Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

What did you get done today?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#201  Edited By Jackel2072

well i died before i could get to the bound fire in blight town... thats what i did.

Giacomito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Giacomito

Beat the game yesterday! last boss was so much fun trying to figure out best way to beat him.

My tip. Don't be affraid to parry.

started my new game plus. damn it's way faster now, I rang the first bell within the first hour, compared to about 10+ hours my first playthrough.

Not really sure what changes in new game plus though, I thought the enemies would be harder? but they seem to be the same as in my first playthrough.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By zidane_24

Spent yesterday defending the forest and helping people out with Smough/Ornstein. I killed one guy in the forest and got 200,000 souls, then killed another and got 880,000(!!!) souls. Damn good day.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#204  Edited By Stahlbrand

Lots of stuff, but the biggie was NG+ battle with Smough and Ornstein. Couldn't get any good help, got PK'd a few times on the way there, and in the end spent about four hours trying and re-trying the fight while listening to the Octoberkast.

I had gotten Smough's soul in my first playthough, so I needed Ornstein to go super-sayan this time -- had to separation stone a phantom who was killing Ornstein while I was fighting Smough.

Also played with a punching wanderer alt a little.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Stahlbrand

@Giacomito said:

Not really sure what changes in new game plus though, I thought the enemies would be harder? but they seem to be the same as in my first playthrough.

vvait until you let mid-game enemies and bosses get a hit in on you. Their damage goes up alot, but their defense increases only a little, so kill them quick.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#206  Edited By Nadril

Yeah damage on them goes up a ton. 

Just wait until you get to four kings on NG+. You'll have fun there. 

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#207  Edited By Marz

at gwyn, farming chunks because i'm trying to upgrade weapons for achievements.   But killed seath and the four kings today.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#208  Edited By Hourai

Got from Darkroot Garden all the way to the dragon in The Depths. I'm dreading the fact the I have to go to Blighttown next.

Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Y

Today I got the final rare weapon drops I needed and it also gave me the platinum trophy. I got it during new game+++ (forth playthrough) as I messed up on one of my runs.

Ktargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Ktargo

After quite a terrifying run through the Depths, I started Blighttown today. Made it to the first bonfire without any problems. Went back and tried to jump across this gap to get some loot. Fell the first time, made it the second. Had a Iaito on it. Cleared on from there going down the many dead end paths for loot, grabbing a cool Eagle Shield on one, until I hit crossroads - one leading to a large demon mouth thing that I was clearly not going any closer to, one leading to a white fog wall, and one leading behind the demon mouth. I took the backside of the demon mouth and while going for a backstab, my guy decided to do a normal attack instead and I fell through the demon mouth onto the side where it could hit me and died fairly quickly.

On my way back, my Drake Sword's durability must have gotten super low because big red warning text appeared on my screen and I got an icon on my status bar that shows my sword with a red arrow pointing down. I assumed that meant my damage went down and indeed it did. I'm pretty damn far away from a blacksmith and foolishly didn't buy a repair box before my trip into the Depths. None of my other weapons are on par with the damage it does either, even while busted up (my Dex isn't high enough to use the Iaito properly). This may not be the right place to ask, but can I fix this situation somehow? Or is my only option other than trekking all the way back up to the blacksmith to just keep going and hope I can finish Blighttown with my weakened sword? I guess it would help to know how much more of Blighttown I have left. I'm only at the first bonfire.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By SpaceRunaway

Haven't played yet today but yesterday I

-Cleared through Blighttown. 
    -Met Ceaseless Discharge, and realized very quickly that I was not ready to fight Ceaseless Discharge.  The gold hemmed equipment is a godsend though.
    -Went around seeing if their was anywhere else I wanted to explore before Sen's Fortress
    -SAW A DRIFT ITEM!!!!!!!!!  And then it disappeared before I could do anything.  
    -Put on my Wandering gear and went to go see if I could do anything to that Red Drake yet.  Nope.
    -FInally picked up the treasure surrounded by all those ents and stone knights.  Elite Knight set?  I am a skin and bones graduate of the Vinheim Dragon Correspondence School of Beginning Sorcery, I can't do anything with this stuff.
    -Built up Ashtora's Straight Sword to +2 since I need some ghostbustin' weaponry.  And then I realized that my faith is still at its starting level and I can't wield it yet.  So I guess I'll wait to explore New Londo.
    -Most recently, farming the two lizard men in the entrance to Sen's Fortress.

