Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Black Hydra ran away (Ash Lake spoilers)

Lathariel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lathariel

Just like the 1 arrow Red Dragon kill (that happened to me too) the Black Hydra at the Ash Lake just decided to die by itself. After 2 or 3 unsuccessful attempts at killing it, I just ran past it and go to the dragon at the end of Ash Lake. I've cut the dragons tail and while returning the Hydra jumped across the sand and just disappeared, giving me 10k souls and 2 dragon scales. It was bored I guess..

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By envane

lawl anticlimactic

Rendarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rendarag

Yeah when I joined the covanent I walked out of the tree and instead of a hydra got a bunch of souls and dragon scales. Maybe it's just there to guard the covanent.

CitizenSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By CitizenSlug

Yup, the Hydra on mine killed itself as well. I too tried several times to kill it and being unsuccessful I just ran towards the other side. Once I made it to the other side I had hardly any health left so I healed up while it continued shooting at me. Waiting for it to pursue me, and not knowing what was inside, I just sat still while letting the tree block all of its shots. It eventually gave up, I guess, and jumped to it's death.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By dillonwerner

Happened to me too, except, I was just wandering around not even knowing there was a Hydra, then it spawned so i booked it as far away as I could and it died. Kinda made me mad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.