Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Amazon pre-order bonus DLC delayed infinitely

Swick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Edited By Swick

So I pre-ordered Dead Rising 2 off of Amazon, and didn't really care about the DLC avatar outfits I was going to get. Obviously, these codes never came to me. As an apology, Amazon sent me this:  

Hello,

We’re writing again to let you know the pre-order codes for the Dead Rising 2 Avatar Outfits have been delayed indefinitely.

We’re very sorry about this.  To help make up for the disappointment, we want to offer a 50% off promotional certificate to use toward the purchase of the Xbox 360 version of Marvel vs Capcom 3 sold and shipped by Amazon.com.  Here’s your code:

Promotional Certificate Amount: 50% off Marvel vs Capcom 3 X360    

Not a bad deal if you asked me.
    Swick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Swick

So I pre-ordered Dead Rising 2 off of Amazon, and didn't really care about the DLC avatar outfits I was going to get. Obviously, these codes never came to me. As an apology, Amazon sent me this:  

Hello,

We’re writing again to let you know the pre-order codes for the Dead Rising 2 Avatar Outfits have been delayed indefinitely.

We’re very sorry about this.  To help make up for the disappointment, we want to offer a 50% off promotional certificate to use toward the purchase of the Xbox 360 version of Marvel vs Capcom 3 sold and shipped by Amazon.com.  Here’s your code:

Not a bad deal if you asked me.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Swick said:
    " So I pre-ordered Dead Rising 2 off of Amazon, and didn't really care about the DLC avatar outfits I was going to get. Obviously, these codes never came to me. As an apology, Amazon sent me this:  

Hello,

Not a bad deal if you asked me. "
    That's a great deal, that's one thing I love about Amazon, they really do take care of the customers.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By nintendoeats

but...what if I don't want MvC?...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee
    @nintendoeats said:
    " but...what if I don't want MvC?... "
    But everyone who liked Dead Rising 2 can't help but love MvC3!!!!
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tylea002
    @nintendoeats: If you're willing to trust, I'm sure you can look around places, maybe even THIS FORUM to find someone who does, and will be willing to pay you in, for example MS points, steam points, or some other form of currency. 

Hopefully.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nintendoeats

Sorry, I should specify that this doesn't actually affect me. I was just raising the point that a game specific coupon is unsatisfying. I assume that Capcom cut a deal with them or something, which I suppose is an improvement over getting nothing, but it still feels unpleasant...

Swick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Swick
    @nintendoeats said:
    Honestly I wasn't planning on getting it... now I have a pretty good reason.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By ajamafalous
    @nintendoeats said:
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nintendoeats
    @Swick said:
    " @nintendoeats said:
    Honestly I wasn't planning on getting it... now I have a pretty good reason. "
    Exactly. Now Capcom gets 30 additional dollars that they wouldn't have otherwise.
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By ReyGitano

I wish I had pre-ordered Dead Rising 2 from Amazon now. 50% off Marvel vs. Capcom 3 sounds sweet!

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Gabriel

Damn nice deal, and if you didn't want it I'm sure if you wrote to Amazon they'd work something out with you.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ch13696

That's definitely bad ass. Way better than how Gamestop is taking of their customers with pre-order codes. So far their are 3 games that people pre-ordered where there were no pre-order codes. I'm seeing this all on Facebook. Gamestop keeps telling people to check their receipts, but people are saying there are no codes on the receipts. Gamestop says to check with the store managers and apparently the managers can't do anything about it.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Diamond

That's an amazing deal for a game I actually want.  It works out for me but I have a real life friend who I suspect will be pissed.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By benjaebe

Well, damn. Wish I would've preordered from Amazon.

Swick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Swick
    @nintendoeats said:
    " @Swick said:
    " @nintendoeats said:
    Honestly I wasn't planning on getting it... now I have a pretty good reason. "
    Exactly. Now Capcom gets 30 additional dollars that they wouldn't have otherwise. "
    True, but that fact doesn't especially bother me. Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything at all. I could go on about the fact that I was probably not going to buy the game in the first place, but seriously, who really cares? People got something instead of nothing.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Not bad at all. 50% off is sweeeet. 
    When they couldn't give my 2 MP3s with DJHero 2 Pre-order I got a 10 dollar credit....way better deal.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Sin4profit

Yep, got the exact same thing and i'm in the exact same boat...didn't care about the preorder items, wasn't looking to get MvC3 but now considering it.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By ImpendingFoil

Well figuring that the legal text in all pre-order items say "can be canceled at anytime" "subject available to change" and a whole bunch of stuff where they legally don't have to give you anything it is REALLY awesome of them to give people half off on an upcoming AAA title like Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

I should have preordered.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @nintendoeats said:
    Exactly. Not everyone's a fighting fan.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By zidd

Too bad it only works on the 360 version. I wanted the ps3 version since I have a PS3 fightstick.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By Branthog

They just sent out the DLC codes tonight. Two of them, actually. One for male and one for female (what the fuck?). I'm much more interested in the discounts they gave during the delay, since I could not possibly fucking care less about anything on earth than Dead Rising clothing. Actually, I couldn't care less about Dead Rising, anymore, either.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Well, that's cool, but it would have been better if they let you pick the game, or at least gave you like 5 or so options to choose from. In your case, it works out. If it happened to me, I'd be writing them back.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I just got the email with my avatar clohting lol.
    so that's 10 dollars off a next purchase another 10 dollars off next purchase as an apology for the delay in the code, and now 50% off MVC3 for the 360...and now the actual avatar clothing...

by the way if there is anyone with a female avatar on 360 I have the female chuck green avatar clothing code I used the male already I cant use the female since I have no female avatar.
    so if any one wants the female chuck green avatar clothing pm me.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By YoungFrey

When it was just the MVC3 discount I was angry since I didn't want the game.  Now I have my codes.  A spare code for a female avatar, $10 off any game, and a code for MVC3 (both codes I can distribute as I wish).   Something better will always be something better so there is no point wishing the MVC3 code was for a game I wanted, but Amazon gave me everything it agreed to and more.   Anger at Amazon|/Capcom == Rescinded

I do wish the avatar clothes were separate pieces,so I could equip just the servebot head, but i knew it was a risk all along.
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#25  Edited By Sin4profit

yep, code gots...got an extra code for female avatar outfit for whoever wants it. though, Dead Rising seems like old old news at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.