Total Humanity Loss: 19

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still have a lot to do today ;) however taking a break to knock out some homework.

-Finally cleared all of the Painted world of Aramis. (Last boss was cake, but the stupid knight before her and the rolling skeletons blew my rage away)

-Got invaded in Anor Londo and raged..

-Got passed the 2 archers in Anor Londo with 2 flasks to spare.

-Got eaten twice back to back by 2 mimics :) than turned off my system but at least I got Havels set!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By TheHT

After taking a break to beat Uncharted 2 on crushing in preparation for UC3, I made it through Sen's Fortress this morning.

Not as bad as I thought it would be. Those snake guys are rough until you realize circling around and backstabbing makes short work of them. Traps were as bad as I thought. The roughest was definitely falling into the tar pit with those two giant demons and frantically rolling to the ladder. Also that sumbitch giant that throws massive firebombs.

I was caught in the blast of one about to die when trying to check out messages near some ledge. The message said 'down' but next thing I know there's fire everywhere and I couldn't even see what was down there. Finally after getting pushed by the fire though actively trying to reach it, I got to the edge and caught a glimpse of a balcony below. I fell and couldn't even see red on my health bar, but oh lawd, there was a goddamn bonfire waiting for me.

Then I sniped the firebomb giant and gave the boss a shot. He grabbed me and slammed me down, which killed me. But I was close enough to the edge of the boss fight area that my poor body fell off. Ah well, he didn't seem that hard. Just a matter of getting enough space that you can get around him.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By SpaceRunaway

So today I

-Farmed some rats in the Depths for Humanity
    -Went back to fight the Hydra.  Took off all but one of its heads pretty quickly the first time, and then drowned in the lake.  Since it went so well I kind of rushed it the second time and misjudged the distance of its lunging attack.  Dead, 6 Humanity permanently lost.  That stung a little.
    -Killed Hydra, Killed that other golem thing in the lake that unlocks Dusk, went into the forest proper for the first time by means of the basin and killed some ents and large cats.  Looked for the Forest Hunter covenant cat but had to cut my time short, as I was attracting a lot of unwanted attention.  Left the forest for the time being.
    -Started exploring Sen's fortress properly.  Dying a lot.  I'm okay with that.  I think I've reached the Dark Souls Zen state of mind.  

Other notes:  Lost about 30k in souls today over the course of playing

Total Humanity Lost: 26. Ouch.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#215  Edited By cornbredx

There may be spoilers in them texts- you been warned SIR or MADAM. 

Today first I helped some dudes kill the Iron Golem- I decided to do this first as doing so negates the loss of souls from getting help yourself so you end up getting more souls actually and I leveled up a lot because of that (which was secretly another reason I did it). Luckily, one of the dudes I helped was a strong pyro and after I helped him when I was ready to do it on my world he was there ready to be summoned and he helped me kill the dude finally (my attempts before that I got thrown off the ledge everytime! The hits didnt touch me but they throw you so far back you gotta be careful).

That was really cool, and if you're out there whoever you are (I know you're not) thanks a ton!

Then I saw the gold ring and touched it- at first I was terrified I activated another boss. Phew... only a ride to another area.

Anor Lando- I have heard of you. I noticed the giants didnt attack me in this starting area for some reason so I walked as close to the first one as I could to see if they were just blind.... they are.

Anywhos, I'm apparently awesome cus they were no trouble, just took some patience but fairly easy to take down.

Skipping ahead to interesting things, I discovered I needed to go through the chapel and fought some NINJA PRIESTS! Having to fight them is not difficult however you have to cross the rafters so they want to make that a pain.

After traversing the ceiling, and collecting tons of loot and finding the painting everyone talks about I fought some more giant tower knight guard things and some nasty gargoyles. Took on the pain in the ass archers with a strategy that isn't easy but makes it easiER. 

