Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Your Covenant? (Spoilers)

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Timing

Edit: hm, I wanted this to be a poll, but the option never showed up. Anyone?

I'm wondering what everyone's covenant of choice is so far. For information about the covenants please see this page: http://darksouls.wikidot.com/covenants

I glanced over that page before I got the game and the Forest Hunter was the only covenant with a created page at that point, so naturally it caught my eye. I thought this name sounded cool and fitting for a Wanderer and I set out to join it if I could find it. So I declined to join the other covenants I found until that one, but of course I gave the wrong answer to the cat and then it wouldn't let me join no matter what I tried (stupid cat).

So after that I kept declining to join the other covenants I would find, until yesterday when I finally found and entered what sounded like the coolest so far: the Path of the Dragon.

You get two items when you join this covenant. The coolest one is a stone which transforms your head into that of a dragon when you use it. Then, by using the item again (it's unlimited use) you can breathe fire, which apparently becomes stronger if you increase your bond with the covenant. How do you increase your bond? By offering Dragon Scales. Where do you get Dragon Scales when they've run out? That's where the second item comes in. It's an eye symbol you place on the ground (like a white eye soapstone) and if someone in possession of a Dragon Scale sees it and interacts with it, you can invade their world in hopes of stealing the Scale. Now this sounds cool (and the award for offering 30 Scales sounds amazing) but unfortunately I can't see how it would work. Who in their right mind would voluntarily be invaded at the risk of losing a Dragon Scale? I don't know why you would accept this, but I'll keep placing these signs and we'll see what happens.

I also started a second character with whom I'm planning to join the Blade of the Darkmoon, just so I can righteously invade people without asking for their permission first.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By white

The one I'm eyeing at is the Darkwraith. The rewards look (just aesthetically) amazing. But it's soooo much work.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingzetta
    @White: I'd that you'd be the way of the white
    white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By white

@kingzetta: i c wat u ded thar

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By jimi

Way of the white at the moment only because knights start in it and I haven't got far enough into the game to discover many other ones (I just reached the depths).

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Nux

I joined up with the Way of the White as it is the first one you can join, but now I'm eyeing the Chaos Servant. Who doesn't want eggs in their head?

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By white

I feel so betrayed.

I joined up with Alvina, the talking cat and and devoted to being a loyal bitch. Even killed someone for her. But one fine day, after coming back from being summoned to defeat Sif, I found myself getting +2000 from walking on across a bridge. I thought to myself "Oh fuck, did a forest toon walked off a cliff?". Like sure enough, I talked to Alvina and she said I betrayed the clan. What the fuck?! I didn't betray no one. Your freaking mushrooms just walked right off!

I just... Urgh. I'm going to be hunted now aren't I?

EDIT: Also, I got a Sunlight Medal from helping some guy kill Sif - even though I'm not part of that Sunlight convenant.

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thor_Molecules

I'm currently considering the Warrior of Sunlight covenant, and the Way of the White covenant.

Partly because I just love the co-op in this game, and want to do it more often. Does anyone know if I can join both at the same time? Or do they have clashing interests?

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Nadril
    @White said:

I feel so betrayed.

I joined up with Alvina, the talking cat and and devoted to being a loyal bitch. Even killed someone for her. But one fine day, after coming back from being summoned to defeat Sif, I found myself getting +2000 from walking on across a bridge. I thought to myself "Oh fuck, did a forest toon walked off a cliff?". Like sure enough, I talked to Alvina and she said I betrayed the clan. What the fuck?! I didn't betray no one. Your freaking mushrooms just walked right off!

I just... Urgh. I'm going to be hunted now aren't I?

EDIT: Also, I got a Sunlight Medal from helping some guy kill Sif - even though I'm not part of that Sunlight convenant.

I'm in that covenant. Discovered yesterday I can hunt people who betray her when I wear the ring :D. 

Just that reason is why I'll probably stick with it, haha. 
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Joined the first one I could find, which was Way of the White. Probably a bad idea since I don't actually want to be a part of that at all.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By AlKusanagi

If I remember correctly, there's a NPC in the first belltower that will erase your covenant without replacing it with another if you want to get out of your current one.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MiniPato

I'm with the giant lady with the tits and the million messages saying "gorgeous view."

jmeister80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jmeister80

@Timing: I think that the way of the white and the warrior of sun light covenants are the best. However, it would greatly depend on what stats you like your character to have and what you want to do as far as online play.

jmeister80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jmeister80

@White: I don't mean to laugh at your expense but OMFG I about died after I read this!!! It was mostly the way it was written and I could definately feel your pain. After many posts like yours I have decided to review the covenants but not before joining one already which I knew nothing about. How foolish!

Still_A_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Still_A_Sin

I've got my eye on the Warrior of Sunlight. I want to throw those lightning bolts.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

No Caption Provided
    envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By envane

@LordXavierBritish: heheh jolly co-op

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I'm in Way of White. I don't fully understand what it does, but it's not getting me killed so I feel pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BulletproofMonk said:

I'm in Way of White. I don't fully understand what it does, but it's not getting me killed so I feel pretty good.

I think it just increases your odds of you matching up with players in that covenant, Princess Guard, and Warriors of Sunlight. Might also decrease chance of invasion from other covenants, idk.

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By McQuinn

Today I got to level one in sunlight warrior, chaos, and gravelord covenant just to get the spells. Wondering if I should get fog ring. :/

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By donchipotle

I am Darkwraith because god damn that blackhole shield looks so damn cool

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Turambar

I'm slowly making my way through each of the covenants getting their special magic spells.  Just have Gravelord, Darkmoon, and Dark Wraith left.  After I'm done with everything, I'll probably stick with Darkmoon,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.