Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

hey guys. a little help.

brophdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By brophdog

So I'm about 20 hours into dark souls and I'm playing as a sourcerer. I just rang the first bell and now on not sure where to go. I fought the goat demon in the basement and defeated. So what's next?

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By bushpusherr

Head down the steps right outside the capra demon fight, and head around the curve. The Capra demon dropped a key to the sewers when he died, you can use that open the door down to the Depths, which will eventually lead to Blighttown and the second bell. Also, right outside the gate to the depths, there is an alternate path that goes up and leads to a shortcut back to Firelink Shrine.

Puflwiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Puflwiz

Just as the guy above me stated but if you want to completely skip blighttown and the depths (just because I personally think Blighttown is a terrible area) you can go through the Valley of The Drakes straight into the back entrance of Blighttown. If you have the Master Key of course, which you could buy from the Moss Merchant. You go down from Firelink Shrine and go down the elevator, after this go down the stairs and make an immediate right (If you want to get a firekeeper soul real quick go across the bridge. When you see the first ghost make a right and you will see an item at the end of a large narrow walkway. You will most likely die here) and go up the stairs at the end and unlock the door. Youw ill have to fight 3(?) giant kind of guys. After killing them go down the ladders and take the waterweel thingy down. after reaching the swamp floor make a left and you will see a Bonfire in a pipe. To your right is Quelaag's Domain and the second Bell. You just avoided nearly all of blighttown!

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mason

It might be late for you, but here...

Yeah, you want to ring the second bell, which is underground (according to that NPC sitting near the first bonfire ... pay attention to NPCs). Just go down that locked door around the corner from the Capra Demon.

Some people like to skip the depths and most of Blighttown, but I'm not a fan of doing that on a first playthrough. Why cheat yourself out of the experience the developers intended? Blighttown is good training for learning patience and observation, which you'll need going forward. Just take your medicine. It's good for you.

Before you head down (apologies if you've done these already)...

• You're a sorcerer, so make sure you free the sorcery teacher locked behind a locked door in the lower undead burg (near the big street fire). He'll show up at Firelink Shrine. Buy some spells to improve your arsenal.
    • Make sure you have some purple moss (both kinds). You can farm them from the trees in the forest, or just buy from the undead merchant lady in the aqueduct.
    • Also make sure you have at least one purging stone (2 if you can afford it). You might need it. The merchant above sells them, but it's cheaper if you buy from the NPC in the church bell tower.
    • After you clear the first area of the depths (room with big meat cleaver hollows), you should find a "large ember" and rescue an NPC in a barrel. You may want to head back up to Firelink Shrine one more time to get a pyromancy flame and spells from that (comes in handy for some enemies who are resistant to sorcery). You also want to take that ember to the Andre the Blacksmith. He can upgrade your weapons past +5. Do so, if you've got the upgrade stones.
    Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Chummy8

Good job on ringing the bell and beating Capra. The Capra demon ALWAYS gives me trouble. Even in the NG++

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

@mason said:

• After you clear the first area of the depths (room with big meat cleaver hollows), you should find a "large ember" and rescue an NPC in a barrel. You may want to head back up to Firelink Shrine one more time to get a pyromancy flame and spells from that (comes in handy for some enemies who are resistant to sorcery). You also want to take that ember to the Andre the Blacksmith. He can upgrade your weapons past +5. Do so, if you've got the upgrade stones.

Make sure to ROLL into all the barrels in the barrel-filled room. Otherwise you might aggro the NPC.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Opus

@TekZero: That lovable bastard, it's hard to forget a boss when your first encounter ends with him crushing you in three seconds.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Lukeweizer

... I'm so scared to start playing this game.

brophdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By brophdog
    @mason thank you. I blew past the sourcery trainer and was getting messed up in undead burg. I leveled my flame up to 5 bit it wasn't that useful down there.
    mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mason

If you have no plans to be a combination pyro/sorcerer, well yeah leveling up your flame is a waste of souls. I just always find it useful to grab the flame and a couple of the cheaper spells to make farming slimes in the Depths efficient (they drop large shards and green shards & fire's the only thing they're weak to).

It's also useful for using the "power within" pyromancy you find in Blighttown, which is useful for every class and build, even if you don't put any souls into pyromancy. It's especially great in combo with sorcerers using magic weapon spells.

brophdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By brophdog

Can I even level up my staff?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ripelivejam

@TekZero said:

Good job on ringing the bell and beating Capra. The Capra demon ALWAYS gives me trouble. Even in the NG++

i don't know how it happened but i beat him on my first attempt. pretty sure it's entirely luck. edit: and lots of firebombs.

still frustrated with it and honestly believe it's pretty cheap but i may keep plugging along with it, if only for the menacing atmosphere it creates. i really think this game is just a way for egotistical gamer br0s to flex their bravado and belittle less hardcore players. but i'll keep giving it a shot.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

@brophdog: Nah, Sorcery scales entirely off of your intelligence. Just check the Magic Adjust stat on any new staffs that you do find; higher is better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.