Anywho, after, being on the edge of my seat due to all the heights, near misses, and terrifying climbing I got inside the castle. Most annoying thing there is the cleric giants, but really it wasn't to bad. 
    I got invaded for the first time ever here, and the dude was super respectful and let me finish the titanite demon I was fighting before attacking me. We then fought and since I'm not big on PvP he kicked my butt. Well deserved I say and I bow to him. I was also happy to find you don't lose your souls and humanity automatically from losing- so I was double stoked as he got a reward and I didnt lose anything which made me happy. 

Anyway, all in a ll a very successful day. I opened the front gate and found the giant blacksmith here as well. Gonna do the boss(es) tomorrow. 

Souls lost- 0. I always get them back.  
    Humanity Lost- 0. I don't have much on me, but again, I always got my blood stain before dieing again so I never lost any souls or humanity. This is actually a first, as usually I lose several thousand souls and some humanity everyday. 

I LOVE ANOR LANDO =P 

TL:DR Then I cant be bothered to sum it up for you haha
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Turambar

Finally started my NG+ run.  Enemies seem to have the same amount of hp, but do at least 3 times the damage and give out 3 times the souls.  Bosses however did not, much to my chagrin.

- Ran the first bell within an hour.
    - Ran into an invader on my way down and I decided to finally test out Wrath of God.  Damage wasn't that spetacular, only 350 at 35 faith with an ivory talisman.  Enough to 3hit most people around my soul level, but it also only has 3 charges as it is.  
    - My screwing around got me killed, but death only makes me stronger, or something.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#217  Edited By pjacobson21

With my midterms more or less behind me and not much going on today I spent a lot of time playing.
    -got frustrated by those archers in Anor Londo so started leaving summon signs and helped people get through it and beat smough and ornstein (amazingly I always got by the archers as a phantom, never in my own game... may have been that the people i summoned into were just better at handling them than I was).  Beat S and O three times or so as a phantom before finally getting it done in my own world on the first attempt after being a phantom (with the aid of two very helpful summons)
    -discovered I had helped enough people beat bosses that Solare was willing to let me join his covenant so I joined, but then decided I would go check out this Darkroot farming exploit I've been hearing so much about.  After buying the crest, I farmed for maybe ten minutes tops before I realized it was too boring for how I want to play.  Not to mention that I am far enough into the game that an exploit for 6k souls isnt really as overpowered as it maybe would have been earlier in the game.  It was almost easier for me to fight the forest guys legitimately rather than use the exploit.
    -Left the warriors of sunlight and joined the forest covenant, haven't done too much with it yet.  I'm curious as to how it works, am I going to be too overlevelled to ever get called to defend? (i'm level 55ish)
    -Beat the Stray Demon.  I had fought him earlier in the game and after many failed attempts decided not to worry about this option boss.  This time around I assumed it would be easier because I have gained about 20 levels since my last attempts.  I was wrong.  Dude still was kicking my ass.  I was trying to melee him and it wasn't working too well so i tried ranged magic and it was also a fail.  But I was able to kill him on my first attempt using a close in magic strategy. Just stayed behind him casting great soul arrows from about 4 feet away, worked amazing!
    - Explored the painted world of Ariamis.  Made several successful corpse runs and managed to avoid loosing all my souls throughout the whole world. That, combined with the excessive amounts of soul drops in the level, made this a very beneficial side trip.  I made it to the first track back (unlocking the door to the start) on my own and went human to kindle the bonfire (est had been an issue).  Ended up summoning one of the most helpful phantoms I have ever summoned, I followed him through the remainder of the level and he didn't just take me to the boss, but to some of the notable loot spots in the level.  He even sent me a message after we defeated the boss saying good job. Man I love it when the online works in this game!

Easily the most Dark Soul's I've played in one day and I really accomplished a lot.

Rheinmetall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#218  Edited By Rheinmetall

I did some serious souls farming, leveled up a lot, upgraded to the end my Pyromancy Flame, killed the Four Knights, but ate dust in Duke's Archives. Huge frustration. At the end fortunately I escaped the damn place.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cleared the Undead Asylum Revisited on my alt.

Then died twice and lost 30k souls.

Fuck.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#220  Edited By Nentisys

Went to the catacombs, killed Pinwheel.

Farmed slimes in the swamp for titanite.

