Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I just killed the red dragon on the bridge.... with one arrow.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By jacdg

So I think I just discovered a glitch, the red dragon on the bridge can apparently be killed with one single arrow, and thus earning me 10.000 easy free souls. I'm actually kind of bummed I did this, because this game is mostly about challenge and amazing boss fights, and doing something like this removed some of that aspect. But if you'd like to know how, just after you kill the 3 rats underneath the bridge, climb up the ladder and continue up the stairs, there should be a knight there, after you've killed him, just find a place where you can see the dragon, then shoot him, boom, he dies. Be sure to get the Drake Sword first if you want that.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Yup. The dragon is kinda glitchy. Sometimes is just gets stuck in the bridge and dies that way.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Hooded

My red dragon commited suicide. After killing Capra Demon, I walked up to the bridge and all of a sudden I turn towards the bridge and he explodes into a bright white light. 10,000 Souls my way. I already had the sword luckily.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By WickedCestus

I went to the top of the tower a couple times but could never see him. I dunno why.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By RadixNegative2

I went up there. I don't see him.

FUMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FUMN

@ashkanhoss29 said:

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

Same story got up the tower, couldn't see him. Any special trick to getting him to show up?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jimbo

Nice shot, Bard.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By jacdg

@FUMN said:

@ashkanhoss29 said:

@Ferros said:

Same story got up the tower, couldn't see him. Any special trick to getting him to show up?

You guys playing on PS3? Maybe they've patched it, because I don't think Xbox has gotten one yet, but I think PS3 has.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@JacDG said:

@FUMN said:

@ashkanhoss29 said:

@Ferros said:

You guys playing on PS3? Maybe they've patched it, because I don't think Xbox has gotten one yet, but I think PS3 has.

Isn't the spawn random? From what I've read on threads about this dragon, it seems like it appears randomly.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mars

@JacDG said:

@FUMN said:

@ashkanhoss29 said:

@Ferros said:

Couldn't see him in 360 version.

Evan223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Evan223

"If you do not see the Hellbound/Hellkite Wyvern from the Black Knight tower, it is because you have not yet defeated the Garden/Forest Butterfly boss. Once you do so, you will be able to see and shoot the wyvern from the tower."

From the Dark Souls wiki.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Sounds Awesome.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Evan223 said:

"If you do not see the Hellbound/Hellkite Wyvern from the Black Knight tower, it is because you have not yet defeated the Garden/Forest Butterfly boss. Once you do so, you will be able to see and shoot the wyvern from the tower."

Bullshit, because I couldn't see him and I have beaten the butterfly. This game seems like it has even more weird mechanics like this than Demon's Souls did.

Evan223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Evan223

@xobballox said:

@Evan223 said:

Bullshit, because I couldn't see him and I have beaten the butterfly. This game seems like it has even more weird mechanics like this than Demon's Souls did.

I'm guessing with the game being as new as it is that alot of things will still need to be varified.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Klaimore

Wow I was just about to post if this happened to anyone I did the exact same thing shot him once and he died. I wonder if we would have encounter him later on.

FUMN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FUMN

Nevermind! I took a second but I went back up and went to the place where the wall is broken. If i angled my camera to the left I saw him just sitting chilling like a boss. Shot 1 arrow and he flew somewhere. about 30 seconds later I heard him roar and I got 10000 souls. So it is possible in 360 version.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Was it a... Black arrow?

@Jimbo said:

Nice shot, Bard.

Damn you for getting there first, damn you.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Darkstar614

My question is: Do you fight this thing legitimately at some point? or is this just the way you defeat him? It seems kind of cheap, but if that's what they intended for you to do then whatever. I just assumed it was a super-late game boss.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Evan223 said:

@xobballox said:

@Evan223 said:

I'm guessing with the game being as new as it is that alot of things will still need to be varified.

