Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

WTF White Soapstone won't summon D:

simpliztik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By simpliztik

Me and my friend are communicating through phone. He wants to summon me so I leave a white soap sign on the ground before a boss but he can't find it. So we tried near a bonfire and he still can't find it. We practically live near eachother and yet we can't find eachother's soapstones.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Living near each other won't do anything. There are so many variables that executing something like this is very difficult, if not impossible.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By matoya

What level are you both? Are you both hollow/human? What covenant are you in?

Etc

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ghost_cat

Dark Souls uses a different server system than Demon's Souls, so you might not even be on the same server as your friend.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Nate

Not sure, but I think some of this stuff is random. They can't possibly put up all the summon signs or you would see about 80 in one little spot from all the people playing it around the world. I'm not sure they're concerned with locality. It's probably more random, but again this is just conjecture.

simpliztik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By simpliztik

Damn this game. Would've been more fun with friends.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ghost_cat

@simpliztik: Maybe for some, but feeling of isolation and abandonment is definitely what this game is about.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Ghost_Cat said:

@simpliztik: Maybe for some, but feeling of isolation and abandonment is definitely what this game is about.

Yeah, I definitely feel like the "multiplayer" in this game has been designed to reinforce that feeling of despair and isolation. I know a lot of people probably wish they could co-op their way through the whole game, but I really respect From Software for refusing to compromise on their vision for this game and really maintaining the dark desperate tone and feel throughout.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By bcjohnnie

@simpliztik: Yeah, all we can say for now is that for the best chance at that working, make sure you and your friend are roughly the same level (~2-5 levels apart, depending on what level you are at now), and make sure you are both in the same covenant, preferably one of the "good" covenants that match players together (list here). But for the most part, they don't want you teaming up with friends to play this.

Eventually, someone will come up with a trick to make this work, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.