Went to Anor Londo. Killed Lautrec, forged Quelaaq's Furysword, upgraded it to +4, its pretty sweet. Called it quites when I got to the boss.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#221  Edited By krazy_kyle

Killed the two gargoyles and rang the first bell after trying out a number of classes to see which one I liked the most. Deprived FTW. Sorcerer is good too.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Jack268

Defeated Quelaag, got elite knight armor and started reinforcing it. Got to Sen's Fortress and realized that I'm fucked because of the drake sword not doing enough damage. Fortunately my pyromancy carried me to the large titanite shards so I'm gonna go back to the blacksmith and work on getting some lightning on a falchion.

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Hilikus

Farmed some Demon Titanite in Lost Izalith.

Crafted the remaining boss weapons that I could and got them to +5.

Took down the final boss and started up NG+, stopped after Capra Demon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Farmed slimes in sewer for +10 curved sword. Transformed that into Quelaaq's Furysword and upgraded it to +5

-Upgraded my Pyromancy from +5 to +11

-Killed the 4 Demon Titanite monsters in Sen's Fortress

-Finally killed both Ornstein and Smough

-Farmed souls in forest for a little bit to get about 3 levels to balance stats (about SL68)

-Killed The Stray Demon in Undead Aslyum

-Killed Great Grey Wolf Silf

-Ventured into The Hallows, and Into Ashlake to join the Dragon Cov

-Killed The Second Hydra

-Making my way into Catacombs now, at first bonefire just died from the faggot skeleton wheels near the blacksmith :(

Sure was a long day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played last night because I had to return to college. Got to the bonfire on the bridge in Blighttown. Only had a couple of hours to play it myself last night; spent the rest giving my cousin tips on a new file.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#226  Edited By bcjohnnie

Finally beat this goddamn game today... I took almost a week break once I reached the archives, came back today and pretty much rolled through Seath, set my shit in order, took out Gwyndolin for kicks, farmed the hell out of those knights in the last area for chunks, then beat Gwyn after 7 or 8 attempts. I'd love to say I learned all of his attack patterns and ground out a hard-earned victory against him, but what I really did was use iron flesh and parried the shit out of him. Still satisfying.

The real amazing part was going into NG+ and finding how easy that is at the beginning. Knowing what the hell I am doing, and having hell of upgraded weapons makes all that stuff so much easier to handle. Beat the gargoyles on the first try, rolled through Havel, the Hydra, glitched the red dragon, and re-joined the sunbros.

Anyway, had a lot of fun and frustration with this game, glad I got through it before Battlefield 3 arrived. If things get slow in a few months I may come back and try a sorcerer and pick up some more achievements.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By McShank

started on my first NG+ after beating it with 2 different characters. Cleared forest, taurus demon, capra demon, bell gargoyles, gaping, quelaag, hydra (Not ash lake one), killed red dragon on bridge, leveled my great black knight axe to +5, got 3 more achievments which leave me with a very few left to go till S-Rank, heading to sens fortress to murder me some more people.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#228  Edited By mrbubbles  Online

i just fired the game up for the first time got past the first boss fine and then got to the 2nd boss and died and got stuck for 3hrs trying to get back to it constantly dying and eventually i threw my controller which hit and broke the tv.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#229  Edited By Chummy8

In one stretch, I walked from the bonfire in Darkroot Garden to the butterfly and killed it. Then, I walked into the basin, got surprised by the black knight at the bottom and shoved my morningstar up his ass a few times. After that, I thought I'd take on Havel and see if he was as tough as they say. He has a weakness... he doesn't like it when you shove a morningstar up his ass. I also finished painting my deck (with a second coat). Pretty productive Sunday.

illegalnull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By illegalnull

Killed Lautrec and restored the Firelink Shrine bonfire.

Ran through the Painted World of Ariamis, got all the loot and killed the boss.

