Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

Suits

Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hammerjelly

So, do the suits not have stats anymore? Or am I just not looking in the right place.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By handlas

No, you just upgrade your "suit." Which ever one you are wearing doesn't matter from what I've heard (and seen). The only difference is you need one suit (maybe there is multiple?) to be able to withstand being outside on the ice planet. Or else you lose body temperature.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By RawknRo11a

Yea, you can upgrade your rig but as for the separate suits they are mainly cosmetic. As handles said, there are some suits that according to the description seem like they give you more air during space walking or let you stay out in the cold longer.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShaneDev

Why would you need a special suit to withstand freezing temperatures when every suit can easily cope with going into space?

InvaderSkooj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By InvaderSkooj

I don't know if you actually need a specific suit to protect against the cold. Your suit when you reach the ice planet is pretty busted up and you need something new simply because its not intact anymore.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

You do not need the special "arctic" modified suits to survive in the cold. There really is no difference. You can wear any suit on the ice planet and it will work just fine.

The game just makes it seem like there is a difference by making you find a cold resistant suit, but that is only because in the cut scene the helmet the suit you are wearing stops working, making it leak heat. But this happens to any suit as well, even if you already have a cold resistant one (from pre order for example) equipped.

They really are only just skins.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By handlas

That makes sense because I changed suits later and went outside and was fine still. I guess since ur suit is busted up from teh crash that that makes sense... you get a temperature gauge that goes down when you first land on the planet.

It was a little confusing tho because the guy says "you need the arctic suit to withstand the temperature" or something of that sort.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Humanity

@Hammerjelly: Apart from the arctic suits which are required to be worn in order to progress in the storyline, all others suits have no special properties and serve mostly as "skins" since you upgrade core stats that are applied to any suit you're currently wearing.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

The last one you get looks pretty cool

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Vinny_Says

Anyone unlock the engineer suit you get when you beat the game and if so can you post a pic because I tried googling it and nothing came up.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Vinny_Says said:

Anyone unlock the engineer suit you get when you beat the game and if so can you post a pic because I tried googling it and nothing came up.

Im pretty sure its just the same suit you get last in the first Game. 
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Teran

@RawknRo11a said:

Yea, you can upgrade your rig but as for the separate suits they are mainly cosmetic. As handles said, there are some suits that according to the description seem like they give you more air during space walking or let you stay out in the cold longer.

Considering all the suits are rated for operation in outer space, you don't actually need that specific suit, you just need the suit you were wearing to be repaired. You can use any suit you want at that point.

@Vinny_Says said:

I don't have a pic, but I have unlocked it. It just looks like the fully upgraded engineering suit with the metal bars as armor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.