Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space Extraction

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 28, 2009

A prequel to Dead Space, Extraction tells the story of the original Necromorph outbreak on the USG Ishimura. The game trades the original's third-person action for a hectic on-rails shooter from a first-person perspective.

Worth it if I dont have a Move?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

So I got Dead Space 2, and it comes with the trial for Dead Space extraction, which I ended up quite enjoying to be honest. They do a lot of smart things with the limited rail shooter format, and I would like to know more of the story. So my question (or questions) are, is the game worth the 14.99 on psn (especially how long is it more or less), and is it worth playing with a normal controler, im not buying a move just for this game, and I have no interest in any other Move games. The trial played fine with the controler, but I dont know how hectic it gets later on where the slow cursor movement with the controler would hurt the experience. Thoughts?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

Also, i already have a Ps Eye from eye of judgment, so I guess i could just get a Wand for this right? Or does it need the navigation controler? Man, is the game even worth buying it AND a wand?

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By RobotHamster

I'm waiting for the Socom 4 bundle to get my move, that's when I'll play Extraction and any other move games I want.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rhaknar

Where are you Extraction fans, could use some advice here

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I don't think it'd be a problem playing on a dualshock. I compared Move controls and Dualshock controls and both are pretty much the same. I think you should buy it if you're interested in it, it's a fantastic game.  

EDIT: yes it's worth it if you want to just buy the wand, it doesn't need a nav controller for that specific game. Its a TON cheaper to buy just a wand and not the eye and nav controller bundle like I did. 

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rhaknar

so i went to buy a wand... looked at the price (40euros lol?) and bought Killzone 3 instead lol >_> Ill just play extraction (if I buy it) with the DS tbh

supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By supaman900s

I thought all first run copies of the PS3 version of Dead Space 2 came with the full game of Dead Space Extraction?

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MiniPato

I played the first chapter with a controller and haven't touched it since. Eh, it's okay. Probably a much better game with the Move.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.