Yeah, for sure. Also, I didn't mean to come off as hostile. Just realized I sort of did with the way that was worded.

genews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By genews

@supermike6: Did you go into the courtyard with the bonfire immediately inside the gate under the hellkite dragon before going up to the dark knight's tower? If so, this could be why you didn't see the dragon. I could be wrong, but I think that the dragon flies away when you enter the courtyard. It does return, though, if you step out onto the bridge again.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By WickedCestus

@genews: Is that the courtyard behind that gate that's right next to the Black Knight's tower? I didn't even know I could get in there, since the gate's always closed :/

I've been up the tower on multiple occasions and I've never been able to spot the dragon, even though he's still there whenever I step onto the bridge.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#23  Edited By Mento  Moderator  Online

Yep, dunno when, but they fixed some of the glitchier ways to kill old Bridgey. They prevented you from shooting him from the tower and are also preventing you from shooting him hella full of arrows in a safe, cheap fashion, since his health eventually stops dropping around the 2/3 full mark (well, he's actually healing himself). Looks like I'm going to get incinerated a few times if I want to drop that thing.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Turambar
    @Evan223 said:

@xobballox said:

@Evan223 said:

You can't see him because he flies away once you get past him.  You have to rest at the bonefire at the Parish blacksmith, and go backwards.
    quirkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By quirkwood

@Darkstar614: I am pretty sure he can be fought legitimately, however I don't think you ever have to if you don't want to.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#26  Edited By Mento  Moderator  Online

The Parish bonfire doesn't work (the one in Andre's tower), you have to go all the way to the Darkwood Basin bonfire to get it to work. There's a quick way, but you need the key you find after the butterfly and you also have to beat Havel. If you're at the point where you're killing Black Knights, though, he shouldn't be too tough.

It's a weird glitch all right. But that self-healing thing the drake does wouldn't make a fair fight with him easy.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Syndrom

still works on the 360, wasn't there firtst, went to kill butterfly, was there then, shot him once and then he flew away, a short while later i heard his growl and got 10k souls

Red_R0B0T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Red_R0B0T

Yeah if you want him to show up, head down to the door Havel was guarding, enter Darkroot Garden (just go far enough til the title card saying the zone name pops up), then run right back to undead parish, head to the afformentioned tower with the black knight, and have your one arrow ready.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@JacDG said:

@FUMN said:

@ashkanhoss29 said:

@Ferros said:

Isn't the spawn random? From what I've read on threads about this dragon, it seems like it appears randomly.

Nah once you kill the Capra Demon then you can walk up to the tower and you will be able to shoot the dragon for 10k souls. Kinda stupid and glitchy but yeah you can only see him once you kill Capra at least on the 360.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By aleryn

Awesome, will try it next time I play. Thanks.

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

@Jmangino: I haven't killed the Capra demon and I've killed the dragon now. The appearance is seemingly random from everything I've read and I'd definitely chalk it up to being a glitch because when you shoot the dragon it disappears, it doesn't disintegrate in the same way other bosses do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ferros said:

@Jmangino: I haven't killed the Capra demon and I've killed the dragon now. The appearance is seemingly random from everything I've read and I'd definitely chalk it up to being a glitch because when you shoot the dragon it disappears, it doesn't disintegrate in the same way other bosses do.

Oh my mistake, I read somewhere on the wiki or maybe it was just a post that it happens after the capra. I guess it is completely random. Personally I kind of wish you could actually fight it instead of 1 shotting it.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nux

I made it to the other side of the bridge and he just flew away.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Monopolized

@Darkstar614: you can actually defeat him quite early on if you use Gold Pine Resin on a spear or any weapon you have, you just need to get him to drop down and get behind him, he has a hard time turning around.

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By StingerMK2

i saw a guy doing a speedrun of the game and he killed the dragon legit using a handaxe in 2 hands, pretty impressive stuff

Floope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Floope

That means you win at Darksouls.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By envane

@Darkstar614: no .. you can fight him on the bridge and he has some close range attack patterns .. but its out of the league of a normal character to kill it like that till much later ..

just like in demons souls , it serves as a large trap feature , you can kill it for extra bonuses , but its not considered a "boss"

@StingerMK2: that guy just chops the tail off and gets the drake sword that way , he doesnt KILL the dragon

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.