Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Have you ever encountered a Vagrant?

• 59 results
    Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Sterling

Poll Have you ever encountered a Vagrant? (245 votes)

Yes - Good Vagrant 6%
    Yes - Evil Vagrant 9%
    Yes - Red Good Vagrant 4%
    Yes - Red Evil Vagrant 12%
    Yes - More than once 10%
    No 37%
    WTF is a Vagrant? 31%
    Praise the Sun! 19%

Its been a while since I have seen one. Saw my first red evil vagrant tonight. If you don't know what they are you can read about them here. The only one I have never encountered is the red good vagrant. And I have only ever encountered the other three once a peace. And those were all in different versions of the game.

Here are what they look like:

Evil Vagrant
    Red Evil Vagrant
    Good Vagrant (drift item)

I hope they have more odd ball stuff like this in DSII. But hopefully they are more powerful enemies that give better loot. They are not very powerful, and are some what rare. Or at least they used to be. They seem to appear more in the Prepare to Die edition.

• 
    Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that video is large enough.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

that's one huge thumbnail

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Had just loaded my save up at the Bonfire in Anor Londo when I was one-shotted by a Red Evil Vagrant.

The only time I've seen one.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, so thats what those things are. In all the recent souls resurgence I decided to replay ds again and was kind of surprised when I encountered about 3 of these guys in the span of about a weekend, I had never seen them in my previous 2 playtroughs and didn't know what they were.

I'm curious to know if these enemies were in the game from the start though or if they were patched in later? I played the game right at launch and continued till I completed my new game+ run (with timeout for skyrim ps3 edition so... not that long), but I played mostly offline at the time and seeing as there is some online component to these dudes spawning I cant be sure that this wasn't the reason I hadn't seen them before.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was playing on 360, I saw a good one I think. On top of the tower with the crossbowman, before the stairs to Havel's door. I had no idea what it was, and have never saw another since.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Once in the painted world. I killed a crab-like creature before I even wanted to because I was distracted showing the game to a certain lady on a I-phone doing face-time, lol. It was red, but it didn't stand a chance, which bothered me.. I thought I had sinned and went to be forgiven, mistaking that for actually being guilty of Priscilla.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burgavo: They have been in the game since day one. They were just super rare up until the DLC patch. They have been much more common since.

Selidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found a Red Evil Vagrant in the Chasm of the Abyss. I assumed it was a normal enemy and that it would be the first of many I would find down there. Was curious why I only ever saw one, but I never looked into it.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I've seen two, I believe. One for sure. I'm pretty sure I've seen a good one at some point but I don't remember where. I saw an evil one recently on the invisible walkway in the crystal caves leading to the Blue Titanite Slab.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.