Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Creatures

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 09, 2009

Deadly Creatures is a Nintendo Wii-exclusive game. The player takes control of either a tarantula or scorpion depending on the level.

Thoughts on Daedly Creatures.

thatguy0130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 13

Edited By thatguy0130

Just wrapped up the game.  Really this title delivers exactly what it sets out to, an experience of being a "deadly creature."  First thing to note is the Best of E3 sticker on the box.  That is interesting.  Back in E3 it was probably innovative and full of potential.  Now though, with a final product in hand, I fail to see what makes this game stand out in any way.  Sure it is fun to creep along as a big hairy spider or perhaps stab things with a stinger as the scorpion, but the feel for the game just gets stale too quickly.  Speaking of quickly, the experience is over quickly, only about 8 hours if even that.  But Deadly Creatures does have it's high points.  Dennis and Billy Bob show some good vioce work if not for a few moments of sync problems.  Really that is what you get when you have two people trying to carry on a conversation without even being in the same recording booth.  Aside from that though, really good stuff.  Now for the meat and potatos.  The spider parts are definately better then the scorp parts.  The scorps handles like a tank, so he is slow but packs a punch.  But with everything else moving so fast, spidey is the much better choice.  He shoots around with his webbing, which you don't unlock until half way through the game, and has just an all around better feel control wise.  The level design is good and immersive, plenty to look at, but is crazy frusterating in some parts.  I found myself just completely lost on where to go on more then one occasion.  Luckily the game provides a help button in the form of an arrow.  Hold down the button to see which direction you are supposed to go it.  However, when you start crawling up walls and ceilings, it is easy to lose your bearings.  But they really nail the feel of walking around as a big ol' spider.  even down to the sound effects.  The soft pitter patter of your footsteps.  Infact the enviromental noise is so good that when they throw some music in there it really snaps you right out of the illusion.  I wish they would have taken the Team Ico approach of less is more.  But even with that, it isn't a bad game.  I picked it up for 20 bucks and feel like I had my money's worth of fun out of it.  Oh, I suppose I should mention the finish moves.  Yea they have some nice finishing moves, but I never really liked them all that much.  I know they were billed as being really great, and they are neat don't get me wrong, but when you ave to rely on the motion controlling, there are bound to be some stumbles along the way.  They worst part was the final confrontation with the snake.  There are a quick time even that has like 6 stages and if the game doesn't recognize what you do with the remotes, you have to start it all over again.  That was annoying.  But anyways, I recommend it for people who like more obscure games.  Not much for the traditional gamer to take away from this experience.  6 out of 10.    
    thatguy0130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By thatguy0130

Just wrapped up the game.  Really this title delivers exactly what it sets out to, an experience of being a "deadly creature."  First thing to note is the Best of E3 sticker on the box.  That is interesting.  Back in E3 it was probably innovative and full of potential.  Now though, with a final product in hand, I fail to see what makes this game stand out in any way.  Sure it is fun to creep along as a big hairy spider or perhaps stab things with a stinger as the scorpion, but the feel for the game just gets stale too quickly.  Speaking of quickly, the experience is over quickly, only about 8 hours if even that.  But Deadly Creatures does have it's high points.  Dennis and Billy Bob show some good vioce work if not for a few moments of sync problems.  Really that is what you get when you have two people trying to carry on a conversation without even being in the same recording booth.  Aside from that though, really good stuff.  Now for the meat and potatos.  The spider parts are definately better then the scorp parts.  The scorps handles like a tank, so he is slow but packs a punch.  But with everything else moving so fast, spidey is the much better choice.  He shoots around with his webbing, which you don't unlock until half way through the game, and has just an all around better feel control wise.  The level design is good and immersive, plenty to look at, but is crazy frusterating in some parts.  I found myself just completely lost on where to go on more then one occasion.  Luckily the game provides a help button in the form of an arrow.  Hold down the button to see which direction you are supposed to go it.  However, when you start crawling up walls and ceilings, it is easy to lose your bearings.  But they really nail the feel of walking around as a big ol' spider.  even down to the sound effects.  The soft pitter patter of your footsteps.  Infact the enviromental noise is so good that when they throw some music in there it really snaps you right out of the illusion.  I wish they would have taken the Team Ico approach of less is more.  But even with that, it isn't a bad game.  I picked it up for 20 bucks and feel like I had my money's worth of fun out of it.  Oh, I suppose I should mention the finish moves.  Yea they have some nice finishing moves, but I never really liked them all that much.  I know they were billed as being really great, and they are neat don't get me wrong, but when you ave to rely on the motion controlling, there are bound to be some stumbles along the way.  They worst part was the final confrontation with the snake.  There are a quick time even that has like 6 stages and if the game doesn't recognize what you do with the remotes, you have to start it all over again.  That was annoying.  But anyways, I recommend it for people who like more obscure games.  Not much for the traditional gamer to take away from this experience.  6 out of 10.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.