Put +4 into str. Now at 24str and looking forward to trying out Greatsword Of Artorias (Cursed)

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By donchipotle
    • Finally decided on a character to stick with after trying out most of the characters (Went with Warrior, focusing on a strength/vit/end build using greatswords)
    • Got to the first bell with little issue since I had done it about seven times before (due to trying out other classes)
    • Went through the Depths, took out the Gaping Dragon in one attempt
    • Killed the Moonlight Butterfly because Blighttown was making me upset with its verticality
    • Went through Blighttown and defeated Quelaag to ring the second bell
    • Defeated Ceaseless Discharge and decided not to go further into the Demon Ruins
    • Went back to the Darkroot Garden to see about taking on Sif, ended up getting invaded by members of the covenant. Took out many of them, finally got killed by a dude with lightning gloves
    • Defeated Sif after a few moments of trial and error involving me not timing my rolls correctly
    • Made it to Sen's Fortress only to find that my Claymore+7 is not doing the damage I would like it to do even though it is the best weapon I have
    • Died at Sen's Fortress

All in all I think it was a productive day.

Colemang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Colemang

said a lot of cuss words in blight town. 

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By dillonwerner

Beat Sen's Fortress, got to the Fatman boss..

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat the Taurs demon. Got the drake sword and a knight shield. Also killed the boar in Parish. 

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#235  Edited By cornbredx

I didn't get much done today- I wanted to join the dark moon covenant so I had to find that ring! 
    Which meant I had to go to the catacombs. 
    Honestly it wasn't as horrifying as I thought it would be, all be it a few times I lost my temper cus it was kind of cheap in a few parts and I didn't have a divine weapon so I was running to the necromancers or whatever so the skellies wouldn't respawn. 
    Anyway, I killed Pin Wheel (surprisingly easy to do) didnt find the ring I needed so I decided to farm some green titanite to to make a divine weapon. 
    Long boring part skipped I made a snake man great sword Divine +5 which is fun. Just needed something divine and honestly its actually better then the lightning spear on most stuff, just a little slower. 
    I went back to the catacombs, killed the demon for his titanite and got the ring finally. 

Went back to Anor Londo and joined the Darkmoon Covenant
    I'm done with the catacombs for now until I finish Anor Londo, then gonna go to the place behind that which is kinda terrifying as its so dark. Not looking forward to that. 

Just wanted to add, too. Supposedly you see Patches in the catacombs I guess? I never saw him. So, don't know what's up with that.  
    Also, I found a really weird glitch. I have had the Elite Knight Armor set but its invisible in my inventory. I can only see I have it when I try to feed it to the giant demon lizard head thing that's in Fire Link. Really weird. Luckily I have been wearing the helm so I can still see that in my inventory, but the rest of the set for some reason I cant see it when just looking in my inventory. Hard to explain, just really weird.

Colemang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Colemang

quelagg down.
    estus flasks +2 now.
    gear near huge dragon in drakeland pilfered.
    pyromancy glove upgraded 3 times to +7.
    three levels up i think.
    fed a bunch of junk to the weird creature at firelink.
    on the way to sen's fortress.

Awolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Awolf007

On NG+, hung out in Darkroot in human form taking on forest covenant members. Went about 10 and 4. I only had 4 humanities so I decided to continue after losing the last one. Then went on to beat the Hydra and had to stop to go to work.

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By McQuinn

My days are slow and consist of helping other people to raise my covenant. just two more fucking medals. Two more! GoD I hate the internet coding for this game. SOMEONE SUMMON ME!!!

PrixDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By PrixDante
    • Beat seath the scaleless
    • got to SL 74
    • Entered the catacombs, but I haven't found the blacksmith in there.
    • Found the darkmoon ring
    • Killed Pinwheel
    • Started my voyage down the tomb of giants (I wish I could see something).
    • Currently @ the second bonfire in the catacombs.
    • Considering heading back to demon ruins for demonite grinding and killing ceaseless discharge.
    Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

killed queelag

killed ceaseless

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#241  Edited By gla55jAw
    • Went to the Painting World
    • Killed Undead Dragon
    • Opened door back to bonfire
    • Hit SL 95
    SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By SpaceRunaway

This is a mix of yesterday and today, but I:

