Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Anyone actually finished the game yet? (potential spoilers?)

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By themangalist

I don't own a console and haven't played the game, but I sure did enjoy reading up the lore and checking out the wicked boss designs. Tried looking up youtube with no results on the ending of the game, no endboss... so anyone mind spilling the beans for me in a spoiler quote?

Also, what's your playtime? Anymore stuff you'd like to go back in NG+ and do?

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Joeyoe31

I'm pretty close. At the very end the game opens up to become "Hey there are bosses you haven't killed. Go kill them." and you also kill the 5 major demons from the intro. I've killed 2 (3 technically since I joined Nito's Covenant and don't have to fight him) and only have 2 left.

My playtime is around 35 hours and for NG+ I'd like to actually try and play with my friends.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By bushpusherr

Just finished it literally about 10 minutes ago. Clocked in at 46.5 hours and finished at soul level 76.

Ending/Boss details:

The final boss is Lord Gwynn (the guy throwing lighting bolts in the trailer). He is agile as fuck and has a giant flame sword. He moves similar to the way that Old King Allant did in Demon's Souls. I kind of cheezed him by sidestepping around a small rock pillar, constantly keeping the pillar between him and myself. From there, i used a leveled up lighting spear to poke through the rock at him when he was close enough.

The overall ending was actually kind of disappointing (unless there is something at the end of the credits that I skipped cause i didn't watch them). After you kill him, all you do is walk up to a bonfire and light it. From there, flames start erupting from it and ingulf the entire arena that you fought in. And.....that's it. No exposition, no wrap-up, not really anything. Cut to credits, then it automatically starts up a NG+ plus from the very beginning.

I'm still going to keep playing cause I fucking loved this game. I'll probably start a new character as a pyromancer (played heavy melee on my first character), and I'll probably check out the NG+ to see how it goes. I really just wanna hop back in fresh so I can mess around with the PvP a bit more. Kind of screwed myself out of quite a bit of it cause I leveled up so fast :(.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NekuCTR

I've seen screencaps of people who are on NG+++++ with maxed stats, but I myself am about at the halfway point. Loving it so far as well.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Joeyoe31

There's a different ending from @bushpusherr ending. You could also just walk out of the cave, and apparently the ending changes depending on what covenant you picked.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By daiphyer

Did you guys just run through it, or did you do everything and still got 40-45hours?

Speaking of doing stuff, what do you do in this game? Are there quests? A main objective, a waypoint? My copy arrives in 2 3 days, and I would like to know before going in.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joeyoe31

@Daiphyer said:

Did you guys just run through it, or did you do everything and still got 40-45hours?

Speaking of doing stuff, what do you do in this game? Are there quests? A main objective, a waypoint? My copy arrives in 2 3 days, and I would like to know before going in.

You bought a game that you know nothing about? Well there really isn't any story. Basically Human/Demon's fought the Dragons to obtain fire, humans won and everyone was happy. Then the fire ran out. Go make more fire.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By daiphyer

@Joeyoe31: No, I've been following it pretty closely for the past two months, but I still don't have any ideas about what goal you're trying to achieve, or if there isn't even any objective, and it's pure survival.

Demon's Souls was easier to understand because you had worlds, and the bosses at the end. Much more straight forward.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By bushpusherr

I did pretty much everything I saw to do (killed the optional boss's like the hydra and what not). I didn't do a whole lot of PvP stuff just cause my level was too high right out the gate I think. Also, this was my second character. Messed some things up with my first dude about 13 hours in and restarted. Got back to that point in about 5 hours, so that cut some time off.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By Timing

Yeah, yesterday. Fifty-ish hours I think, level 78? I got the normal ending too, which is... minimalist. Currently going through NG+ in hopes of finding covenants and weapons I missed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.