Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

New Dark Souls Preview.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

From Famitsu: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201103/03041005.html 

• There will be bonfires in the gameworld. These will heal players and act as checkpoints. Finding bonfires is key if you want to explore everything.
    • There are environment-specific moves. For example, if you're above an enemy on a ladder, you can kick him down.
    • There's an "iron body" magic in the game that makes you extremely slow, but also immune to staggering (and possibly damage -- I'm not sure whether that's the case).

That's all the worthwhile stuff I could find, but it would be cool if someone fluent in Japanese could check the article out and see if I've missed anything important.
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By buft

cool find

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By VWGTI

I'm really excited for this.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I have no Japanese, but yeah, game looks great. I'm looking forward to it.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

I'm still digging the art style.   A fantasy setting doesn't have to be cartoony.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By metalsnakezero

What is that thing!?
     What is that thing!?

Yo, zombie dragons
    Yo, zombie dragons

O_o
     O_o
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate

Those pictures.... holy shit 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

The game looks brighter and more vivid in comparison to DS but it's still has that Gothic look to it so that's awesome. All in all the more I hear and see about it the better it gets.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60

Checkpoints that heal you fully? I DON'T LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @CL60 said:
    " Checkpoints that heal you fully? I DON'T LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING. "
    Where is it going?  It seems that the checkpoints are in the areas between the dungeons.
    Dr_VonBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Dr_VonBoogie

I WANT MOUNTS DAMMIT!

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By animateria

Horseman summons of the signal fire system & the black iron is ascertained  Preponderant support was received from the user which gazing/hoping desires RPG which has chewiness, not only Japan hit was recorded in the world 'Demon' s Souls ([demonzusouru])'. That staff is furthermore the new work action RPG which is sent out to world with the big scale 'DARK SOULS (dark Seoul)'. This time, strategy with the important system and the situation and the battle which are ascertained anew, furthermore it keeps introducing the enormous boss monster and the field etc which can be searched. Utilizing entirely, challenge any which it can utilize to the fight.  

- System “signal fire” of attention  This work which keeps searching immense field. The signal fire which traveling first it can utilize as base (the linking [bi]) has scattered, furthermore to be deep to search becomes possible by the fact that you find that. The signal fire, when breath becoming extinct midway, is the place of re-start, is the place of HP recovery. In addition, at the time of online play, illusion of the other prayer is visible, it seems. 

- Summons horseman of situation “black iron of attention”  The horseman who wraps the body in the profound armor of the black iron, shakes the large sword without the element [tsu] air. That natural shape is the same standpoint as the prayer and it is NPC “of the immortal person who curses”. With this work, summoning such NPC, there is a scene which together challenges to the powerful opponent, it seems. As for the situation which summons because it is limited, is not the case that it can be called with always, but it just can fight with the character by your as a friend, heart it is rather strong.    

- Kick from the strategy “ladder of the wise person and drop”  Wide topography and narrow place ....... Sort of previous report, various topographies appear in this work. It is it utilizes with any topography, would like to advance fight even a little profitably. For example, case the enemy chases the occasion where it has risen the ladder, you will kick directly and dropping probably. 

- With strategy “magic of wise person in body of iron”  The scene where the soldier uses “the body of the iron” of magic. The body like the iron becoming hard, because it becomes heavy, receiving the attack of the enemy, there are no either times there are no times when you stagger, strike and are defeated. But, the speed which moves reaches lowest level. Magic utilizes thinking of using.  

- The heroical fight which does not make either aggressive breath pierce waits  First the instant which was seen, may be beaten by the desperate impression the aggressive scene of the enemy of the boss class which becomes will be introduced. As for continuing long traveling, suffering hardship and arriving and having expected first being enormous, atrocious enemy ....... Venture of this work should face with suitable preparedness. 

- What is discovered with the field which search it makes and is packed whether!?  The unique area which forms the big world. The protagonist, while searching those one one, keeps aiming toward distant area. The enemy and the setting up which parallel to theme in every area are prepared generously, there are no times when search is deep, grows tired.  

Man, I love Babelfish... Not because they do a good job, because they make it sound so hilarious. 

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By mordukai
    @Icemael: Cool thanks bro. Have been on a Demon's Souls binge lately. Can't wait for Dark Souls. 
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Icemael
    @CL60 said:

How is this different from in the first game? After every boss you got healed, and after every boss was an Archstone (i.e. checkpoint). The only difference now is that you get healed when you reach the checkpoints, not the moment the bosses die. And there might not be a boss fight before every bonfire, since this is an open world game and all.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CL60
    @Icemael said:
    " @CL60 said:

How is this different from in the first game? After every boss you got healed, and after every boss was an Archstone (i.e. checkpoint). The only difference now is that you get healed when you reach the checkpoints, not the moment the bosses die. And there might not be a boss fight before every bonfire, since this is an open world game and all. "
    I like how you assume I can read Japanese, and can read everything else about what you've posted. All you posted is "Checkpoints are bonfire that heal you"
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Icemael
    @CL60:  I didn't assume anything. You had all the information I had.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.