Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island 2

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 21, 2023

The second mainline entry in the Dead Island franchise.

Dead Island 2 No Longer Being Developed by YAGER

• 51 results
    Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

From reading the description for the Dead Island 2 it seemed that they were intending the game to be an open ended style sand box game with infinite missions. This didnt actually sound that good for me because I liked the way that the original Dead Island told a story with a beginning and an end.

Also I think that Dying Light dramatically changed the expectations for the Dead Island 2. The game might not have been to everyones taste but I liked the game a lot. Especially the parkour at later levels was pretty amazing (especially when you upgraded your skill trees and just generally got better at it).

afields101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By afields101

wow thanks austin for bringing this to our attention, this sends up a lot of flags for me, I was waiting on this game after buying Dead Island on PS3 basically a week after it was released and being impressed by the manual combat system, I had high hopes for this sequel when it was announced. Now seeing this news has me thinking Dying Light was the sequel we had all waited for. However I'll keep holding out to see what the finished product is, for a long time I was thinking of picking up Dying Light on steam but I will wait for this to release to see what they have come up with. I'll only buy one first person zombie slaying game this time around and I am curious if Dead Island can turn this one around...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.