Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Question about White Summon Stone

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By senorfuzzeh

Alright, So I am currently In my human form and I've walked around for a long time looking for white summon signs to join other peoples game and I havent seen sqwat, Even in a few areas I've put down my own summon sign and just sat and waited but nothing.

Is something wrong? I know Im online because I keep seeing messages and bloodstains.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By senorfuzzeh

What are some of the more common locations I could find someone?

And if the systems not very good I hope Namco is planning on updating it soon.

Rizaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rizaun

I usually see them before boss fights. I always leave mine just outside of Ornstein's fight while i'm farming the 2 warriors.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Near bosses is the most obvious spot.
    Try restarting your game (back to dashboard/etc) and hope your game joins another server/lobby which is more populated.
    My game ain't crawling with summons or messages but I tend to have more luck during peak hours.
    Instead of my normal routine of playing this at night (even tho its the perfect game for it).

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By senorfuzzeh

Alright thanks! Is there a level gap you have to be between?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By cornbredx

@senorfuzzeh: I think it's 10%. And ya good luck, the summons fail a lot. It took me forever to summon someone yesterday, did it 5 times and they all failed until the 6th one that actually worked. Not sure whats up with that.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By benjaebe

@senorfuzzeh said:

Alright thanks! Is there a level gap you have to be between?

Supposedly they have to be within 10% of your level and you have to not have beaten the area boss yet. I've had level 60 people join my game when I was in the low 50s though, so it does reach outside that 10% on occasion. Being in a covenant that groups members closer like Warriors of Sun, Princess Guard and Way of White also helps. Always look near bonfires, at the start of an area or outside the boss room since that's where signs are most likely to be found.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @senorfuzzeh:  Try before the bell bosses. Also in sens fortress. I mustve summoned 4 or 5 people there
    supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By supamon

I got summoned 5 times in a row outside the sen's fortress boss. Less than five minutes waiting time after killing the boss and setting down a new summon. Think I was level 40+ then.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By senorfuzzeh

Alright thanks again all you random strangers!. I've never actaully even seen another summon sign. Do you have to be human to see them and join another persons game? Or need an item?

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By jacksukeru

@senorfuzzeh: Yes you need to be Human to see other's signs. You also need to be within 10% of whoever put the sign down's level, and you need to not already have killed the boss.

@TaliciaDragonsong: I don't think you need to restart your game, according to some guy in a thread a while ago every time you put down your summoning sign it will turn up on a different lobby. apparently two friends were able to play together by having the summoner continually put down his mark until it turned up on the other players server.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gargantuan

I don't think you can see other peoples signs when your own sign is on the ground.

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

i get the exact same problem! i liked demon souls more :(

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By nohthink

@senorfuzzeh: In order for other people to see your sign, they have to be human, which the game NEVER tells you and you need to be around your level. If you wanna increase your chances, put the sign right before or right after you kill the boss. The chances are, people around your level will be trying. Also, if you do not get summoned in about 15 minutes, try it again. The multiplayer in this game is broken. Not a big deal and it is not your fault.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@nohthink: I've got it to work now. I didn't know I had to actually put down my own sign and just wait to be summoned. I've been summoning and being summoned all day lol. Help me beat a bunch of bosses.

I've only had one discconnect while trying to summon someone. Still I wish they'd make this a little easier cuz Its alot of fun charging a boss with like 3 glowy blue guys with you.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nohthink

@senorfuzzeh: Yes definitley. The game does not tell you at all. Trust me, you're not the only one getting frustrated by that lol

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Azteck

I was hanging 'round the gaping dragon demon for a while, both with my sign down and looking for others. I found like 5 different ones in a tiny period of time, and all of them said "summoning failed" when I tried.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Azteck: Yeah I've heard alot of complains about not being able to summon. I heard if you don't put down your own summon sign it makes it easier to summon others.

Hopefully we'll be seeing an update for this soon cuz its alot of fun when it works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.