Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Plasma Cutter, its been great

Capt_Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Capt_Pudge

In the first play-through of DS I only used the Plasma cutter and it was fun at first but then it was so powerful most enemies were a breeze. now up to chapter 6 in DS2 and haven't really cared to buy other guns. Is there any recommendations for the other guns, because otherwise I'm just going to be saving up to by more types of RIG's.  

Why do I feel that I'll just new game plus it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I went through the first game with basically just the plasma cutter too. I'm really liking the line gun this time though.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CenturionCajun

You might want to invest in the Force Gun for certain encounters towards the end of the game. Great for clearing a room and making some space.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ArchScabby

The Falmethrower is pretty cool, and I like the contact beam too.

I also like the seeker rifle, not because I think it's a particularly good gun, but just because it's satisfying to kill enemies with.

Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Titl

I just started a New game+ in DS, and i think the Line gun is amazing, granted, i have it fully upgraded. It devastates any- and everything it shoots at, it's great. 

The plasma cutter is the best starting weapon of all time though.

JediiKNIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By JediiKNIGHT

I went through most of the game using the pulse rife, I felt that it was a really good gun (accurate, fast rate of fire) but its not as powerful as the line gun.  

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vitor
    @JediiKNIGHT said:
    " I went through most of the game using the pulse rife, I felt that it was a really good gun (accurate, fast rate of fire) but its not as powerful as the line gun.   "
    This. 

The machine gun was awful in the first game - rapid fire but couldn't cut off limbs efficiently so mainly useless. Once you upgrade the power in DS2 though it tears them up if you aim well. Also best gun to have equipped when you go into those quick-time event style scenarios where you can only shoot and not move. So much easier.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Slaker117

It seems like every weapon is pretty damn good when used right. It's really up to you. Pretty cool that they managed to make each one feel so different and be useful.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy

The Seeker Rifle is godly. It's basically just the DS equivalent of a Sniper Rifle but oh man, it's powerful and when you zoom in it has a damage bonus. On Zealot I was killing enemies in two shots without upgrading anything on it. I just finished fully upgrading it and have yet to test it out - I'm expecting epic proportions.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

Have not tested all of them out myself but all weapons seem to be viable this time around.
    A lot of people seem to be praising the Impaler due to the fact that when upgraded it has the DMG of the Contact Beam but the ammo for it is dirt cheap, most enemies die in 1 hit.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By nickux
    @xyzygy: If you could post some reactions to using the upgraded Seeker rifle I'd appreciate it. Just seeing if it's worth investing some nodes during my NG+
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Yanngc33

the one that comes with the collector's edition is pretty good or take the flamethrower thats good fun

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spoonman671

The force gun is the best gun in the game.  You don't even have to aim with it unless you're using the alternate fire, which, by the way, is fucking devastating.  I can't understand why so few people appreciate the force gun.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xyzygy
    @nickux: OK, so it's awesome. I can kill Elite Necromorphs with two shots, one to each leg, on chapter 12. Seeker rifle, Zoom and stasis makes for a very deadly combination, and It's definitely going to help me with the upcoming Drill part of the game where all those little dog-babies with tentacles are. They are gone in one shot, even if it's just a body shot.
    kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By kerse

Most of the guns are really good if you upgrade them, you can't go wrong. I personally prefer the Force Gun its kinda of like a cone aoe in front of you, very effective if you find yourself getting surrounded.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.