Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

NAT type problem agian!!

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Funzzo

A few weeks ago I wanted to try out the multiplayer on DS2. So I got online and found out what ports needed forwarding and how to do it. I put my computer in the DMZ and opened all the right ports. I then checked to make sure the ports were open with port checking program and they were open. All was good. I got on DS2 and into multiplayer I went. I really like the MP. Yesterday the internet went out because we got about a half inch of light snow and because MEDIACOM SUCKS ASS. Anyway I had to reset my modem and router to get back online. Ok fine I thought ill just go back and do all the shit I had to do before and continue enjoying DS2s MP. Well I loged into my router to find all my setting were still there. hooray!!!  I then dub checked my ports and all was good and open. But when I got on to DS2 I get this message that my NAT type is strict. What the fuck!!!  After the first time I set all this shit up that message went away and now its back and I cant play. The only thing I can think of is that new patch they just put out that gives all the suits and shit for free. I did install the patch and it might be the problem but im not sure. I fucking swear to god why the fuck is this always an issue. Mabey I should just get a hub and a few extra IPs.
    Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Funzzo

@drag said:

"Is your console on a static IP?  "

Its a PC and no its set to dynamic IP.
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By RobotHamster

How do I check and switch the ports because mine says strict as well.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funzzo

First find out your routers IP then go there and login. Mine is a trendnet router so its ip is 192.168.0.1 Here are DS2 ports you need open. 

UDP ports
    8088 – 28088 

TCP ports

make sure you enable UPnP and I added my computers IP to the DMZ to get past the firewall. do an ip config to get your ip address. The rest should be easy make sure you enter the right port numbers as the right type of ports UDP/TCP.  

I check to see if the ports are open with PFP portchecker a free program. google it for free download.  

Not sure why this is all grey?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.