Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

So just finished my 1st playthrough and felt confused.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By agentboolen

I got Ending C.  My biggest problem with this play through was I missed out on saving 50 survivors, in the pause menu it said I saved 49 but when I got to the end of the game it only gave me credit for 36!!  I also couldn't get the lady on the walkie talkie to spot the last survivor, granted I had only about 2-4 hours in game time to save that person I still would have liked the opportunity.  Also I only got to the 2nd day of the story mode when I failed it and figured I would come back later with more pp, still I didn't think this would effect my 50 survivor achievement.  

So after thinking about it is it possible to get the save 50 survivors in your first play through?

Also to get the 10 psycopath kill did you have to kill the gun men on the outside of the mall? I was kind of just running past all of them.

I really thought I would get these 2 achievements because everything the lady on the microphone brought to my attention I did.  I didn't lose any of the survivors she brought to me (no defects), I beat all of the psychopaths that I came across and thought I was doing a perfect run with out actually finishing the actual story mode part...  Only thing I did not have time to complete was that damn poker game!  I had 1 person left to strip when I got interrupted by the ending, could that have with held any information from the lady on the microphone?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

On my first actual attempt at playing through the story I got over 50 survivors, as I got the 50 survivor achievement earlier than the end. There are a certain number of survivors that don't show up as missions you just have to bump in to them. There's also snowflake. The 2 army guys left outside the mall are actually survivors but they just shot the crap out of me so I couldn't save them.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By agentboolen

Yea I'm guessing I missed a few of those then, I only really went after what the lady on the microphone came up with.  Still came up with a hell of a lot of survivors doing it that way.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

I think the funniest thing is that collecting survivors doesn't  affect your overall outcome at all... I killed just about every survivor to make sure I got the really random "tape it or die" mission  and I still got rank S. the psychopath gunmen  do count in the 10 kills but it's possible without them  as some of the story bosses count as psychopaths also.  50 is really quite easy to do considering theres 5 large groups of survivors. bibi, tape it or die, poker players, swimming pool girls and the 3 shoppers that are hidden on day 2 i think.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @agentboolen said:
    "  I got Ending C.  My biggest problem with this play through was I missed out on saving 50 survivors, in the pause menu it said I saved 49 but when I got to the end of the game it only gave me credit for 36!!  I also couldn't get the lady on the walkie talkie to spot the last survivor, granted I had only about 2-4 hours in game time to save that person I still would have liked the opportunity.  Also I only got to the 2nd day of the story mode when I failed it and figured I would come back later with more pp, still I didn't think this would effect my 50 survivor achievement.    So after thinking about it is it possible to get the save 50 survivors in your first play through?  Also to get the 10 psycopath kill did you have to kill the gun men on the outside of the mall? I was kind of just running past all of them. I really thought I would get these 2 achievements because everything the lady on the microphone brought to my attention I did.  I didn't lose any of the survivors she brought to me (no defects), I beat all of the psychopaths that I came across and thought I was doing a perfect run with out actually finishing the actual story mode part...  Only thing I did not have time to complete was that damn poker game!  I had 1 person left to strip when I got interrupted by the ending, could that have with held any information from the lady on the microphone? "
    You have to get your "Safe" stat to 61 since you start the game with 11 "Safe."
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By agentboolen

oh that might be why I have the penalty damn!  I was really hoping to be done with that achievement before my next play through, i guess not.

Klippinidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Klippinidas

I got the survivor achievement on my first playthrough (and rank S). I never ran into any random survivors, nor did I manage to even find Snowflake and the other guy (didn't know the game had random events until later on), but if you just follow all the calls from Staycie, you shouldn't have a problem finding them all. 

I never found the Poker players either, so if you just time your missions well, you should be able to. Did any die?

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By agentboolen
    @Klippinidas:  Nope none died, only deaths were when running away from the TIR event, but it didn't look like you could do anything for that.  I followed all staycie's events, the only one I had left was the poker game, did you beat that?  Maybe if I beat that it she would have given me more events?
    Klippinidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Klippinidas

Do you mean Ante Up? If so, that's not necessary to beat the game with an S rank and it doesn't give you anyone else. I played eleven turns of it and figured it was a waste of time. But like I said, I never found any random survivors. 

I think your main issue is that you only made it to Day 2. If you got through the entire 72 hours, you're presented with more survivors, and psychopaths too. So that could be your issue for both achievements.

Zeronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zeronos
    Its totally possible to get 50 survivors on your playthrough so long as you're fortunate enough to meet some of the 'hidden' folk on your journey around Fortune City. On my first play through, I was credited as saving 48 individuals. I didn't know about how to tame Snowflake at the time and I missed pretty much every other 'hidden' survivor. 

As for killing the Snipers, I think thats completely up to you. There are approximately nine psychopaths who you can receive scoops for across the 72 hour period  with one psychopath that you don't get a scoop for. I haven't counted a couple of characters because it is possible to save them. They are not factored into the nine psychopaths who you do get the scoops for. This figure also doesn't take into account any of the psychopaths that can be encountered by way of the Cases. 

Keep in mind though, you may not get certain calls for psychos at all and this can reduce your overall number. I speak from very minor experience on this matter as I have one full play where I absolutely did not encounter Leon at all. No scoop, he wasn't around the Bike outside the Arena. He just didn't appear. Mind you, it has only happened the once.
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By agentboolen
    @Klippinidas:  Yea I'm going to give it another go with getting farther in the actual story mode.  Today I basically wasted a ton of time running around with 7 survivors waiting for that microphone chick to finally give me the last survivor!!!  Just to find out that 7 survivors is the most you'll get at one time.  Nice trick achievement Capcom threw in there!  If I didn't love the gameplay in this game so much I would have thrown the disc out the window.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.