Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Unskippable cut scenes and dialogue

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By the_hiro_abides

The more I play Dead Space 1 and 2, the more I'm annoyed by the cut scenes and dialogue. They are cool and atmospheric the first time through the game. My problem is in subsequent play throughs they become a slog to sit through. I mean, both games encourage you to play through a couple of times. I suppose this would be a non-issue if I let them sit a bit instead of immediately play through again. 

Anyway, I just wish they would let you skip them or at least fast forward them. 

Anyone agree? Or would you want some crazy mode added to make the multiple playthroughs more interesting? Maybe play as a necro mode, necros explode into balloons, or a black and white video filter.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

It;s even worse during hardcore mode. My first 4 or so deaths I had no saves, which forced me to listen to Nicole's ''Come iiiiiin Isaaaaac'' so many gawd dayum times.. eventually it just began to drill in my head, forcing my face to explode. Or was that Dana's brother during the opening?

the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the_hiro_abides
    @Abyssfull:  Yeah, I saw the beginning a lot because of Hardcore as well. I started turning my TV to something else while it played and when the controller vibrated I knew was most of the way through the opening.
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By sameeeeam

It can be a little annoying in subsequent playthroughs, especially if you're playing on hardcore.

otaku313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By otaku313

My belief is that NO game should EVER have unskippable cut scenes. 

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

First time through no, after that yeah.

But I have to say, I hate when people always skip quality cut scenes, in some games I watch them almost every time, Halo: Reach being one of those more resent games where I love the drama too much to just always skip past it.

TBird13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TBird13
    @otaku313 said:
    " My belief is that NO game should EVER have unskippable cut scenes.  "
    Well put, good sir. 
    Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rattle618

Agreed. 
    By the way, I just had to leave my pc running for a few minutes while Ubisoft tried to force down my throat several minutes of AC: Brotherhood credits, which also has un-skippable cut scenes of course.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By James_ex_machina

I recently played a game where I died over and over after long cut scenes. Each time I HAD to watch the cut scene. You should be able to skip them after the 1st viewing.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By damswedon

There was a Penny Arcade strip about this. 

No Caption Provided
    Nostromov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nostromov
    @the_hiro_abides said:

The more I play Dead Space 1 and 2 [..]

.. Add Dead Space 3 to the list. :-/

@otaku313 said:

My belief is that NO game should EVER have unskippable cut scenes.

@big_jon said:

First time through no, after that yeah.

While it may not be the case here, too many games use unskippable cutscenes to prolong the game.. Which is rly lame. Why you think (thought :)) that we shouldn't be allowed to skip them - I'm certain you have no idea; however it's a MAJOR annoyance and I, myself, have better things to do in life - other than to wait for a cutscene to finish, tnx.

(Game (Edit: Dead Space 3) would've been 10/10 if it wasn't for this dumb idea (Edit2: Oh and the console-feel, meh))

the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How appropriate, necro posting in the necromorph forum. Which somehow sounds really gross.

As much as I was annoyed 3 years ago by Dead Space 2, really the game that sticks with me more is Mass Effect 2. Playing on insanity on the Collector ship with the wrong team was driving me crazy. "Stay frosty people, well you'd better do it fast EDI."

Also the only thing I want to say about Dead Space 3 is moon crew.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.