-Beat Sen's Fortress
    -Tried out PvE for the first time with the Iron Golem.  My first attempts were really embarrassing, involving either falling off or getting knocked off, but eventually I got going on a good run and picked up about 100k in souls.  This is the most I've had yet, and it was a very exciting time.  I picked up all of Logan's spells (even though I'm quite a long way from being able to use Soul Spear), plus some other rings and some general restocking of supplies.
    -Joined the Forest Hunter Covenant, and with it came my first taste of PvP.  After an hour or two of wearing the ring, I started being constantly summoned over and over, and getting wrecked each time, so eventually I took off the ring for the time being.  I haven't put any thought into PvP before this, and most of what I can do is best done at medium range.  Plus, I'm only around level 50.  Somehow managed to luck out with two wins, so that Fog Ring is almost mine!
    -Started exploring Anor Londo proper.  Defeated the Gargoyle for the second time.
    -Entered Painted World.  Cannot leave Painted World.  This is a little worrying.  Hope to escape with my 11 Humanity intact.

Total Humanity Loss:27

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By artelinarose

Joined the Gravelord Covenant today, got Soul Level 30, beat the first floor of Blighttown and got to the Catacombs boss.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Nadril

Yesterday night did a bunch of PvP on my then SL70 character. I'm SL110 (or so) on him now with enough souls to get to SL125 if I want. Yeah, I got around 2.5 million souls last night total through PvP only. 

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By McShank

Beat the game on NG+.. then platinumed it finally on NG++.. First time i have done so on any game I have ever owned.. And it was on a game some think of as to hard to even play.... man i wasted over 135 hours on 1 character.. damn i need to go take a walk..

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By donchipotle
    • Made it through Sen's Fortress
    • Got invaded in Sen's Fortress, my invader kept waiting for me to stand where the golem throws the firebombs, eventually rolled off and was easily backstabbed by my claymore
    • Entered Anor Londo and began to explore
    • Entered the Painted World and killed Priscilla because I don't trust ghost ladies with tails
    • Struggled with the archers in Anor Londo, eventually made it through via perseverance and rolling
    • Found the giant blacksmith and decided to call it back at the bonfire because killing silver knights was getting tedious

Reached S. Level 56 and feeling pretty good about that.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#247  Edited By Sessh

...I got quite a lot done today:

• Beat Smough & Ornstein. (SL 34)
    • Subsequently joined the Princess' Guard. Turned out pointless.
    • Beat Hydra and Ash Lake Hydra.
    • Joined the Dragon covenant instead. The dragon head's fun, but not really worth it.
    • Beat the Stray Demon, who for some reason got stock in a pillar right at the start of the battle and hence turned out to be a ridiculously easy kill.
    • Beat SIf. (He's real easy, especially if you just dance around the huge gravestone in the middle).
    • Went in the Painted World of Aremias, got everything you could get there (including, by chance, Priscilla's tail weapon), without dying even once. (Kinda confusing experience to be honest.)
    • Joined the Gravelord covenant and played around with it's invasion system for a bit.
    • Beat Pinwheel.
    • Fell of a ledge twice in a row immediately after entering the Tomb of Giants, since you just can't see shit in there. Quit at that point. (SL 48)
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#248  Edited By metalsnakezero
    • Killed the Moonlight Butterfly, burnt it to death.
    • Killed Havel and got his ring, burnt him too.
    • Killed the Hydra, a mix of slicing off the heads and arrows.
    • Killed a golden crystal golem and freed Dusk of Oolacille.
    • Bought everything from her.
    • Leveled up and called it a day.
    SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By SpaceRunaway

It's not really the end of the day, as I'm still playing right now, but I'm taking a quick break:

-Got out of the painted world.  JESUS.  This is the closest I think I've come to breaking down playing this game.  Those goddamn fucking skeleton wheels constantly tore me apart, even when using stronger armor and iron flesh I still got double teamed when they started dropping out of the ceiling.  I spent at least two hours just dying over and over again.  9 Humanity lost at once.  Eventually I found the hidden entrance to get behind them.  I didn't bother trying to fight Priscilla, because I felt kind of bad for her, and plus I just wanted to desperately get out of there.  Maybe I'll go back later on.
    -Back to exploring Anor Londo.  Just killed the knights and the imps(?) on the top level and then went down and lit the second bonfire, which is where I am while typing this.

Total Humanity Loss: 37

johe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By johe0

I got invaded in the Crystal Caves while I had the Dragon Head, so I just decided to dupe Prism Stones forever, he didn't attack me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.