Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

just got the lord vessel...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Animasta

where the fuck do I go, as far as I can tell there's four ways for me to go but I'm not sure which way is the easiest way...

Anor Londo

Demon Ruins

actually I only know of the two, I don't know where those other two are...

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By envane

you can either have it spoiled for you or you can find out yourself .. but youre not too far from finding out yourself ..

The areas and bosses are ,

Dukes archives and Crystal Caves , so you can kill seath the scaleless .. the archives are off to the left when you first entered anor londo , before heading down the spiral elevator etc..

Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith , beneath quelaags domain , the boss is called Bed of chaos , but there are several other bosses in the demon ruins that you have to deal with.. also joining the chaos servant covenant and donating 30 humanity opens up a shortcut into lost izalith but is not required to complete this part.

New londo Ruins and The Abyss , so you can kill the 4 kings of new londo , but to even enter the abyss without dying , you will need to kill the great grey wolf Sif , and get the ring "Covenant of Artorias" from her .

Tomb of the Giants , where you will kill Gravelord Nito , beneath the catacombs and past the pinwheel boss

you were pretty close

Hotsauceao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hotsauceao

Anor Londo (Duke's Archives) can be tricky, you also can't warp out so if you do get frustrated there's no way pick one of the other paths first. It isn't particularly difficult, but a lot of people tend to get lost at some point. Pretty easy boss.

New Londo Ruins is probably the easiest area. I had purchased a few Transient Curses before I tackled this area, I didn't end up needing them but I would suggest buying a couple from the female undead merchant in Undead Burg's aqueduct just in-case. One of the harder bosses in the game, though there is a strategy that makes the fight unsatisfying easy.

Demon Ruins (Lost Izalith) is pretty easy, just bring a lot of arrows. Easy boss.

Tomb of the Giants (Area after Pinwheel in the Catacombs) is really, really annoying. There is a helmet you can pick up in Lost Izalith (Sunlight Maggot) that will help, and I strongly recommend getting it before going here. Easy boss, if you've got a Divine weapon or some decent magic.

In terms of difficulty for the areas, in my opinion: Tomb of the Giants > Duke's Archives > New Londo Ruins > Lost Izalith

In terms of difficulty for the bosses, in my opinion: New Londo Ruins boss (legitmate) > Duke's Archives boss > Tomb of the Giants boss > Lost Izalith boss > New Londo Ruins boss (cheese strat).

I didn't find any of these bosses as difficult as I did Ornstein and Smough, however.

Pick which sounds best for you. I would really recommend Lost Izalith before Tomb of the Giants though, that helm will do a lot.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Hotsauceao: @envane: Do I have to get access to the shortcut to lost izalith to get the helm? I was searching for the thing in Demon Ruins*SMALL SPOILERS* (Killed up to the Centipede Demon and didn't see anywhere else to go) and couldn't find it, so I went back to Tomb of Giants. Died by falling again. Fuck that place without light. Anyways, I then went online and someone put on a wiki that you need to get the short cut to izalith (by being int the chaos covenant or whatever) and kill enemies on the short cut to get the maggot helm thing. Is that right?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Whatever you do don't talk to Framps, you will never be able to join Darkwraith if you do.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By envane

@xobballox: i did activate the shortcut to kill the bugs and save solaire, so that may be it .. theres a light spell and also the skull lantern that you get in tomb of giants , that will help with that area heh if you cant find the sunlight maggot

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shirogane

@Hotsauceao: Whoah, there's a Four Kings cheese strat? Ok, what is it, tell me, cause i seriously hate that boss fight, stupid DPS race....

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Shady

I'm guessing using Iron Flesh might be the trick.

Avatar image for thehermaeusmora
    TheHermaeusMora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheHermaeusMora

@xobballox: you should have a ring of lava resistance which you need to cross the lava lake alive, besides those giant monsters. there is 1 final boss for this area

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheHermaeusMora: I got across the lava lake by just tanking the damage and using a bunch of flasks, I didn't find an entrance though... I saw a door-way looking thing with dirt in it with a crack down the middle, I tried hitting that in case it was a fake wall but that didn't work. To the left I saw what looked like possibly a small cave, but didn't investigate because it just looked like it was most likely a small concave part in the wall. Edit: Thanks for the advice, by the way. I'll go back in tomorrow to try to find it if you don't get to reply to this.

Avatar image for thehermaeusmora
    TheHermaeusMora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheHermaeusMora

@xobballox: well there is a short tunnel which leads to a path up the cliffside. it will be along the wal lstraight across the lake from where you enter the open area but off a little to the right

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheHermaeusMora said:

@xobballox: well there is a short tunnel which leads to a path up the cliffside. it will be along the wal lstraight across the lake from where you enter the open area but off a little to the right

Ok, thanks dude.

Hotsauceao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hotsauceao

@xobballox: You don't need the shortcut to get the helm.

@Shirogane: Two-hand your highest sustained DPS weapon, equip some high poise armor, and just unleash on whichever king is up at the time. Use the time that your stamina is drained to swig on Estus Flasks.

I used Gravelord Sword +4 and the Havel's set, made it really easy. Shady mentioned Iron Flesh which should help a lot, I had accidentally killed the trainer who teaches it to you so I was unfortunately without the spell for my playthrough.

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By McQuinn

@Hotsauceao said:

In terms of difficulty for the bosses, in my opinion: New Londo Ruins boss (legitmate) > Duke's Archives boss > Tomb of the Giants boss > Lost Izalith boss > New Londo Ruins boss (cheese strat).

The Lost Izalith boss is by far the easiest. Shoot a couple arrows and hit hit it once.

@Animasta: I suggest New Londo. Also, Lost Izalith before Tomb of the giants so you can pick up a chaos maggot helm.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.