC

• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8

• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1Gb Video RAM

• Dual core CPU

• 2GB Memory (3GB on Vista)

• Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel):

• Nvidia GTS 450

• Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (E6600)

• Example 2 (AMD):

• AMD Radeon HD5770

• AMD Athlon64 X2 2.7 Ghz (5200+)

Recommended System Operating Requirements for PC

• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM

• Quad core CPU

• 4GB Memory

• Nvidia GTX 560

• Intel Core i3-530

• Example 2 (AMD):

• AMD Radeon HD5870

• AMD Phenom II X2 565

Hi-Performance PC Specifications

• Latest DirectX 11 graphics card

• Latest quad core CPU

• 8GB Memory

• NVidia GTX 680

• Intel Core i7-2600k

• Example 2 (AMD):

• AMD Radeon HD7970

• AMD Bulldozer FX4150

I sit firmly between recommended and Hi-Performance which means that on the highest settings I'll be able to stare at that stunningly beautiful, voxel based, highly tessellated, ground at 10 fps and will get a blue screen of death when doing anything else.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

Well, what a great time for those that are thinking about building a gaming PC, I am not one of those people. I will unfortunately be getting this on the 360, so I hope it's not a disappointment this time around.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

Looks like I should be able to run it mostly on high. Got a 7950.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By murisan

@NTM said:

Well, what a great time for those that are thinking about building a gaming PC, I am not one of those people. I will unfortunately be getting this on the 360, so I hope it's not a disappointment this time around.

Why? Crysis 3 looks like more Crysis 2.. in other words, not worth it to a lot of people who enjoyed Crysis 1.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ghost_cat

Yep, I'm ready for all of its glory!

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

There was a Crysis 2?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@murisan said:

@NTM said:

Why? Crysis 3 looks like more Crysis 2.. in other words, not worth it to a lot of people who enjoyed Crysis 1.

Why what? Why am I getting Crysis 3? It's just one of those things that I have to do. I HAVE TO!

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By murisan

@NTM said:

@murisan said:

@NTM said:

Why what? Why am I getting Crysis 3? It's just one of those things that I have to do. I HAVE TO!

Why would you upgrade for Crysis 3 is what I meant. I'd rather upgrade for Far Cry 3. Calling it now: Far Cry 3 > Crysis 3

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Genkkaku

Awesome something else to push my computer!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

@murisan said:

@NTM said:

@murisan said:

@NTM said:

Why would you upgrade for Crysis 3 is what I meant. I'd rather upgrade for Far Cry 3. Calling it now: Far Cry 3 > Crysis 3

Oh, either way. To me, this isn't really a "I'd rather do it for this" type of thing, I just meant in general.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @murisan

@NTM said:

@murisan said:

@NTM said:

Man you really like far cry 3 don't you.
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By buft

I'm meeting recommended and more so i should be able to play this with some success

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Humanity

The golden era where Crysis requirements were the benchmark you needed to build a powerful gaming pc.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

By the time this is out, I'll have picked up my new GPU and (possibly) a new CPU. Should be on the Hi-Performance region, or damn close to it.

Whatever, as long as I can use the bow throughout the entire game I'll be fine. FPS bows are my favorite.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Grillbar

no problem

@Video_Game_King said:

There was a Crysis 2?

ahh be fair it was not that bad, it was decent atleast above average

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By colourful_hippie

Between recommended and high, the game should look and run just fine for me. I'll most likely have to ditch the DX 11 goodies

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By Levio

Wow, the know-it-alls in the PC threads usually say 8 GB of RAM is overkill for gaming and is only good for future-proofing, but there it is right there in the Crysis 3 Hi-Performance recommendations, a game to be released Feb 2013.

I wonder if they're just throwing in the 8 GB to be safe though so absolutely no one has those specs and loses quality.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

@murisan said:

@NTM said:

I enjoyed Crysis 1...

@Video_Game_King said:

There was a Crysis 2?

...as well as Crysis 2. VGK, did you legitimately not know that there was a Crysis 2 or are you going "Ah, Crysis 2 isn't a true sequel to the masterpiece of human ingenuity that was Crysis 1"?

@Levio said:

Wow, the know-it-alls in the PC threads usually say 8 GB of RAM is overkill for gaming and is only good for future-proofing, but there it is right there in the Crysis 3 Hi-Performance recommendations, a game to be released Feb 2013.

I wonder if they're just throwing in the 8 GB to be safe though so absolutely no one has those specs and loses quality.

You should also note that the High performance spec says you'll want a GTX 680 and an i7. That's pretty close to top-of-the-line, you're not going to need a 680 to play this game. If you did, it wouldn't sell much on PC.

I also have yet to see many of those know-it-alls say "Yeah, you only need 4GB's". That's true, 4GB will work well enough most of the time - but 8GB will work much better and it's so cheap these days that, unless you're really cutting corners, you should get 8GB.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King

@believer258:

It's closer to the former. I knew there was a Crysis 2; I just didn't remember until this thread.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20  Edited By Raven10

I enjoyed Crysis 2. Not as much as Crysis 1, but I thought the upgrade system was cool, and the suit abilities were still fun and easier to use in combination than in 1. They've said this one is a bit more open than the second so I'm hoping it combines the best of both worlds.

I have 6 GB of RAM which I think should be fine in this case. I also have a 2 GB 560 ti so that should be able to play it on medium/high settings along with my Core i7, even though it is a first gen one. I doubt I'll be able to use the DX11 stuff, as even the second game only ran at about 25 fps on my PC with the DX11 stuff turned on. It sure was beautiful in all of its near slideshow glory though.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mirado

@murisan said:

Far Cry 3 might be the better game, but Crysis 3 will be better looking and hence a more plausible reason for said upgrade. Far Cry 3 seems to scale pretty well, something that the Crysis series (especially the first game) isn't know for.

@Levio said:

Any person that suggests less then 8GB of RAM for a new system, gaming or otherwise, is out of their fucking mind. RAM's so cheap anymore that you should consider lobbing 16GB in if you can get a good deal, let alone 8. I've been using 8 for years already; you can always find a usage for more RAM, and since there isn't a real dual channel 6GB step in between, I can't suggest 4 in my right mind. Not anymore.

As for me, my two 6950s still bat a bit better then a 680 as long as they aren't trying to fuck up completely (which happens more often then it should, thanks AMD!), and after two years my investment is still going strong. There's no such thing as future proofing, but I think this proves you can weigh value vs performance and come out ahead.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murisan said:

@NTM said:

I played the MP Beta, it's the exact same game.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zenmastah

@murisan said:

@NTM said:

@murisan said:

@NTM said:

Yeah Crysis 3 will propably be worse game than Far Cry 3, but it will look miles ahead none the less.

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Luca717

i loved the first one and think it was way better then 2, but 2 was still fun enough. i was hoping that they would release a benchmark or something for people to run pre- game release. i can do the max settings no problem, would just be nice to bench it

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By emem

\o/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.