Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island 2

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 21, 2023

The second mainline entry in the Dead Island franchise.

Jack Black? Nope!

• 51 results
    crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@minipato said:

@crithon said:

there seems to be consistant theme of misdirection with all of dead island trailers.

In a world where Dead Rising exists, I can see them making a humorous open world zombie game. In terms of tone, Dead Island's story was faithful to its trailer. It was incredibly self serious to the point of boredom. Dead Island was different from the emotional trailer because of the very nature that it's a cooperative RPG about brutally mutilating zombies with crazy modified weapons, not because they weren't shooting for a serious tone. By it's very nature, it wasn't going to hit anywhere near the emotional beats of that trailer. Then again, I never really saw the big deal with Dead Island's initial trailer.

The only thing I would be worried about is that quality of the jokes won't be as funny as the trailer. Dead Island 2 was probably the funniest trailer at E3, more so than Sunset Overdrive's.

Actually a close friend of mine is a casual gamer, he though that trailer was a winner. I don't know why Dead Island has a fallowing, but yeah I'll just see it on steam friends and it's friends I know in person who don't play hardcore games just maybe 15 hours n Dead Island. I guess that's okay, just a definitive B Game that a lot of people skip altogether..... BUT HEY, one of my favorite game of all time is Zombie's Revenge.... and I can totally understand how people see that the same way I see dead island.

@hatking said:

@crithon: Definitely. I heard Yager took over a while back, but it totally slipped my mind. I got really confused when I saw this trailer, thinking Techland was working on two zombie games. A coworker set me straight. It's kind of weird though. Deep Silver owns Dead Island, but not Techland. So, they hired Yager to make the next Dead Island. Techland, I guess, wanted to make something new or maybe WB just wanted to have their own zombie thing now (who doesn't?). I mean, this is the type of shit that used to happen all the time. I didn't think these bigger independent studios still really existed. But maybe it's only a matter of time before Techland and Yager belong to some bigger company.

you know, looking up Dead Island, I had no idea there was a "Dead Island Epidemic." Man Deep Silver really is milking this franchise.... I guess they have to, just confusing who does what now. Even Call of Juarez is such an odd franchise and techland did all of them, even the Cartel? hmmmm, but then also who are Yager? Like wasn't Spec Ops handled by a variety of studios for THQ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.