Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

help me figure out if I'm ridiculous stats wise.

BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BirthWild

so I'm level 35 now

vit - 16

attunement - 12

Endurance - 14

strength 22

dexterity 20

resistance 13

intelligence 13

faith 8

and I'm running around with a +2 shield and a +4 divine Halberd, I feel like I'm way to far behind myself, I just killed the hydra and tried going down to the drakes but they wyvern things were giving me trouble unless I run behind them and hit their backs while getting swept around with their wings and not getting hurt.

but yeah, I feel like my build has been messed up.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@BirthWild: That looks alright to me, nothing too bad. I would focus on getting your Vitality, Endurance, and then Strength or Dex up depending on the weapons you use. If you plan on going elemental (Lightning weapons etc, most people seem to find them to be the most effective, especially at lower levels), then just get your Vitality and Endurance up. You shouldn't be going to the Valley of the Drakes at level 35 I don't think. I'm 53 and still haven't been there yet.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@BirthWild: Don't Divine weapons scale with Faith? Might want to invest in that if you continue with that path, but you're best off transitioning to Lightning when it becomes available. Get more endurance, even if you don't want the super heavy armor you'll want some more Stamina. 22 str and 20 dex is enough to equip most of the weapons in the game that aren't unique or obviously meant for NG+ so unless you start using a normal weapon +15 or as high as you can get at the time I'd leave those two where they are.
    envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By envane

you seem to be doing fine if you killed the hydra already .. you will want more faith if you want the most out of you divine weapon , then possibly you wll want to pick up some useful miracles , that or ditch the divine weapon and get a lightning weapon as they seem to be perfect for any class , but youre doing amazingly well at such low soul level .. keep it up :D

youll probably want to decide if you want heavier armor or more plain reistance and/or vitality , and what kind of weapons you really want , strength based heavy weapons or dex based fast attack weapons

so far your build is fine tho

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MezZa

Looks decent enough. I would stop upgrading the divine halberd and get a new weapon. It scales off of faith and greatly reduces the scaling of other stats. That's very very bad considering you aren't a faith build. At this point it would be a bad idea to try and raise your faith enough to make it worth it. You'd be spreading out your stats to much. Your str and dex are being wasted by using a divine weapon.

Secondly, pick between str or dex. Don't raise them both up unless you need to meet the requirements of a weapon. Another option is to raise them both up to whatever requirements for your equipment (I'm guessing you've already hit that point) and completely forget about them for now. Make an elemental weapon, preferably lightning, and then pump vitality and endurance. You need way way way more endurance than what you have. Stamina is everything in this game. I cannot emphasize that enough. Later on in the game once you hit the point where points in endurance aren't beneficial to you anymore, then you can ignore it. Feel free to ignore the elemental suggestion if you want. I'm just suggesting what most people are doing now. If you want to be unique then go ahead and try your own ideas. The community won't evolve if people don't experiment a little.

BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BirthWild

aww man, thanks all for the knowledge I'm running around in the blight town now it's going swimmingly, I'll be applying this knowledge into my build now.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By xxizzypop

I'd say skip the drake valley for now until you can get a pretty snazzy weapon. That place was a bitch the last time I tried to venture through.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.