Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dan Ryckert

Person » credited in 4 games

Senior Editor at Giant Bomb from 2014 to 2020. Formerly of Game Informer. Author, Guinness World Record holder, lifelong wrestling mark, and failed musician. After a brief stint as Podcast Producer at WWE Ryckert returned to help guide the next generation of Giant Bomb.

Dan Ryckert's Books - as Reviewed on Amazon

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Thiago123

So as you may know, our very own @danryckert is a published author! While looking at his work on Amazon (specifically, a promising title called "Air Force Gator") I found the hidden gem that is the reviews written by his fellow video game journos/writers. I recommend everyone check the reviews out...and maybe even support Dan by picking one up!

Here is a particularly good review, written suspiciously by someone named "Drew" and titled:The single greatest achievement in the history of mankind.

This is the single greatest literary masterpiece in the history of the world. It is destined to overtake the Bible as the most sold book of all time. Dan Ryckert's writing finesse makes Shakespeare look like a tabloid journalist. The moon landing pales in comparison to this monumental achievement of a book. Your life is meaningless until you read this. Dan Ryckert is truly the greatest human being that has ever lived.

5 stars. Obv.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By connerthekewlkid

I need to look up that story about the fundraiser battle between Dan and that "unnamed athlete"

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Yeah, I found some of his books on amazon about a week ago. While I'm not particularly interested in wrestling, both of the Air Force Gator books look right up my alley.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Tony Hawk Pro Skater?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

I only like reading negative reviews.

"F bomb used on 1st page, returned the book next day. Wish someone had warn me, the comments on back of book, accurate!!!"

Perfect. The person buys a book called "Air Force Gator" and is offended by the F word being on the first page. Logical.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Air Force Gator is a pretty (dumb) fun read. I never got around to the sequel.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I need to look up that story about the fundraiser battle between Dan and that "unnamed athlete"

I backed that project. And now that I think of it, I don't know if the book ever actually came out... I should look into that.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

@handlas said:

"F bomb used on 1st page, returned the book next day. Wish someone had warn me, the comments on back of book, accurate!!!"

Perfect. The person buys a book called "Air Force Gator" and is offended by the F word being on the first page. Logical.

Yeah, that was the first review I read. Pretty amusing.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What I want to know is who did the cover art for these books? They look amazing.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Chris Kluwe one is my favourite. Also all the 1 stars.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By abendlaender

I like this "review"

"If you buy this supposed "work of literacy", you have truly let mankind down as a human being. When the "author" openly admits to writing this while watching wrestling because he needed to fill three hours, then that is proof enough that this stink nugget will be horrible. The fact that this is based off a pilot alligator that is drunk and in the Air Force shows how idiotic and immature the "author" is. After all, this book wouldn't have come about if it weren't for a misunderstood phrase by a coworker of his."

Cracks me up. Also Air Force Gator is pretty stupid. In a good way.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@handlas said:

Yeah, that was the first review I read. Pretty amusing.

I took a look at that particular person's other reviews and they are almost certainly fucking about or are just a little bit bizarre.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By octaslash
    Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The mere fact that Air Force Gator and its sequel Air Force Gator II: Scales of Justice exist made my day 100x better.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I should really buy these.

@octaslash said:

They're great books. It's just too bad that he stole Jose Canseco's life story and sold it for his own personal gain. Still, I hope he writes another one!

I'm speechless. Mostly due to people in that thread not understanding that it was a joke after the first tweet posted or the nonsense of the OP, and the level of stone-cold stupid therein.

So Dan didn't base the books off of Jose Canseco's life then also make another book making fun of him? I really don't understand any of that thread, even if it is a joke I don't get what the joke is...

doomocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Snitches getting biographies is pretty good on the scale of what snitches usually get.

chortleofearl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just think of the power dan ryckert has here. jose canseco needs to find a way to relate every single plot line to himself through these books. dan should write a prequel, about jose cansecos father, i mean air force gator.

also if dan or someone else could detail how this came about with him and jose, i'd appreciate it. if there is something i'm missing besides jose canseco is really delusional and saw this book and randomly thought, yeah i can relate to that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.